aggy Passes UT as #1 Most Valuable CFB Program

phdhorn

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

UT has more NCAA national championships since 2000 than A&M has in the history of their school. UT also has more NCAA championships in just one sport than A&M has in all sports, all three genders (male, female, aggy), in the history of their school.

basically, A&M is Texas Tech

except Tech is realistic

and fan base is normal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

From the legally mandated safe distance, I hope.

"Legally mandated safe distance" is an aggy restriction, not a well-adjusted individual restriction.

You know, the group masturbation into a community container issue. The enforced self-mutilation by squeezing one's genitals.

Those are far more problematic than encouraging young Texans to mind their parents and to work hard in school.

At least outside of College Station, and evidently now the low-lying floodlands around Katy.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

basically, A&M is Texas Tech

except Tech is realistic

and fan base is normal

Why do you think John Sharp is so adamant that Tech not have a vet school? Because he knows in very short order, the Tech vet school will surpass the quality of education at the aggy vet school.

Sharp doesn't want the competition from a Tech vet school. He knows aggys don't do well in competitive endeavors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Unless you have a definition of "earning" other than operating revenue, aggy didn' "out earn" UT during Charlie's tenure. The entire boost in aggy finances has been driven by their capital campaign that people are claiming to be revenue. If you have ever invested in a company, you should be able to understand the difference between operating revenue and capital contributions. A lot of sportswriters don't understand the difference. Which is why articles such as the Forbes article get published.

In 2011, A&M had no outdoor track facility because theirs had been condemned in 2004 as a safety hazard. Their football stadium, built the same year as The Big House, was in such a dilapidated state that the fire marshal had declared the electrical a safety hazard, the plumbing was barely functional and they couldn't light the sign on the exterior that said "Kyle Field."

They borrowed $350 million, and had alumni donate $285 million to finally, at long last, do something about their infrastructure. Programs such as Michigan and Texas have consistent revenue to maintain facilities. Second tier programs, such as Texas A&M, have to let their facilities degrade to the point of being condemned, and then cash in on their once-in-20-year "resurgence" to generate money to catch up. The ability to maintain facilities at a high level, and the inability to keep facilities from being condemned differentiates top tier and second tier programs. Think back to when any UT athletics facility has ever been condemned as a safety hazard. Imagine have multiple facilities on campus condemned as safety hazards. In that thought, you will understand the difference between UT and A&M.

As an aside, their new outdoor track facility has a maximum capacity of 3,500. The state high school track meet regularly draws 20,000. It is held at UT because UT is the only school in the state with the finances to afford facilities sufficient to host the meet.

Yes, aggy has finally done something about their dilapidated facilities. They have borrowed a lot of money to do it. From their alumni they raised less than Oregon or Oklahoma State did for their facilities projects. aggy spent so much on their football project, they were left without funds to build a proper track facility. They still can't afford to repay the loans they have owed their academic side since 2006. They didn't generate enough operating revenue to cover expenses in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 or 2017. Ask aggy about considering sending an 8-figure check from athletics to academics even once, let alone every year, and they will cough up a badly squeezed testicle.

And they call that "redneck riches."

Congratulations, aggy. You have reached the pinnacle.

Maybe now they will start trying to find the money to get their indoor plumbing fully functional. Because, you know, indoor plumbing isn't something everyone is used to, but must of us who aren't aggy are kind of used to it.

These are people who take out home equity loans to finance new jetskis. 

Nothing about their money management or desire to demonstrate wealth that does not exist should surprise any of us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twizzler said:

Its almost like buzz feed click bait.  I assumed Forbes would be better than that. 

The ACC only has one school listed: Florida State (unless counting partial member) Notre Dame, gives the league 2 schools in the top 25; the rest of the ACC:

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Call me when they finally pay back the loans they owe their academic side and start pumping $10 million+ back to the academic side every year.

If they are truly generating excess revenue, the also need to be helping the academic side improve the educational experience for the students.

Oh, but I forgot, they are aggy. Vocational schools don't really do the "educational thing."

Never mind, just keep being aggy. But maybe you want to spend some money and get the indoor plumbing fixed. Just a suggestion.

RD - Can you refresh the details on the loans to the athletic dept that have not been repaid?  Timing and amount.  I have an aggy "friend" I need to educate on this.

53 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, SDG said:
Will you assholes quit buying your UT jerseys from the cheap Chinese sites?  We need the revenue numbers...

I thought we agreed grown men shouldn't be wearing jerseys..

Correct.  Unless you're a Bucknut.  So, still correct.

So fundraising that isn't operating revenue is included.  Coaching salaries aren't included.  Millions of dollars have yet to be repaid from their broke ass charity loan from their school.

Is there a more dishonest group of people anywhere?  I'm ashamed they call themselves Texans.  Truly.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

RD - Can you refresh the details on the loans to the athletic dept that have not been repaid?  Timing and amount.  I have an aggy "friend" I need to educate on this.

I'm on my work computer while I am on vacation, and it has javascript shut down, as well as other security measures, so I'm not sure if these jpgs or just the links show up on your machine, but here goes:

Here is the annual debt service of aggy athletics, taken from their budget documents. The $1.6 mil is the annual repayment of the debt.

https://imgur.com/Wv4ayHg

Here is where the understanding aggy couldn't cover operating expenses in 2017 came from:

https://imgur.com/PDLXEYU

Here is where the inability to cover expenses in 2012 came from. It's buried in the article, but it is there:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2013/05/07/ncaa-finances-subsidies/2142443/

Here is the link to the original $16 million loan from 2006, that they tried to hide from the taxpayers:

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/a-m-lent-athletics-million/article_6d3d276a-2f0d-5eaa-bffd-5fd72b27e147.html

Let me know if you need more info.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh, and in the last article that talks about the 2006 initial loan of $16 million coming from "investment earnings" (which is bullshit, it was money that otherwise would have been spent on educating the stupid little rednecks,), here is the snapshot from their 2016 NCAA financials that shows the actual amount of TAMU College Station's endowment:

https://imgur.com/xJEpKh3

Notice carefully and you will see their actual athletics endowments are barely $1 mil. Not nearly enough to generate $16 million in loan proceeds. Their actual endowment for the entire university is just over $400 mil. At a 5% payout, the $16 mil loan was 80% of the entire university's endowment income if the loan had been made in 2016.

But wait, there's more....

Look just below line 55 where they disclose the institutional endowment for 2015 - $259 million. Yep, aggy has added to their school's endowment lately. When UT was raising $3.3B, aggy raised $150 mil for academic endowments. Yay aggy!

Take a 5% payout from the $259 mil figure, which would be the entirety of TAMU"s 2015 "institutional investment earnings," and tell me if you arrive at a figure more, or less, than $16 mil.

Yep. They lied about where the money came from. It wasn't from "investment earnings." It was from money intended for academics.

Liars can figure, but figures don't lie. Code of Honor. Whoop!

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

didn't they somehow attach money from, or take money from, their feeder schools like A&M Commerce to pay for some of this shit?

somehow they used "system" revenue for something 

I can't imagine our Regents allowing us to take money from UTEP to count towards anything here.

Here is the header of the documents related to the aggy debt offering. It states the amount was $334 mil, but they offered it out at an above market interest rate, so the proceeds of the taxable muni issue were $350 million. Notice they pledged the revenues from the entire TAMU system, not just TAMU College Station to back the debt.

The revenues of TAMU College Station are about $1.5B and the entire TAMU system's revenues are about $4B. With the opening of the new UT med school, the revenues of just UT Austin are about as much as the entire TAMU system. That would make two individual UT system components with revenues more than the entire TAMU system (M.D.Anderson being the other). Total revenues for the UT system are approaching $20B.

https://imgur.com/VHIdY5V

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Who cares. When we tell people the UT experience is fundamentally different than that at A&M, we know of what we speak. Either people get it, or they don't.

On the academic side, the annual operating budget at UT is $1B more than at A&M, even though UT has about 15,000 fewer students. A&M ranks below even U of H in professor salaries. That $1B, spent on attracting talented professors, on labs, on support infrastructure, etc, makes a huge difference.

I'm not going to raise my voice very much to explain to kids that they should stay out of trouble, study in high school, and try to get admitted to UT Austin. or UT Dallas, or UT San Antonio, or eventually UT Law, or UT Southwestern, or UT Dell Med, or UTMB Galveston, (see where I am going with this?)

A&M claims a connection to the U.S. military. The U.S. military (Army) picked Austin as the HQ for the new command that will be the foundation of our national defense for the next 100 years specifically because of the intellectual capital associated with UT Austin.

The intellectual capital associated with UT Austin is precisely what drives the economy of the Austin metroplex. The intellectual capital of Texas A&M is what drives the economy of the Bryan/College Station farm belt. Visit each of the two areas. Tell me if you can discern any difference. Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston comprise a very vibrant economic region. There is a dead spot right in the middle of that region. The epicenter of that dead spot is College Station, Texas. If you don't believe me, look at a map.

Recruits will do what recruits do. At 17 or 18, no kid really gets it.

But there is a "it" to get.

You get a lot of stick but this was good.

1 minute ago, Yama Yak Yachtzi said:

Joel Klatt just busted this myth up on the Colin Cowherd show. Said what we all know. The donations have inflated their value. 1:30 mark for whoever wants to post later.

This is yet another reason why folks on here shouldn't be quick to bash on Joel Klatt.  He's a pretty good at calling games, and overall fair toward Texas.  And more importantly, he's not a member of the large media group that reflexively gargles the SEC's balls.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, South Austin said:

This is yet another reason why folks on here shouldn't be quick to bash on Joel Klatt.  He's a pretty good at calling games, and overall fair toward Texas.  And more importantly, he's not a member of the large media group that reflexively gargles the SEC's balls.

I think Joel Klatt is great. Enjoy when he comes on the ticket.

Edited by bigcigar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

@Randolph Duke have you hit the Forbes article mentions on twitter yet with this gold? I want to see the ags lose their shit. 

Thanks in advance,

Tanked

I'm on vacation this week. Haven't been on twitter since late last week (when I hilariously got into a conversation with a male aggy nurse who insisted he could diagnose patients he had never been within 50 miles of in his life, based entirely on a random tweet send by a total stranger. Not smart people, those aggys, but damned impressed with their own abilities).

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm on vacation this week. Haven't been on twitter since late last week (when I hilariously got into a conversation with a male aggy nurse who insisted he could diagnose patients he had never been within 50 miles of in his life, based entirely on a random tweet send by a total stranger. Not smart people, those aggys, but damned impressed with their own abilities).

lord

6 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Curious how they cooked the books to get a banner

Haha, yep. Not that it matters much, and my memory is pretty foggy when it comes to the finances surrounding their program when they moved, when they fired Sumlin, but aren't they in all kinds of crazy debt? I guess that doesn't figure into this calculation.

11 minutes ago, wood said:

...but aren't they in all kinds of crazy debt?

Yes.  They're leveraged to their eyeballs.  I can guarantee you they wouldn't get a big line of credit from the local commercial lender.

Oh wait, the local lender would be an aggy.  NM.

Edited by Scholz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

A&M claims a connection to the U.S. military. The U.S. military (Army) picked Austin as the HQ for the new command that will be the foundation of our national defense for the next 100 years specifically because of the intellectual capital associated with UT Austin.

This right here tells you all you need to know about how the U.S. Armed Forces view aggy's military component. The U.S. Army has always been the branch aggy most closely tries to identify with, and even they chose Austin over aggy. Lulz.

5 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

their accountants, much like the construction contractors, had ONE mission...."make it biggern' the sips"

no way their reporting is legit, they admit as such and don't fucking care.

as long as some publication somewhere puts aggy on a list ahead of Texas, their work is done.   It's all "good bull."

They got caught a few years back similarly cooking the academic reporting records, a scandal that would have embarrassed any other institution of higher learning to no end and resulted in people losing their careers, but not these assholes...

So, their numbers are just trumped up exaggerations....is that what you're saying?  

4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

UT has more NCAA national championships since 2000 than A&M has in the history of their school. UT also has more NCAA championships in just one sport than A&M has in all sports, all three genders (male, female, aggy), in the history of their school.

Then again, having more NCAA championships in just one sport than A&M has in all sports isn't much of a boast. So does Okie Lite, West Virginia, etc, etc.

U of H has more team national championships that A&M. UTEP has more individual NCAA champions than A&M.

And then there is aggy academics. Have I told you A&M prides itself on its engineering? If you get into a conversation with an aggy, ask them to tell you about aggy engineering.

When I am down in Texas and talk with kids, I make sure to tell them to mind their parents and to work hard in school. And I explain if they don't, the only school they will get admitted to is Texas A&M.

So ... Swimming? Are there any other sports that fit that bill? How many does aggy have in total?

Oh, and btw, I always love your work here on these topics. Keep it up.

Edited by wood

3 hours ago, Scholz said:

So fundraising that isn't operating revenue is included.  Coaching salaries aren't included.  Millions of dollars have yet to be repaid from their broke ass charity loan from their school.

Is there a more dishonest group of people anywhere?  I'm ashamed they call themselves Texans.  Truly.

Posting again for you, gemba, so you can cry about it some more.  Lulz.  You're just mad because you know I'm right, that aggys are a bunch of lying bags of shit.

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Unless you have a definition of "earning" other than operating revenue, aggy didn' "out earn" UT during Charlie's tenure. The entire boost in aggy finances has been driven by their capital campaign that people are claiming to be revenue. If you have ever invested in a company, you should be able to understand the difference between operating revenue and capital contributions. A lot of sportswriters don't understand the difference. Which is why articles such as the Forbes article get published.

Thanks for setting the record straight as always with those fucking hillbillies.