Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

14 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

Ted has the numbers advantage, so his strategy is to play it safe. Considering who is registered and who generally shows up to vote, he gets to be his usual, shitty self. The base is all that counts and everyone else can fuck right off. 

Beto knows he only wins by appealing to as many different types of people as possible. Mission accomplished, although his task is still daunting.

Overall, I give Beto the nod, since he gains name recognition just by being on the tube or the radio, and name recognition is what he's still lacking.

Beto is likely going to lose but he has laid out the strategy moving forward. It will take more than one guy and probably more name recognition to really flip a Texas seat but he’s shown how to be competitive 

Beto lost.

He is appealing to disengaged voters in his message but almost none of those voters are watching the debates. He played into Cruz liberal scare story. Beto message works door to door but not in this format. He needs to come across as a moderate and came across as a scary liberal.

I agree with his position but he needs to refute the too liberal for Texas story line in the debates.

Beto scores a lot of style points but lost on message. I don’t get why he is so focused all criminal reform in his message. That isn’t a winning issue for reliable voters.

Beto lost.

He is appealing to disengaged voters in his message but almost none of those voters are watching the debates. He played into Cruz liberal scare story. Beto message works door to door but not in this format. He needs to come across as a moderate and came across as a scary liberal.

I agree with his position but he needs to refute the too liberal for Texas story line in the debates.

Beto scores a lot of style points but lost on message. I don’t get why he is so focused all criminal reform in his message. That isn’t a winning issue for reliable voters.

I don't think you understand his whole campaign. He's talking about criminal justice reform because our criminal justice system is one of the greatest injustices in our history. He doesn't care how it polls. It's important so he's speaking up. Leading. It's that honesty that is whole appeal. He starts putting a moderate gloss or filtering what he thinks, he's done.
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

Beto lost.

Scary liberals are going to run the state someday. Beto is the vanguard of that army.

And he should talk about criminal justice reform. The criminal justice system in this country is a disgrace.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
11 minutes ago, happyfunball said:
Beto lost.

Read more  

I don't think you understand his whole campaign. He's talking about criminal justice reform because our criminal justice system is one of the greatest injustices in our history. He doesn't care how it polls. It's important so he's speaking up. Leading. It's that honesty that is whole appeal. He starts putting a moderate gloss or filtering what he thinks, he's done.

You overestimate the compassion of the reliable Texas voter. Even if cousin Skeeter's in prison for five years, that's alright so long as Tyrone's doin' 20. 

You overestimate the compassion of the reliable Texas voter. Even if cousin Skeeter's in prison for five years, that's alright so long as Tyrone's doin' 20. 
My point is that even if you don't give a shit about criminal justice, it's his honesty that got him where he's at. It's incredibly refreshing and while it's obviously by design, I think it's genuine.

Just now, horncyclist said:
5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

My point is that even if you don't give a shit about criminal justice, it's his honesty that got him where he's at. It's incredibly refreshing and while it's obviously by design, I think it's genuine.

Part of me is thinking these are auditions for 2020 as much as they are for this race. Or *whynotbothgirl

Part of me is thinking these are auditions for 2020 as much as they are for this race. Or *whynotbothgirl
I don't think its what he set out to do but if he loses, he should go straight to Iowa. I don't think he could run after winning because it would betray his whole message and it would be far from a sure thing.

4 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I don't think its what he set out to do but if he loses, he should go straight to Iowa. I don't think he could run after winning because it would betray his whole message and it would be far from a sure thing.

you really think he could run after losing?

50 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=340812919808655&id=223055747744143

Does that work for posting Facebook video? Beto going through Whataburger drive thru post-debatr playing air drums to The Who around 23:00.

When I saw the video was 45:00 minutes, I figured he was in the drive-thru for the entire time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with his position but it is a loser from a voter standpoint.

Disengaged voters aren’t watching the debates so he is only playing to a crowd that isn’t watching.

50 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=340812919808655&id=223055747744143

Does that work for posting Facebook video? Beto going through Whataburger drive thru post-debatr playing air drums to The Who around 23:00.

Jump to 31:30 Beto on healthcare: "How can you not be there for people?" The guy is the genuine article. If anyone can dethrone Cruz, it's him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

The whole production was a bit amateur hour, from the swaying signs to the C market hosts (really Dallas?).

KXAS gonna KXAS. They are a network owned farm A team. To her credit, the KXAS moderator was acceptable even though overmatched. The DMN moderator was horrible and I'm fairly certain he peed in his pants a couple times. Just a squirt or two, but it counts.

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Just bought a t-shirt but really wanted that mug.  It shows up online but not for sale.  

They said the items are only for volunteers (shameless plug - sign up here). I've certainly never seen this design anywhere else but I like it. 

Edited by austingirl

Beto will only get better with each debate. Because his answers aren't canned. He has a real message and real ideas. Cruz has talking points and is still playing the old rules of politics. People are tired of the smear tactics of old. We want ideas. We want action. We don't want lies and diversions. I'm glad beto didn't take the bait, only to the extent to call Ted a liar several times.

And nothing will likely top #TrueToForm

• Like 2

Is the point here that black people need to shut up and take being murdered in their own homes by the cops in stride?  This uppityness cannot stand?  I don't know what else to take from this.  Think about what he must believe of his own voters to post something like this as somehow damning of Beto, and what's really awful, is that he probably has good reason for holding that belief.

• Like 1

I think he's tweeting that because he says that in here, Beto says "the police are the new Jim Crow" (which was one of the things he said before Beto injected that what Cruz was saying was false).  He doesn't have any point as it relates to black people because they are of no use to him.  His point is that the rubes with bandaids over the swoosh on their Nike monarchs should fear what Beto represents and #toughastexas

4 hours ago, Stros said:

Like?
Fast and furious
Benghazi
Obama care
FBI
IRS
social security
Global warming
Welfare

Why is the government always the answer to fixing what’s not broke?

I most make to much money” not really” because my pay check looks like shit after the tax man comes.

Maybe I’m just selfish to want to keep most of my VERY hard earned money,?,?!,?!,?!,,

I should get a government job in DC.

I got mine, fuck all y’all.  

We’re going to take all your guns away too.

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Watched a bit of the debate. They both look like some assholes to me. Cruz the gaper. Beto a little more refined but still full of shit.

It is what it is. Will keep invested in veto through early night returns and look to dump after the urban polls come down.

If only we had a third party!