The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Steve Bannon drafting curriculum for right-wing Catholic institute in Italy

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-eu-politics-bannon-catholics-idUSKCN1LU176

(Reuters) - Former Trump White House adviser Steve Bannon is helping to craft the curriculum for a leadership course at a right-wing Roman Catholic institute in Italy, stepping up his efforts to influence conservative thinking in the church.

Benjamin Harnwell, director of the Dignitatis Humanae Institute based in a mountaintop monastery not far from Rome, told Reuters Bannon had been helping to build up the institute for about half of its eight-year life.

Cardinal Raymond Burke, a leading Vatican conservative who is president of the Institute's board of advisers, said Bannon would be playing a leading role there.

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, he’s a weird combination of ideologue and strategist.  He’s a morally bankrupt POS and his ideas are terrible but he is interesting.

With Bannon I think he fully believes his batshit crazy ethos.  Most of the others are just grifters who know they are conning people.  Bannon seems fully invested.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

We are going to find out that Gorsuch is worse than Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh is just some frat boy douche that somehow ended up on the Supreme Court. Gorsuch is Mike Pence. 

Gorsuch was the one who ruled that trucker was at fault for leaving his broken down truck in freezing temperatures, he's probably something like the dentist in Little Shop of Horrors.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/23/in-a-case-of-a-truckers-life-vs-his-cargo-judge-neil-gorsuch-ruled-for-the-cargo/

6 hours ago, shnsajax said:

another link

The U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday it had charged the chairman of the North Carolina Republican Party, Robert "Robin" Hayes, and a major political donor in a corruption scheme that targeted a state official.

According to an indictment unsealed on Tuesday, Hayes worked with business executive Greg Lindberg to bribe state insurance commissioner Mike Causey. Causey reported the effort to law enforcement officials and cooperated in the investigation, authorities say.

The two men, along with insurance executives John Gray, 68, and John Palermo, 63, were charged with bribery and conspiracy to commit honest services wire fraud. Hayes is also charged with lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. 

According to the indictment, the four men promised to spend millions of dollars on Causey's re-election if he would remove an insurance regulator that oversaw companies under Lindberg's control.

They said they would set up independent campaign committees that would spend $1.5 million on Causey's re-election bid and funnel another $250,000 through the state Republican party.

Hayes encouraged the others to transfer the money in smaller amounts to avoid detection, the indictment said. "My concern, any large amount like that's gonna draw attention," he said, according to the charges.

The party has suffered a series of setbacks after several years in which it controlled the state government, pushing through spending cuts, voting restrictions, and other conservative policies.

An absentee ballot fraud scheme run by a party operative has forced the rerun of a 2018 U.S. congressional election, and a federal court ruled last year that state Republicans illegally drew U.S. congressional districts to benefit their party.

So much corruption. Can't wait to see how North Carolina shakes out when the lines get redrawn.  My guess is it goes blue, which is kind of a big deal.  

Edited by Mdhorn

I mean really?!?? This is getting beyond satirical.

Taylor bought CBI in 2003 alongside his business partner Boris Bolshakov, a former KGB agent and Supreme Soviet deputy who is listed as the bank’s second-largest shareholder.

In 2003, two of Taylor’s political associates testified that the congressman knew about fraudulent loans made by Asheville-based Blue Ridge Savings Bank, which he owned at the time, to a political supporter. Taylor denied any knowledge of the loans.

During his time in congress, Taylor was a strident backer of student exchange programs with Russia. When Democrat Heath Shuler defeated Taylor in the 2006 election, his campaign said Taylor’s Russian ties were a distraction from working for North Carolina voters.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Roger Stone trashes Barbara Bush:

She had a ‘countdown clock’ for @realdonaldtrump presidency?” Stone continued. “Well she’s dead and he’s president — who won that one?”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/04/roger-stone-doubles-trumps-barbara-bush-bashing-vile-instagram-post-shes-dead-hes-president/

^

Stone, who currently faces federal charges for obstruction, false statements, and witness tampering in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, has taken potshots at Bush before. Last year, Stone proclaimed that Bush “drank so much booze, if they cremated her … her body would burn for days!” That comment got him disinvited to an annual dinner function by the Okaloosa Republican Executive Committee.

4 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Okay, ill informed question.

What is the deadline for Republicans who want to run against Trump?  If anyone sane person runs against him (Weld,etc.) I'm just as likely to vote in the Repub. primary as the Dem.

But I don't know if anyone will do so. 

The RNC and the Trump reelection campaign are now a single entity. I'm betting he won't get any primary challengers. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/trump-machine-swallows-rnc-1067875

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The RNC and the Trump reelection campaign are now a single entity. I'm betting he won't get any primary challengers. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/trump-machine-swallows-rnc-1067875

You know what would be amazing?  If there was a single Republican candidate for major national office who possessed an ounce of integrity and backbone.  Instead they lurch forward, making decisions dictated by their own perceived short-term personal gain.

I hope I live to see the day that future GOP disavows current GOP. 

21 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

You know what would be amazing?  If there was a single Republican candidate for major national office who possessed an ounce of integrity and backbone.  Instead they lurch forward, making decisions dictated by their own perceived short-term personal gain.

I hope I live to see the day that future GOP disavows current GOP. 

I would love to read the mind of just one R in Wash DC. I'll bet even the back benchers get wind of plenty of the corruption at the elite levels. Imagine seeing everything in McConnell's mind.

Edited by retread

35 minutes ago, retread said:

I would love to read the mind of just one R in Wash DC. I'll bet even the back benchers get wind of plenty of the corruption at the elite levels. Imagine seeing everything in McConnell's mind.

I can only imagine it'd be something like a Phlegm post but with dollar signs shopped in.

• Like 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult