Final Four in San Antonio

Bartles

I think KU fans are pretty realistic compared to most good programs. They don't assume a win every time they step on the court, even though in conference play that's pretty much what happens. But man I didn't think this game would be this easy. They had a 2-0 lead and have been gargling ever since

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck Kansas.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again...most insufferable fans in sports  (this side of Aggy).  You'd think they had 20 titles the way they talk.  I loved my time living in KC outside of dealing with these felchers. 

Other than one of the best hamburgers at the Casbah ain't a damn thing good about Lawrence. 

This was supposed to be a "down" year for Kansas, and they still won the conference, conference tourney, and made a Final 4. Ya, they got depantsed by Nova, but the Wildcats have done that to several good teams this season. Still one of Bill Self's best coaching jobs at KU.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This was supposed to be a "down" year for Kansas, and they still won the conference, conference tourney, and made a Final 4. Ya, they got depantsed by Nova, but the Wildcats have done that to several good teams this season. Still one of Bill Self's best coaching jobs at KU.

Not that long ago people were saying they wouldn't get past the first weekend of March. 

The only question now is will Nova shoot like shit after that performance?  Michigan is arguably a better defensive team than Kansas.  I don't think it's a given they'll live up to this last performance.  The title game is setting up to be close, which I think it will.  Someone cracks 70, they'll win.

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck Kansas.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again...most insufferable fans in sports  (this side of Aggy).  You'd think they had 20 titles the way they talk.  I loved my time living in KC outside of dealing with these felchers. 

Wow, I say the exact same thing about Sooner fans.

That game was over when it was 9-2. They did everything perfect from beyond the arc on both sides of the court. We did everything wrong from beyond the arc including defense, not shooting the ball, screens.... everything.  

Clearly our strategy was to try and get the ball inside and draw some early fouls on the big three point shooter. Once that guy hit his first 2 threes our plan was nullified and we had no other thoughts. 

Surprisingly, even though we lost by 16 we scored 79 which is enough to win in the final four. If they would have had an off shooting night (or even only made 35%) that game could have been a whole lot different.  Can’t expect them to shoot lay number though if you don’t guard the line. 

Good game, pretty good officiating, great season for the hawks. 

Nova's big man vs Wagner should be interesting. I don't see how the rest of Mich can hang with Nova.

Nova's last 4 recruiting classes on campus ranked 29-45-28-48

Something I wonder about Smart. Is he spening enough time recruiting players that he is used to working with in his system? Or, is he focusing too much on making our fans happy with recruiting rankings?

28 minutes ago, pacman said:

Nova's big man vs Wagner should be interesting. I don't see how the rest of Mich can hang with Nova.

Nova's last 4 recruiting classes on campus ranked 29-45-28-48

Something I wonder about Smart. Is he spening enough time recruiting players that he is used to working with in his system? Or, is he focusing too much on making our fans happy with recruiting rankings?

he would make us all happy if he'd spend more time recruiting players that can actually shoot the ball, seems to work well for other teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jhawk said:

That game was over when it was 9-2. They did everything perfect from beyond the arc on both sides of the court. We did everything wrong from beyond the arc including defense, not shooting the ball, screens.... everything.  

Clearly our strategy was to try and get the ball inside and draw some early fouls on the big three point shooter. Once that guy hit his first 2 threes our plan was nullified and we had no other thoughts. 

Surprisingly, even though we lost by 16 we scored 79 which is enough to win in the final four. If they would have had an off shooting night (or even only made 35%) that game could have been a whole lot different.  Can’t expect them to shoot lay number though if you don’t guard the line. 

Good game, pretty good officiating, great season for the hawks. 

Solid post.

Defense had been KU's weakness all season, whereas 'Nova is probably the most balanced team in basketball. Y'all would've needed to shoot 50-60 percent from BTA to win, imo. Instead, the Wildcats were the ones who couldn't miss.

Congrats on a great season. KU won the Big 12, the conference tourney, and reached the Final Four with what I considered to be one of its weaker teams. True, there was a lot of parity and the overall field was weaker, but it's still a testament to Self's excellence.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Solid post.

Defense had been KU's weakness all season, whereas 'Nova is probably the most balanced team in basketball. Y'all would've needed to shoot 50-60 percent from BTA to win, imo. Instead, the Wildcats were the ones who couldn't miss.

Congrats on a great season. KU won the Big 12, the conference tourney, and reached the Final Four with what I considered to be one of its weaker teams. True, there was a lot of parity and the overall field was weaker, but it's still a testament to Self's excellence.

Agreed.  One of his better coaching jobs. 

I'm not mentally prepared for Nova to lose tonight, since I can't really picture how that would even happen on this stage. It would take more than just cooling off from 3-range, they do that from time to time and make up for it by crashing the boards, driving and drawing fouls. Plus their defense is good enough to withstand UM shooting well, and their depth can withstand 1-2 guys getting in foul trouble.

Of course, this has been a bizarre tournament and UM is well coached. But I'm expecting to be climbing traffic poles in a few hours

Villanova wins ... skeeter wins 80% of a healthy $$$ pot.  Have to "share" with Mrs. skeeter (you married guys know what that means).

Meat-chicken wins ... skeeter wins 15% of the same healthy pot.  I don't have to share.

I'm about to crack open a bottle of 12 y/o Scotch ... by tipoff, I won't give a shit either way.