Clemson @ Aggy - ESPN

Hugo Stiglitz

Except they weren't, and A&M made the plays against one of the best defenses in the country.
I hate A&M like everyone.  Sucks that we're looking for their misery to compensate for our shitness.  But they have a good team.  We don't.  

I hate them almost as much as OUsux but they are well coached, dynamic on offense and have a quarterback a million times better than ours. Hurts to type that.

2 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Except they weren't, and A&M made the plays against one of the best defenses in the country.

I hate A&M like everyone.  Sucks that we're looking for their misery to compensate for our shitness.  But they have a good team.  We don't.  

Truth, with that said, regarding the state of Texas football...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

SEC refs won't allow that kind of holding, going to tears flowing.... coaster in great shape even with new coach

aggy friends on social media are losing their minds( minor setback)

They only lost because of 2 bad calls...  

So, before we hear all the concern trolls coming out of the woodwork with all the usual "WOE IS US" shit, please consider a few things: 

1. Dabo decided that this game would be a good time to audition his two QBs to see who should start. If he'd stuck with Bryant all game, it would have been over in the first quarter. Basically, Dabo's genius ass treated aggy the same way Mack treated UNT with Colt and Snead in 2006. Let that sink in. Dabo looked at aggy and thought "my team is to you as 2006 Texas was to UNT." It was actually really fucking stupid, but Dabo does dumb shit sometimes. He REALLY did his best to fucking to lose this thing. 

2. Clemson looked like dog shit. Much closer to the team that lost to Syracuse than the team that beat the shit out of everyone else not named "Alabama" on their schedule. As someone pointed out, watching the game itself, was baffling. Clemson was clearly more talented and just better., but they kept fucking up.  You could tell aggy was hanging in there because they show the score on the screen, but Clemson at their very worst still looked 35 points better. 

3. aggy got away with a truly astounding amount of holding all game. It was like watching Big XII refs officiate OU. Do you really think SEC refs are going to let them pull that shit with Bama, LSU, and Auburn? Which brings me to my next point....

4. I'm pretty sure Kellen Mond is dead. I don't know if it's that no one bothered to tell him or they shot him up with the shit from Re-Animator, but Clemson knocked the shit out of him all fucking game. Props to him for toughing it out and all... but do you really think he's going to last the season?

5. Brent Venables has ALWAYS had issues with TE/talented receivers in the slot. They lost the 2015 title game because he forgot that OJ Howard was a thing. They almost blew it again in 2016 for the same reason - Simpson had 207 and 106 yards respectively with 3 total TD. Even Greg Davis knew this - see 2008 RRS. 

6. This is not a bad thing. As many others have pointed out, the roller coaster has reached new and astounding heights. Which will make the inevitable descent back to reality SO much more satisfying. Click clack click clack click clack...

I'd rather be 0-12 and a Horn than 12-0 and aggy. Fortunately, I don't think I'm going to have to worry about it because fucking things up is what they do. For those of you freaking out - chill the fuck out, stab a voodoo doll of Tim Beck many, many times, and have another beer. 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Clemson shit the bed 2nd half.  Seemed like two different teams from the first to second half. It was passing me off. 

Glad Clemson got the W, but fuck me running they let that be way closer than it should have been. 

Not really.   A&M played its ass off and in doing so outplayed Clemson.  Clemson's secondary is a weakness but they're still one of the 3 best teams in the country.

A&M played them straight up.  It's okay to admit that.  Regardless of how much we hate them.

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Not really.   A&M played its ass off and in doing so outplayed Clemson.  Clemson's secondary is a weakness but they're still one of the 3 best teams in the country.

A&M played them straight up.  It's okay to admit that.  Regardless of how much we hate them.

No, really.  Clemson played with its head up its ass the second half. And the punter should be told to find his own way home. 

2 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

I’m not going to quote because it’s way too long, but @campcrunk wins the most aggy post of surly’s short life. #6 was pretty much your only non-spin, valid point. Roller coaster is real.

and Tulsa just gained 15 on a fucking jet sweep again 

So "fucking things up is what" aggy does isn't accurate? Did Dabo not switch QBs every two series for three quarters? 

Please explain with what I'm sure will an eloquent and erudite post. 

Just now, campcrunk said:

So "fucking things up is what" aggy does isn't accurate? Did Dabo not switch QBs every two series for three quarters? 

Please explain with what I'm sure will an eloquent and erudite post. 

I read...aggy isn’t really good, Clemson was just trying too hard.

Just now, bigcigar said:

I read...aggy isn’t really good, Clemson was just trying too hard.

Then you clearly very misread. I plainly said Clemson looked unprepared and like utter dog shit. If that wasn't clear to you, I don't know how else to explain it to you.

And if you're curious as to my thoughts on our current Mensa situation, they are very clearly documented in the "Fire Tom Herman" thread. 

1 minute ago, campcrunk said:

Then you clearly very misread. I plainly said Clemson looked unprepared and like utter dog shit. If that wasn't clear to you, I don't know how else to explain it to you.

And if you're curious as to my thoughts on our current Mensa situation, they are very clearly documented in the "Fire Tom Herman" thread. 

No, I read it correctly. That said, while certainly benefiting from questionable decisions, aggy looked much better than expected. The roller coaster is on track, but I think you’re downplaying what they showed a bit too much. You could have the same circumstances with Sumlin and the outcome would be much more closely aligned with expectations.