Show Me a Loss

Vic Mackey

I'm on Team Vic.  Herman didn't have this team ready at the start of the season, but we just beat the second best team on our entire schedule and we seem to be improving every week.  Our win against TCU looked better than OSU's.  We've also played OU close every year since Mack left.  If we beat them two weeks from now, it may be time to start making playoff arrangements.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm on Team Vic.  Herman didn't have this team ready at the start of the season, but we just beat the second best team on our entire schedule and we seem to be improving every week.  Our win against TCU looked better than OSU's.  We've also played OU close every year since Mack left.  If we beat them two weeks from now, it may be time to start making playoff arrangements.  

everyone is on team Vic.  where we are busting his balls is the effort/drunk post.   

1 minute ago, SDG said:

everyone is on team Vic.  where we are busting his balls is the effort/drunk post.   

To be honest, I have not had a drop of alcohol today. I was just high off that win against Patterson's sweaty fat ass. And we finally resembled a real football team for the first time in a long time. Probably will pour up a few glasses of whisky tonight, though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

To be honest, I have not had a drop of alcohol today. I was just high off that win against Patterson's sweaty fat ass. And we finally resembled a real football team for the first time in a long time. Probably will pour up a few glasses of whisky tonight, though!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Strange how shit works out. If Texas wins out, the playoff committee would look at that Maryland loss and use it against Texas to put the loser of the SEC (which is looking to be Al and Ga) championship game in. Because you know, SEC and all that. Which would be frustrating as hell.

5 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Strange how shit works out. If Texas wins out, the playoff committee would look at that Maryland loss and use it against Texas to put the loser of the SEC (which is looking to be Al and Ga) championship game in. Because you know, SEC and all that. Which would be frustrating as hell.

You may be right, but Maryland did kick the shit outta Minnesota, so maybe they aint all that bad.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hamttx said:

I disagree.  If we win out which I'm not saying we will but if we do Texas will get a playoff berth.  At the end of the day college football is still all about money and Texas will fill the fuck out of the stands.  And Texas will blow the playoff committee to the ground if they get locked out. 

Edited by FartingMonk

49 minutes ago, Xian said:

If actually more worried about “trap” games like KSU now than teams like ou and wvu.  

I guess that is an improvement?  Lol

Yeah I'm glad we finally get to see those "big games that Herman gets his teams up for" but you still can't help but wonder Maryland. I'm about to adopt @Hagbard Celine mindset and say we're 3-9 until we aren't. 

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Yeah I'm glad we finally get to see those "big games that Herman gets his teams up for" but you still can't help but wonder Maryland. I'm about to adopt @Hagbard Celine mindset and say we're 3-9 until we aren't. 

This is a weak mindset. We are not a 3-9 team and not even close.

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

This is a weak mindset. We are not a 3-9 team and not even close.

Vic, I'm not predicting 3-9.  I'm saying that until proven otherwise, every game is a loss until we prove it isn't, by, you know, actually winning it.

Parcells.

The progress and achievement of the past 2 saturdays is being used to project "playoffs" which is just insane given our results since the hit on colt.

It is the opposite of a weak mindset.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Vic, I'm not predicting 3-9.  I'm saying that until proven otherwise, every game is a loss until we prove it isn't, by, you know, actually winning it.

Parcells.

The progress and achievement of the past 2 saturdays is being used to project "playoffs" which is just insane given our results since the hit on colt.

It is the opposite of a weak mindset.

I am talking from a fan's perspective. We are not preparing for these games during the week. As a fan, you should not think every single game is a loss.

You honestly think the Baylor and Kansas games are losses right now?

I think I’m kind of with hagbard on this. Team is clearly getting better but I need to see it sustained for a while to start giving the benefit of the doubt. We’ve been beaten down as fans for quite a while now.

The trend appears to finally be pointed in the right direction though. Which is really the first time that’s been the case since 2009. And frankly it’s awesome to see.

4 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

I disagree.  If we win out which I'm not saying we will but if we do Texas will get a playoff berth.  At the end of the day college football is still all about money and Texas will fill the fuck out of the stands.  And Texas will blow the playoff committee to the ground if they get locked out. 

We know how seasons go, but if the nearly impossible happened and every other team won every game they are supposed to win at this point forward (Consider UT wins out and finishes 12-1) then you would have 

Bama undefeated

stanford or Domer undefeated

tOSU undefeated

Clemson undefeated

UGA with 1 loss

Worse would be UGA undefeated and Bama 1 loss, or worse still Bama/UGA/LSU all 1 loss LSU>Bama, UGA>LSU, LSU>UGA ccg 

tOSU undefeated or 1 loss con. champ gets in this year

clemson undefeated gets in this year. We might go over them with 1 loss depending on who and when

Stanford or Domer undefeated gets in.  We probably go over 1 loss Stanford, maybe not 1 loss Domer  

SEC gets at least 1 in   

Whole lot of football left to go and there will almost certainly be shakeups, but above are the keys to getting in if we managed to go 12-1