The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) is once again very disappointed. Amid calls for action to stop gun violence and mass shootings, she told right-wing radio host Hugh Hewitt on Wednesday that it is “extremely disappointing” that Americans want action now.

“Surely this is the time when we could put aside politics and come together and our leaders could act as one to give our condolences to the victims’ families. And it’s just, it’s extremely disappointing,” she complained in the interview, posted by the progressive research group American Bridge 21st Century. “There are times for political debate, but this is not one of them.”

https://thinkprogress.org/susan-collins-extremely-disappointing-people-want-action-reduce-gun-violence-3846f19a503f/

Edited by retread

12 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

BBC Dad dropping knowledge. Sums it up perfectly.

spacer.png

This is true and we’ve been saying all this repeatedly but another story along similar lines is what the Trump administration has exposed about the democrats and their corruption to the corporate/donor class.  

The democrats were handed power by the voters in November.  They were also handed a bag of smoking guns, each easily impeachable offenses by non-partisan investigators backed with facts, testimony, and legal analysis.  They have decided to look the other way in the name of political expediency.  They are operating on the timeline of their corporate supporters.  They have betrayed the public’s trust as well.  Dennison will come in here and say that’s politics.  I guess letting your community get traumatized by mass murdering white supremacists fueled by the President’s hate is just politics too. 

I’m not trying to make a false equivalency here.  The GOP is evil.  The democrats are far less evil but the Trump administration has pulled the masks off both parties and shown us exactly who they are.  

• Like 2

What's happening in Texas right now?

Watching the Texas GOP get what it deserves for pandering to the MQS crowd is fun. I doubt the McCaul thing is true but if it is I'd be elated. Fuck that guy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

But of course they are.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2019/08/08/florida-republican-party-to-hold-voter-registration-at-gun-show-one-week-after-mass-shootings/

The Republican Party of Florida is planning to hold two voter registration drives at a South Florida gun show one week after two mass shootings ended with 31 people dead in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio.

The party’s regional field director emailed supporters Thursday asking for volunteers to help register voters at the Pembroke Pines gun show that will take place Saturday and Sunday.

“This is a great opportunity to engage the community and promote the values that make this country strong, prosperous, safe and great!” the email said.

The timing of the Pembroke Pines gun show has already drawn concerns from local residents, who have called the event insensitive to last weekend’s gun violence. City commissioners said they don’t want to host the gun show, but they already signed a contract to hold it at a city-owned venue, according to WFOR in Miami.

Pembroke Pines is also just a half hour away from Parkland, where a shooter killed 17 students and staff at local high school in February 2018.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

GOP is spending a ton in Texas on registration efforts.  Turnout is clearly the game this year.  Both sides know persuasion isn’t going to happen.  GOP seems to be mobilizing better. 

On what basis do you conclude that? Texas Freedom Network (my new org) has added multiple personnel and Texas Rising is growing from 20 to 30 college campuses. I’m hearing growth in funding and efforts across the board. Even HRC which has ignored Texas for years (despite Texas gays giving tons of money) has gone from zero to 3 full time staffers to augment 70 dedicated volunteer leaders, which in politics is a big deal. Voter registration is available at many events. Those are the two organizations I’m involved with and registration is a main focus. National democratic orgs are involved as well as some others like PP, battleground Texas, etc. and that’s not to mention the Democratic Party. I’m not so sure the republicans are doing better.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pancho said:

This and so many of the chaos-inducing moves of this admin are still so completely Bannonesque.  It makes me feel like whatever Bannon's endgame is, is still firmly in place. Is it just oligarchy/plutocracy, or something even more sinister with regard to completely gutting the basic protections that keep total collapse of a functioning economy and population at bay? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, troph said:

On what basis do you conclude that? Texas Freedom Network (my new org) has added multiple personnel and Texas Rising is growing from 20 to 30 college campuses. I’m hearing growth in funding and efforts across the board. Even HRC which has ignored Texas for years (despite Texas gays giving tons of money) has gone from zero to 3 full time staffers to augment 70 dedicated volunteer leaders, which in politics is a big deal. Voter registration is available at many events. Those are the two organizations I’m involved with and registration is a main focus. National democratic orgs are involved as well as some others like PP, battleground Texas, etc. and that’s not to mention the Democratic Party. I’m not so sure the republicans are doing better.   

Stuff like this 

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/31/engage-texas-raises-nearly-10-million-register-new-republican-voters/

their first federal report shows $10mm toward Texas voter reg

I don’t have time to dive deep but there are blurbs like this for Dems our there ...

Since 2010, the DLCC has seen a huge increase in donations and volunteers eager to get involved in other ways, he said. In 2016, the group spent $16 million on state legislative races. That amount doubled in 2018. For 2020, it is expecting to spend $50 million.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d2774d7e4b0bd7d1e1937a6/amp

and foundation grants for GOTV are way up too and while that’s c3 money you can tell who is being targeted pretty easily, for example our budget has increased dramatically bc of grant money. 

I think Texas is the prize and everyone is dumping money here this cycle. 

Also this:

Three times as many Democrats have already filed to run for Congress in Texas this year as in 2012 or 2016, yet another sign that Texas will be more of a battleground for the two major political parties in 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/news/politics/texas/amp/Surge-of-Democratic-candidates-file-to-run-for-14089875.php

a lot more battles to be fought with better candidates for the Dems coming out of the primaries. 

But you could be right, they may be doing more right now nationally and in Texas. I don’t know much outside the few groups I work with so my knowledge is very limited and certainly narrowly focused at times.

So after Trump tweeted out about keeping guns away from the mentally ill and deranged as he called them, I browsed a bunch of sites, and a whole shitload of so-called Republicans have decided they will bail on him in 2020 if he signs such a bill.

Congrats guys, you are going to help elect President Biden or President Warren.  Start stockpiling lube and exercising your anus, because you haven't seen anything yet.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So after Trump tweeted out about keeping guns away from the mentally ill and deranged as he called them, I browsed a bunch of sites, and a whole shitload of so-called Republicans have decided they will bail on him in 2020 if he signs such a bill.

Congrats guys, you are going to help elect President Biden or President Warren.  Start stockpiling lube and exercising your anus, because you haven't seen anything yet.

Those dudes are straight up lying. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

This is a really weird way to try and get into the movie biz.  Call me crazy, but I think she probably has the money and connections to make that move if she wants, without blowing anyone.  Kid Rock must be talking from personal experience.

44 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Those dudes are straight up lying. 

Some of those are so wrapped up in MUH GUNS that I could see them staying home.  They should belong to a political party called "2A Over All".

Or they are afraid they will be red-flagged and lose access to their precious.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some of those are so wrapped up in MUH GUNS that I could see them staying home.  They should belong to a political party called "2A Over All".

Or they are afraid they will be red-flagged and lose access to their precious.

I’m going to channel my inner Hugo here.

I would not be surprised if many of those posters were not in fact Russian trolls. Nothing sets the trolls off more than guns in America and no organization in America has been infiltrated by the Russians more than the NRA money wise and the politicians caught in their web. 

Helping Cheeto get elected in '16 was cool for Putin. If he can repeat that in '20, then the USA is pretty much over. I really wonder how many Russians and how much $ is being poured into efforts to disrupt our election. It would probably be mindboggling to find out that number.

25 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m going to channel my inner Hugo here.

I would not be surprised if many of those posters were not in fact Russian trolls. Nothing sets the trolls off more than guns in America and no organization in America has been infiltrated by the Russians more than the NRA money wise and the politicians caught in their web. 

They’re not Russians trolls.  They’re Americans that have been radicalized on guns by Russian trolls over the years...going way back in the Obama Administration.

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is a really weird way to try and get into the movie biz.  Call me crazy, but I think she probably has the money and connections to make that move if she wants, without blowing anyone.  Kid Rock must be talking from personal experience.

Taylor Swift could take the proceeds from one single, buy Kid Rock's entire catalog, and burn the masters in an empty pool. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And Taylor has already been in a movie - that horrible new update of “CATS”.

And Robert James Ritchie is about to learn the hard way not to come for Taylor Swift. If he thinks democrats and liberals give him a hard time online wait till The Swifties get all up in his ass.

That’s a bunch of aggressive bitches and they’ve got time and energy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And Taylor has already been in a movie - that horrible new update of “CATS”.

And Robert James Ritchie is about to learn the hard way not to come for Taylor Swift. If he thinks democrats and liberals give him a hard time online wait till The Swifties get all up in his ass.

That’s a bunch of aggressive bitches and they’ve got time and energy.

and the ever present diss track

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult