The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I’ve had friends cross paths with the Stouts.  They are pariahs in their neighborhood. Their neighbors had an HOA sports court.    Stouts had objected but lost.  

When neighbors put house for sale, Stouts put a massive sign in their backyard, visible from street saying “Buyer Beware.  Call [number]”.  Basically interfering with sale because they didn’t like the sports court.  Just total a total dick move.  

That guy seems like a Dumas to me.  I think he’s a pawn.  Stevens is a slick presenter and has a marketing background.  Absolute bullshit that they are injecting politics into a school board and going after Dr Leonard was the breaking point for me.  I’m not a huge Jennifer Champagne fan but I really dislike the alternative.

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

That guy seems like a Dumas to me.  I think he’s a pawn.  Stevens is a slick presenter and has a marketing background.  Absolute bullshit that they are injecting politics into a school board and going after Dr Leonard was the breaking point for me.  I’m not a huge Jennifer Champagne fan but I really dislike the alternative.

They have a curricula for America First, that is the plan.

Also:

Gee, thanks Mr. Former President. That's so very....helpful?

Oh and Joe, get bent--you were an enabler for far too long.

• Rage+1 1

100 million jobs?  Well, 99 million of them are working a single drive-thru shift today at Chick-Fil-A.  Seriously, why do they need 1 guy to greet me, 1 guy to take my order, 1 guy to ask my name, 1 guy to swipe my card, 1 guy to hand me my food, 1 guy to hand me my condiments, and 1 guy to just sort of wave as I drive off with sadness in his heart?  

I'm guessing he meant to say $100mm, but even that sounds like way too much for a 2-day event that even during a non-Covid19 year only draws ~75k fans or so.  Or the even more plausible, he called his new friend in Georgia...Marjorie Taylor Greene and she just threw out a number, "Oh yes Chuck, this is costing us dearly.  Why, my office estimates it'll be at least....(pauses) one hundred million jobs!"  

Edited by Lobo

It's tricky.  If you take the 435 seats, they are supposed to each represent 765,000 Americans.  But the median House District represents 711,000 because of smaller state apportionments, particularly those states with 2 or 3 districts that are still very small states where each Rep. really only covers ~600,000 citizens.  D.C. and Wyoming are both under the national "average" as well as the typical median number.  But yeah, there are literally dozens of House members whose district is less than the population of D.C.

9 minutes ago, mchookem said:

there's like 700K people in DC. 

THE LIES ARE STARTING TO GET TO ME 😡

Woah, are these reps already doing the America First, 3/5ths one drop rule thing? Cause even then, their math is sketch.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Thanks for the explanation, Lobo

48 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Who knew that MLB moving the All-Star game would cause so many job losses.  The mind reels.

Every American city now gets an all star game once a year. Unemployment has just been ended permanently. You're welcome. 

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Odds Q is actually her middle initial?

Her middle name is "Lynn." Her maiden name is "Quast." So, no... "Q" is not her middle initial, but she presents herself in the Internet world as "Kara Q. Bell."

If you listen to her rant when she was cited, she's closer to sovereign citizen than Q. But she had Q-sympathetic posts on her now locked-down Twitter, including "just asking questions" about chemtrails.

Her campaign treasurer is former state rep candidate and "election integrity" activist Jennifer Fleck, and her largest donor is a longtime (and I thought respectable) Republican operative who should know better than to get near this Dumpster fire. The local GQP is basically trying to MacKenzie Kelly our school boards -- put up a woman (always a woman, because Travis County voters will default to a woman's name) in a low-turnout election, encourage "the base" to turn out, and try to win by flooding the polls with motivated voters.

To MacKenzie's credit, she has a decent staff who, so far, has put up decent guardrails to keep her from going too far off the deep end. In Qara's case, the handlers are as nuts as she is. I don't think Qara's candidacy is about winning; I think it's about the donations (which can be funneled to other political groups once the campaign is over), and Fleq having a potential plaintiff to make another Quixotic challenge to Travis County's elections.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lobo said:

100 million jobs?  Well, 99 million of them are working a single drive-thru shift today at Chick-Fil-A.  Seriously, why do they need 1 guy to greet me, 1 guy to take my order, 1 guy to ask my name, 1 guy to swipe my card, 1 guy to hand me my food, 1 guy to hand me my condiments, and 1 guy to just sort of wave as I drive off with sadness in his heart?  

I'm guessing he meant to say $100mm, but even that sounds like way too much for a 2-day event that even during a non-Covid19 year only draws ~75k fans or so.  Or the even more plausible, he called his new friend in Georgia...Marjorie Taylor Greene and she just threw out a number, "Oh yes Chuck, this is costing us dearly.  Why, my office estimates it'll be at least....(pauses) one hundred million jobs!"  

Those people have "jobs" at Chick-Fil-A the same way Scientologists have "jobs". They are indoctrinated slaves working for free. They don't live forever, either. Enjoy that "chicken."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I’ve had friends cross paths with the Stouts.  They are pariahs in their neighborhood. Their neighbors had an HOA sports court.    Stouts had objected but lost.  

When neighbors put house for sale, Stouts put a massive sign in their backyard, visible from street saying “Buyer Beware.  Call [number]”.  Basically interfering with sale because they didn’t like the sports court.  Just total a total dick move.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Appropriate her name is Quast.  Meaning  "a bathhouse fool: in Upper German.  

How do people like this even get to vote, let alone run for elected office?  

46 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's tricky.  If you take the 435 seats, they are supposed to each represent 765,000 Americans.  But the median House District represents 711,000 because of smaller state apportionments, particularly those states with 2 or 3 districts that are still very small states where each Rep. really only covers ~600,000 citizens.  D.C. and Wyoming are both under the national "average" as well as the typical median number.  But yeah, there are literally dozens of House members whose district is less than the population of D.C.

And stupidly, only Congress can raise the # of house reps, versus it being tied to population automatically.  435 is fucking way too low.  

• Like 1

Of course not. 
They're obsessed with children's genitals.  Pure projection that the Dems were the pedophiles. 
This is the new crusade
Pro-life until born or until they need their genitals inspected. 

And in other news Matt Gaetz and Roy Moore have volunteered at the schools across Florida as past of the genitalia task force. In a move of solidarity they stood at attention and offered to help protect the sanctity of sports and fair-play with their new un-paid roles. One source overheard Matt Gaetz exclaim “I used to have to pay for this!”

• Hook 'Em 1

i think a Congressperson in 1960 was more challenged to cover their constituency than they are now, despite their district population being about half of what it is today.  Before the jet era, it was a complete pain in the ass for some member of Congress to manage their D.C. affairs and home district back on the West Coast.  Sure, they're up to 750k+ in a typical district, but between multiple field offices, larger staffs, email, 24/7 phone communication, social media feeds, digital feedback forms on their sites, and abundant jet travel, etc......it's not that hard to represent 750k people.  What makes it hard to represent 750,000 Americans is if you're a fucking asshole who doesn't actually care about those 750,000 Americans.  

Take somebody like Ann Kitchen.  She "only" has 99,000 Constituents in her District.  But she's a corrupt piece of human shit who doesn't give fuck one about her district.  She can reach any point in her district from her City Hall office in under 15 minutes.  Does she use this proximity or technology tools to meet the needs of her district?  No, she stares out the window thinking up ways to be the biggest garbagefuckbag she can be.  

A Missouri House committee has recommended Lee’s Summit Rep. Rick Roeber be expelled from office after finding that he sexually and physically abused his now-adult children when they were young.

Witnesses described to the committee a household terrorized by an alcoholic Roeber who sexually abused two children and physically abused all four, frequently beating the children with a belt, and at one point drowned several puppies.

“The state of Missouri has failed these children over 20 years,” the committee wrote.

Edit:  Trigger warning.  Lots of sickening details in the link.

Missouri House recommends expulsion for Rep. Roeber | The Kansas City Star

Wonder who all he accused of pedophilia?

His defense?  

Testifying in his defense before the Committee, Roeber was “combative, defensive, defiant and at times angry,” according to the report. He called the accusations a “political hit” and said, “all my kids are Democrats.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

His kids should be given a one-time free pass to murder him. 

Can it be called Patricide if the guy was never really a dad to them until the 2016 campaign cycle?  

What about Trumpicide?  Or is that being held as a placeholder for his children/wife that invariably kill themselves for what they sold out to do at his bidding?  

3 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

You can get a pretty effective Trumpicide in the lawn & garden center of your nearest Lowe's.

I was gonna pick some up.  I'm told with some trumpicide and some UV light and disinfectant, you can really make the garden take off this Spring.  Provided you build a wall around it to keep out undocumented gardeners.

So, I don't keep dialed in on state specific local politics, but I know some do. Is Pressler correct here? I mean, you now have people going to be (likely) winning general elections who have zero problem with overturning results if they are told to do so by some rando 'Q' person or Lin Wood or Jim Jordan or whomever because libs are ebil.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, I don't keep dialed in on state specific local politics, but I know some do. Is Pressler correct here? I mean, you now have people going to be (likely) winning general elections who have zero problem with overturning results if they are told to do so by some rando 'Q' person or Lin Wood or Jim Jordan or whomever because libs are ebil.

that's fucking terrifying

• Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Red Six said:

If you listen to her rant when she was cited, she's closer to sovereign citizen than Q. But she had Q-sympathetic posts on her now locked-down Twitter, including "just asking questions" about chemtrails.

That's a part of how the Q shit grew - they latched onto the beliefs of other organizations and tried to lump themselves in with them.

4 hours ago, Red Six said:

The local GQP is basically trying to MacKenzie Kelly our school boards -- put up a woman (always a woman, because Travis County voters will default to a woman's name) in a low-turnout election, encourage "the base" to turn out, and try to win by flooding the polls with motivated voters.

To MacKenzie's credit, she has a decent staff who, so far, has put up decent guardrails to keep her from going too far off the deep end. 

Yeah, I haven't seen fitlump posting any stuff veering towards Q territory, or hangin out with Q believers and posting photos of it on twitter lately.

Makes me wonder if she's being told exactly what to say/do, because she was pretty fucking tone-deaf during her campaign.

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

that's fucking terrifying

At least they are showing the world their asses, and they are no longer keeping the quiet part to themselves and pretending they aren't something that they are.

Make the senior GOP leadership defend these people.  Get them on record.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Makes me wonder if she's being told exactly what to say/do, because she was pretty fucking tone-deaf during her campaign.

Wouldn't be surprised. Just speculating, but it's going to be a mix of outright AF types and ones that are but want to blend.

On Presler, I did not realize that he worked on Abbott's campaign.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

At least they are showing the world their asses, and they are no longer keeping the quiet part to themselves and pretending they aren't something that they are.

Make the senior GOP leadership defend these people.  Get them on record.

They dont give a fuck about the record. They're all just going to fucking retire. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

They dont give a fuck about the record. They're all just going to fucking retire. 

The leadership absolutely cares - these chucklefucks could cost the GOP a shit-ton of corporate money.

If people like Turtle cared only about image, he would have retired years ago.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I haven't seen fitlump posting any stuff veering towards Q territory, or hangin out with Q believers and posting photos of it on twitter lately.

She has a city staff budget so she can hire good handlers. There are still some veteran campaign and Capitol workers hanging around from the Bush and Perry days who know how to run a day-to-day operation.