The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Kid Rock was a product of the late 90's/early 2000's nu-metal/rap-rock era -- arguably the worst and most embarrassing years of rock history headlined by Creed and Limp Bizkit.  He had a couple of popular singles almost two decades ago.  Why I keep hearing his name as if he's relevant I can't figure out.

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

OK, but Devil Without a Cause is still a fucking great album.

Fair enough.  Didn't own it and only heard the singles on the radio.  I'm painting with a pretty broad brush here.

49 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rage Against the Machine was worth the embarrassment of all the other clowns. 

Yeah, they are good.  Again, I'm painting with the broadest of brushes.  I'm talking more about Puddle of Mud, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback, etc. and the bands I remember always being on the radio at the time.  Those were my high school/college years so it was supposed to be my generation's music, but I remember thinking at the time how our music for the most part wasn't as good as everything that came before and every band seemed like they were full of douchebags.  

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Puddle of Mud, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback, etc. 

These guys were trash and on the back end of that movement in music basically grifting off the bands that made that genre. 

Earlier groups like Faith no More, Rage Against the Machine, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Korn were the trailblazers in the 90s hard rock/rap amalgamation.

How is posting public information, on the net, doxing someone? And why is the Republican Party treating the supposed doxing of their own public contributors a mark of shame? 

Frankly keeping up with the complete idiocy of the current state of the Republican Party is exhausting. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

How is posting public information, on the net, doxing someone? And why is the Republican Party treating the supposed doxing of their own public contributors a mark of shame? 

Frankly keeping up with the complete idiocy of the current state of the Republican Party is exhausting. 

I think it was Bamachick(?) who pointed out that those same folks had no shame in doxxing the abortion providers and then some of the anti vaxxers have gone after doctors who have spoken out for vaccines. Neo-nazis dox protesters and just about anyone with whom they disagree. While the donor list is public information and knowledge, IMO it is the action taken beyond that which determines who you are and what you stand for. Choosing not to eat BBQ versus stalking and threatening someone.

(I think there is a grammar fail in there somewhere, but I'm feeling hot and tired and not gonna deal with it.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Kid Rock was a product of the late 90's/early 2000's nu-metal/rap-rock era -- arguably the worst and most embarrassing years of rock history headlined by Creed and Limp Bizkit.  He had a couple of popular singles almost two decades ago.  Why I keep hearing his name as if he's relevant I can't figure out.

Study Links Drinking While Pregnant To Being At Kid Rock Concert

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Here’s the GOP healthcare plan:

Unrelated, but along a similar vein.

89 year old aunt recently had a medical issue.  My parents arrived at the hospital after the ambulance had taken her in.  While in emergency room, a nurse/office type pulled my parents aside and told them she had a $90 co-pay.

Mom asked why, because she had Medicare.  Found out, my aunt has Humana for insurance now......that no one else was aware of.

Once aunt was talking and coherent, my mom asked her what was up.  Seems a year ago or so, aunt was at grocery store.  Someone had setup a table inside selling Humana Insurance.  The person at the table stopped my aunt, began talking to her and told her that Obamacare/Medicare/the government was going bankrupt and could no longer provide health insurance.  So, she signed up on the spot (mom still does not know what the monthly premium is).  Because of this, aunt no longer has Medicare.

Mom was talking with one of the doctors, and doctor's father did the same thing---stopped at a store where someone was peddling insurance, bought the story that the end was near, and signed up.  Doctor said this is one of the current aggressive selling points of some health insurance companies towards the elderly---sign up today, because tomorrow there is no more Medicare.

Mom contacted Humana, but of course, there's nothing they will do.  The good news is that on October 15, she can get off of Humana for good.  Oh, and the Humana insurance is an absolute shit policy.  

And yep, aunt is going to be fine.  There's just a special place in hell for those who scam the elderly with fear tactics.  

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Unrelated, but along a similar vein.

89 year old aunt recently had a medical issue.  My parents arrived at the hospital after the ambulance had taken her in.  While in emergency room, a nurse/office type pulled my parents aside and told them she had a $90 co-pay.

Mom asked why, because she had Medicare.  Found out, my aunt has Humana for insurance now......that no one else was aware of.

Once aunt was talking and coherent, my mom asked her what was up.  Seems a year ago or so, aunt was at grocery store.  Someone had setup a table inside selling Humana Insurance.  The person at the table stopped my aunt, began talking to her and told her that Obamacare/Medicare/the government was going bankrupt and could no longer provide health insurance.  So, she signed up on the spot (mom still does not know what the monthly premium is).  Because of this, aunt no longer has Medicare.

Mom was talking with one of the doctors, and doctor's father did the same thing---stopped at a store where someone was peddling insurance, bought the story that the end was near, and signed up.  Doctor said this is one of the current aggressive selling points of some health insurance companies towards the elderly---sign up today, because tomorrow there is no more Medicare.

Mom contacted Humana, but of course, there's nothing they will do.  The good news is that on October 15, she can get off of Humana for good.  Oh, and the Humana insurance is an absolute shit policy.  

And yep, aunt is going to be fine.  There's just a special place in hell for those who scam the elderly with fear tactics.  

Medicare has a copay for ER visits. Medicare supplement plans help with that. Are you sure she didn't sign up for Medicare Advantage?

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Medicare has a copay for ER visits. Medicare supplement plans help with that. Are you sure she didn't sign up for Medicare Advantage?

I'm just the messenger here, but according to mom (and what the emergency room folks told her) Medicare was not even an option here.  

13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Updating.  Spoke to mom; aunt already had one insurance policy as a Medicare supplement (forget the name).  The Humana was added, and because she had a Medicare supplement already, the Humana completely replaced her Medicare.  

So, Aunt has two health insurance policies (a primary and a supplemental) and is eligible for Medicare---but Medicare is out of the picture because she has a primary insurance policy now that she never needed in the first place, thanks to scare tactics.

56 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Cornyn defending this picture.

f84a2e250b75221069b3d66d02a76e73.jpg

“I was there.”

Sums up the Republicans pretty well.

Can someone just punch John Cornyn in his glass chin and get it over with? Fuck that geriatric Gerry Cooney assclown. 

Edited by UpperWestside

11 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Updating.  Spoke to mom; aunt already had one insurance policy as a Medicare supplement (forget the name).  The Humana was added, and because she had a Medicare supplement already, the Humana completely replaced her Medicare.  

So, Aunt has two health insurance policies (a primary and a supplemental) and is eligible for Medicare---but Medicare is out of the picture because she has a primary insurance policy now that she never needed in the first place, thanks to scare tactics.

I believe Medicare advantage plans have premiums so if you stop making premium payments, they will drop you after a few months. I don’t know if they would drop you because you take another plan. Not even entirely sure if would be aware of it.

no offense but I wouldn’t just take the ER billing clerk’s word about her coverage.  They also prefer humana to pick up the tab not Medicare.  More $$$.  Someone should call all of these plans customer service lines to get to the bottom of it.

always a good reminder to speak to the elderly people in your life to talk to others before they make major decisions.  Perhaps even have a family member monitor bank accounts and look for new spending or dropped spending.  

On 8/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, JimmyJames said:

This coming from the party that spread antisemitic conspiracy theories about George Soros.  Then they complain that posting completely factual information about donors is wrong.  

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult