Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

8 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I’m a pessimist and I expect, should Beto win, I’ll at some point be let down and he’ll bend in ways that basically every politician does. But for right now, I 100% believe that he means what he’s saying and intends to keep doing things the way he is doing them.

I want Beto to win just for the thought of Trump melting down on twitter and blaming everything on Cruz.

17 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I’m a pessimist and I expect, should Beto win, I’ll at some point be let down and he’ll bend in ways that basically every politician does. But for right now, I 100% believe that he means what he’s saying and intends to keep doing things the way he is doing them.

If Beto wins he'd be crazy not to think about 2020.

I have this hope that whoever we send to DC as senator actually represents ALL Texans, not just one group or another.  Represent all, regardless of wealth, race, age, gender, religious leanings, sexual orientation or any other measures of difference people want to use.

I want a statesman, one who is doing his or her best for the people.   One who makes sacrifices for the greater good.  Who would gamble a political future to stand up against those who would sell us out to line their own pockets.

I don't know if Beto can do that, but I sure as hell know Cruz has no interest in that.  He is all about power and money. 

Beto might not win.  But he's doing the right thing in my opinion.  If he loses, he will still have his integrity, something Rafael lost long ago. 

In this Texas heat I am working on the blueberry Beto snowcones instead of Koolaid. 

30 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Little known fact - Ted Cruz was the director of photography for Texas Rising.

Makes sense.  He sure as hell wasn't doing anything for Texas as the junior senator.   Also makes sense that that program was highly anticipated and widely panned for being inauthentic.

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

What sets Cruz apart is his apparent belief that he can just shit on everyone and be a transparent weasel all the time and nobody will notice.  It seems it must either be caused by a ridiculous Trump-like ego, or some kind of profound antisocial lack of adjustment.  Either way, it’s like he assumes he’s one step ahead of everyone at all times when actually before his first term is even up everyone already views him as the most obvious snake ever, so obvious that people chose DONALD TRUMP over him based on Trump being less icky.

I think it's caused by him being so god damn good looking and charming. He just thinks he can get away with anything because of that chiseled jaw line and his smooth talking. I want to hate him but he's just so fucking cool I can't do it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I have this hope that whoever we send to DC as senator actually represents ALL Texans, not just one group or another.  Represent all, regardless of wealth, race, age, gender, religious leanings, sexual orientation or any other measures of difference people want to use.

This sure sounds like a fine ideal but it is just so naively stupid it is hard to take it seriously.  If there is a vote to say open up more offshore drilling in the Gulf then it would be great for a lot of texans that work for oil/gas companies and great for the state to get more tax dollars.  However, there are a group of conservationists that are worried that expanding drilling will hurt the ecosystem.  How should the senator vote on this?  How can he represent ALL Texans?

You can never possibly represent ALL of anything.  Make your platform known, make your ideology known and then follow those if you get elected.  Vote for whoever matches closest to you and then hope.

1 minute ago, Washpark said:

Funny how on the fence voters/posters disappear when it is pointed out that Cruz is a hypocrite. Reinforces that they will vote team R no matter the candidate.   

Ted Cruz also eats boogers on tv.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:14 AM, Ted Lange said:

Does anyone know which cost center we select when invoicing Soros for wearing a BETO shirt?  I’ve still yet to get a check from George, I must be entering expenses wrong since every one else is getting paid. 

PM Tahoe.  He knows all about the bleks getting walking-around money

On 7/23/2018 at 1:21 PM, JimmyJames said:

Hell my hardcore trump supporter dad is gonna vote for beto. Thinks Cruz stabbed trump in the back at the convention and that ted is a weasel anyway, not a real Texan. So maybe there’s hope. 

Nope.  It will be close and Trump will tweet out for all of his idiotic followers to vote Cruz, and they will do so. 

Cruz wants 5 debates. Proposed dates, topics and formats:

8/31 in Dallas - Jobs/Taxes/Federal Regulations/National Economy - podium format

9/14 in McAllen - Immigration/Border Sec/Criminal Justice/SCOTUS - seated format

9/21 in SA - Foreign Policy/NatSec - townhall format

10/5 in Houston - Energy/Trade/Texas Economy - podium format

10/12 in Lubbock - Healthcare/Obamacare - townhall format

LOL townhall about Obamacare in Lubbock. That'll be so pro-Cruz and anti-Obamacare it'll be disgusting AF.

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

PM Tahoe.  He knows all about the bleks getting walking-around money

Nope.  It will be close and Trump will tweet out for all of his idiotic followers to vote Cruz, and they will do so. 

Just like Children of the Corn.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Cruz wants 5 debates. Proposed dates, topics and formats:

8/31 in Dallas - Jobs/Taxes/Federal Regulations/National Economy - podium format

9/14 in McAllen - Immigration/Border Sec/Criminal Justice/SCOTUS - seated format

9/21 in SA - Foreign Policy/NatSec - townhall format

10/5 in Houston - Energy/Trade/Texas Economy - podium format

10/12 in Lubbock - Healthcare/Obamacare - townhall format

LOL townhall about Obamacare in Lubbock. That'll be so pro-Cruz and anti-Obamacare it'll be disgusting AF.

Beto has done at least 5 town halls in Lubbock and pulls 1000+, and he has a campaign office there. It is the first time a senate candidate has had a campaign office in Lubbock in recent history. He will be well organized there.

Healthcare is at or near the top of Texans concerns pretty much everywhere. 

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Ted and Randall’s are very similar. Too expensive and no one you know goes there. But somehow still in business. 

My kids and I wrote a jingle for Randall’s.  It goes like this:

”Randall’s... I just threw up a bit in my mouth.”

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Is he good, though? He didn’t look or sound good during the presidential campaign.
Political debate is nothing like academic debate.

No, he isnt. Its one of the greatest myths of our lifetime. Mr Spittle looked quite average during the presidential campaign. He got destroyed by a reality tv star.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

No, he isnt. Its one of the greatest myths of our lifetime. Mr Spittle looked quite average during the presidential campaign. He got destroyed by a reality tv star.

Beto is also made for TV and charismatic 

I think a McAllen debate is perfect for Beto. He’s well known in the El Paso area but he didn’t exactly kill it along the border in the primary. He definitely needs that area to turn out big for him. Ted should have suggested El Paso because Beto wouldn’t have as much to gain there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Larry T. Spider said:

I think a McAllen debate is perfect for Beto. He’s well known in the El Paso area but he didn’t exactly kill it along the border in the primary. He definitely needs that area to turn out big for him. Ted should have suggested El Paso because Beto wouldn’t have as much to gain there.

That seems like sound reasoning to me. Thanks for that. 

4 hours ago, Post Oak said:

This makes me think Cruz is more worried than we thought

Cruz proposed debates months ago. He's just following through. To not debate would make him look afraid. 

I can't stand Cruz but he will steamroll Francis in the two debates that count.... the first one and last one. 

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, mchookem said:

when Ted Cruz speaks he reminds me of Pete Campbell, smarmy as fuck

He is. But don't kid yourself-- in a game of Constitutional Law Trivia pursuit, Teddy would definitely whip the ass of anyone you know. It's about all he's good at. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Clob94 said:

Cruz proposed debates months ago. He's just following through. To not debate would make him look afraid. 

I can't stand Cruz but he will steamroll Francis in the two debates that count.... the first one and last one. 

If he was confident in his lead he would have followed through with 2, not 5.

It will be fun watching Cruz try to justify kissing Putin's ass, giving tax cuts to the very rich, tariffs and wanting to destroy Nafta, and last by not least imprisoning children after stealing them from their parents.

44 minutes ago, RayDog said:

It will be fun watching Cruz try to justify kissing Putin's ass, giving tax cuts to the very rich, tariffs and wanting to destroy Nafta, and last by not least imprisoning children after stealing them from their parents.

Dude, that's played out. It happened under the previous admin. I know the pearl clutching is strong with you and your ilk, and it was wrong to do it under the previous admin, and #whataboutism shouldn't apply. I sat in the corpus airport about to fly out to PHX several years ago when I noticed that 90% of the people waiting to board my 737 to a dallas connection were latino/a kids. I approached the counter and asked the lady what was up. She smiled and said that these were illegal kids being taken to dallas for health purposes. 

I smiled back and said "ok" and took my seat. 

It made sense to me at the time. Separate kids from adults because who knows what diseases may be spread from adult to child, and child to adult. Then I realized I was on a 737 with kids that "could" be sick with something I may not be immune to. There's no right way to protect these folks. Only degrees of right. 

Dude, that's played out. It happened under the previous admin. I know the pearl clutching is strong with you and your ilk, and it was wrong to do it under the previous admin, and #whataboutism shouldn't apply. I sat in the corpus airport about to fly out to PHX several years ago when I noticed that 90% of the people waiting to board my 737 to a dallas connection were latino/a kids. I approached the counter and asked the lady what was up. She smiled and said that these were illegal kids being taken to dallas for health purposes. 

It made sense to me at the time. Separate kids from adults because who knows what diseases may be spread from adult to child, and child to adult. Then I realized I was on a 737 with kids that "could" be sick with something I may not be immune to. There's no right way to protect these folks. Only degrees of right. 

If Cruz repeated this gibberish during a debate he would be laughed off the stage.

9 minutes ago, Clob94 said:

We are separating kids from the parents and not telling the parents where they are for months on end “because it’s good for them”. The mental gymnastics required to reach this absurd opinion could only caused by today’s political reality of team politics. No free thinking individual could possible come to this conclusion. But hey, go red team!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Larry T. Spider said:

We are separating kids from the parents and not telling the parents where they are for months on end “because it’s good for them”. The mental gymnastics required to reach this absurd opinion could only caused by today’s political reality of team politics. No free thinking individual could possible come to this conclusion. But hey, go red team!

And this is the part where you look as ignorant as you sound. I've never voted republican in my life. I'm pragmatic and a true constitutionalist. And if you're stupid enough to believe that children were not separated from their parents under the previous administration, then you're willfully ignorant and totally uniformed. 

Again, I won't lower myself to verbal insults, but you are clearly "team blue" instead of "team objective". Continue on with your faux outrage and progressive tripe. You're obviously not a free thinker capable of objectivity. 

• Fuck You 5

And this is the part where you look as ignorant as you sound. I've never voted republican in my life. I'm pragmatic and a true constitutionalist. And if you're stupid enough to believe that children were not separated from their parents under the previous administration, then you're willfully ignorant and totally uniformed. 
Again, I won't lower myself to verbal insults, but you are clearly "team blue" instead of "team objective". Continue on with your faux outrage and progressive tripe. You're obviously not a free thinker capable of objectivity. 

Lol!