Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

A lot of bitchassedness in this thread when we traded for Cooper.  Only a few liked the move, some even claimed he wasn't talented and the Eagles were the wisest team trading a 3rd rounder for Golden Tate.  He wasn't a playmaker.  He dropped too many balls.  He can't get open.  Blah, blah, blah.

To all of you who doubted Amari's talent....

• Like 1

Just now, Blanton said:

Amen. We just get some consistency from offensive line and we can hang with anybody in the NFC.

Yeah. NFC is garbagio. Saints are looming but you already proved your mettle against them. This is a golden opportunity for the Boys to make a run.

2 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

I would not say the NFC is garbage...Just everyone is beating each other but IMO the NFC is way deeper than AFC

Um. That's horsehit. NFC has 2 legit teams in the Rams and Saints. Outside of that it's a FFA. 

AFC has the Chiefs, Steelers, Pats, Texans and Chargers who are all looking super salty as potential SB teams.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Um. That's horsehit. NFC has 2 legit teams in the Rams and Saints. Outside of that it's a FFA. 

AFC has the Chiefs, Steelers, Pats, Texans and Chargers who are all looking super salty as potential SB teams.

Sorry but Chargers, Texans or even the Steelers are not more "salty" than the Bears..Vikes and yes even the Cowboys...Also people seem to be forgetting Seattle 

52 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The D is good enough to win a superbowl. Just need a non regarded showing from the offense. 

need a competent quarterback. 

38 minutes ago, DougO said:

Cooper is definitely worth it now that it's a number 20-plus pick. Make it higher.

cooper is great but it’s gonna hurt the cap.  he may be better than a 1st rounder but a 1st rounder is about $15MM less per season.  after signing DLaw if we keep cooper we may have to cut bait with Dak which would, actually, make the trade 100% worth it. 

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

future farmers of america?  and give me a break on the AFC.  steelers suck, texans are pure fool’s gold, and the chargers won’t do shit in the playoffs like always.  pats and chiefs/rams and saints.  equal strength conferences

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A lot of bitchassedness in this thread when we traded for Cooper.  Only a few liked the move, some even claimed he wasn't talented and the Eagles were the wisest team trading a 3rd rounder for Golden Tate.  He wasn't a playmaker.  He dropped too many balls.  He can't get open.  Blah, blah, blah.

To all of you who doubted Amari's talent....

Someone claimed he was a poor route runner.

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Am I correct that 1 win or 1 Eagles loss will clinch the division?

No..... Washington is still technically in it, even if we win next week.  But realistically, yes, if the Rams beat Philly or we beat the Colts, it's pretty much over.... Both would be great, leave no doubt.

Ok so giants are eliminated. Best they could do is 8-8 tie with Dallas, split head to head, but would lose on division record. 

One Dallas win or one philly loss eliminates them, as the best they could do then is tie and lose head to head. 

With wash, one Dallas win or wash loss eliminates them as well, as a tie would go to Dallas by division record. 

So a Dallas win clinches, or a philly loss and a wash loss clinches. 

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

I was on delay and just finished. Got dang I knew that was going to be a loss in the 3rd qtr. Dak needs to get his shit together.

Yep, we’d really be scary if we didn’t have to overcome these weekly Dak-cidents 

Neither Los Angeles or New Orleans are Super Bowl teams. They have plenty of flaws that can be exploited as evidenced by the DAL-NO game and CHI-LA game

NFC is a free for all this year. You can string together a lot of victories, but after a sample size of 16 games a good defense and/or good quarterback play can negate these “high powered” offenses or whatever the fuck you want to call them.

If the Packers are out of the playoffs, then Dallas has as good of a chance as anybody in the NFC. Aaron Rodgers becomes ungodly against Dallas whenever we play him.

10 hours ago, Machinator said:

That's tough when your center is out, your best O-lineman may be hobbled now, and your cornerstone left tackle is now a shell of his former self.

With how the defense is performing and now that we have Cooper, our draft may need to focus on o-line first, d-line second, and BPA after that. Especially if we sign Earl. Don't think there's a qb that's worth drafting that will still be there when we pick. 

7 hours ago, DougO said:

The fecals traded a third round pick for Golden Tate. He had one catch for seven yards today.

Has Wentz regressed this year? I don't watch the Eagles much other than when they're playing the Cowboys, but their offense just doesn't look very smooth to me (credit to the Cowboys' defense last night, of course). Both Wentz and Jeffrey had pretty shitty years, fantasy-wise (ask me how I know this).

3 hours ago, Blanton said:

Neither Los Angeles or New Orleans are Super Bowl teams. They have plenty of flaws that can be exploited as evidenced by the DAL-NO game and CHI-LA game

NFC is a free for all this year. You can string together a lot of victories, but after a sample size of 16 games a good defense and/or good quarterback play can negate these “high powered” offenses or whatever the fuck you want to call them.

If the Packers are out of the playoffs, then Dallas has as good of a chance as anybody in the NFC. Aaron Rodgers becomes ungodly against Dallas whenever we play him.

Who is a "Super Bowl team" then by your definition? You could make similar nitpicks about the class of the AFC as well. KC relies on Mahomes playing heroball sometimes (like yesterday), and the Pats played like crap at Miami yesterday. IMO the NFL is, and has been, a team where most teams can beat most other teams on any given day.

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

With how the defense is performing and now that we have Cooper, our draft may need to focus on o-line first, d-line second, and BPA after that. Especially if we sign Earl. Don't think there's a qb that's worth drafting that will still be there when we pick. 

Dunno what the pundits are saying, but this QB class seems like it sucks to me. Giants done fucked up (lol).

4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Has Wentz regressed this year? I don't watch the Eagles much other than when they're playing the Cowboys, but their offense just doesn't look very smooth to me (credit to the Cowboys' defense last night, of course). Both Wentz and Jeffrey had pretty shitty years, fantasy-wise (ask me how I know this).

Who is a "Super Bowl team" then by your definition? You could make similar nitpicks about the class of the AFC as well. KC relies on Mahomes playing heroball sometimes (like yesterday), and the Pats played like crap at Miami yesterday. IMO the NFL is, and has been, a team where most teams can beat most other teams on any given day.

Dunno what the pundits are saying, but this QB class seems like it sucks to me. Giants done fucked up (lol).

Wentz has definitely regressed, but it was expected. A big part of what made him great last year was the unscripted portion of his game. He’s never been the most accurate qb, but his mobility (plus size and strength) made him hard to deal with. Not to mention the running game and offensive line they had last year. This year he’s not mobile, they have no running game, and the oline is a shell of what it was last year.

As for who is this years “super bowl” caliber team in the nfc, I think you still have to look at the saints as the favorite because they have the best combination of offense and defense (if I’m not mistaken). But really, NO, LA, Chicago, Dallas, all have flaws but all could make it to the super bowl in my opinion. We just saw yesterday two more examples of defensive minded teams taking it to “record breaking” offensive teams. Chicago essentially shuts out LA (while Mitch Trubisky throws for 3 picks), and KC was a 4th and 15 away from losing to the ravens. 

All im saying is, even with how are team is currently constructed, this is doable. We just need a LITTLE more consistency out of Dak. 

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

So when Jon Gruden wins NFL Executive of the Year this year does the league give it to him for his work with the Bears or the Cowboys?

Haha I was having this conversation with my cousin. Which trade has had a bigger impact? The bears d wasn’t anywhere near this pre-Mack. Same can be said about the cowboys offense with cooper.

Yep, we’d really be scary if we didn’t have to overcome these weekly Dak-cidents 

Weekly? He had a horrible game. He dug a hole and stated unburying himself and then with help from Amari played his way out of it.

But the book on Dak is he’s too scared to make a mistake and usually doesn’t and people say he can’t win shoutouts. Yesterday was an outlier. Not a weekly thing.

Yeah I am not sleeping on Seattle or Chicago either. NFC should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1