Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

2 hours ago, futureman said:

this really cuts deep.

Maybe Lil'Jordan could join Mike White at a Dallas Home Depot in a couple of weeks? 

Seriously, if any of you see Lil'Jordan working at Home Depot let me know which one. I'm going to need some lumber and it would be an honor to have it cut by the great Lil'Jordan Humphrey.  

LJH only caught 4 passes in the entire preseason (I believe out of only 4 targets) and yet...

He led the team in receiving yards in 2 of their 4 games.

I wouldn't mind him working his ass off and making it into the league some day. He's arguably my favorite player to watch since Vince.

*I was out of the country for Jamaal Charles' 3rd & last season.

4 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I think he's going to make it. Saints ended up cutting Cyril Grayson Jr which I think who was competing with LJH for the last spot. 

Are you talking Practice Squad?

Or actual 53-man roster?

*NOTE: I don't think that there's anyway he ends up on a 53-man roster to start the season.

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

LJH only caught 4 passes in the entire preseason (I believe out of only 4 targets) and yet...

He led the team in receiving yards in 2 of their 4 games.

I wouldn't mind him working his ass off and making it into the league some day. He's arguably my favorite player to watch since Vince.

*I was out of the country for Jamaal Charles' 3rd & last season.

Invading Russia again?

Edited by Armybrat

16 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

They must be willing to bet he shows up on game day.  To be honest it is low risk for them.  See how it works out in a real game and if nothing doing let him go.

17 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

They must be willing to bet he shows up on game day.  To be honest it is low risk for them.  See how it works out in a real game and if nothing doing let him go.

I’m still a little surprised.  not an agent but I think if you’re on the 53 to start the year you get paid for the whole year.  a lot of players get cut and then brought back to be paid on a week-to-week basis.  I believe the cowboys are considering this with alfred morris.  for LJ to make the initial 53 would imply that they have quite a bit of faith in him. 

• Like 2

I don't know if LJH would have topped last season if he had stayed.  We had to find a place for him since Collin had X locked up and it made sense to move him to slot after RHM left the team with no one behind him.  I think this year's line up is going to be better and more traditional to what Herman wants.  In our offense, the H is going to get fed the ball.  Duv and Jake Smith are much better fits for what this offense wants to be.  Add Eagles insane speed for his size at Z and it's going to open this offense up when defenses will need to put an extra defender in the box to account for Sam and our running game.  With LJH's practice habits, off field habits, and him not being a complete culture fit with regards to what Herman wants from his leaders, I think it was a good move for him (until he decided to completely tank at the combine) and Texas.  I hope he still makes it in the league. He had a great season for us and made some great plays when we needed it most.  

Edited by victory88
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I’m still a little surprised.  not an agent but I think if you’re on the 53 to start the year you get paid for the whole year.  a lot of players get cut and then brought back to be paid on a week-to-week basis.  I believe the cowboys are considering this with alfred morris.  for LJ to make the initial 53 would imply that they have quite a bit of faith in him. 

I believe next Tuesday is the cutoff date to qualify for a full year's salary. SO if I were LJH I wouldn't go buying anything yet. Dudes routinely get cut between now and Tuesday as veterans or guys in higher demand get cut from other teams. 

I believe next Tuesday is the cutoff date to qualify for a full year's salary. SO if I were LJH I wouldn't go buying anything yet. Dudes routinely get cut between now and Tuesday as veterans or guys in higher demand get cut from other teams. 
Not sure about for pay, but cuts to 53 have to be done by 4pm Saturday. They've cut 3 WR so far.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

He's pretty much a lock right? 

For the practice squad?  He’s been targeted four times in preseason and only played late in all games, he did catch all four though.  I hope he does but his use and words out of camp say otherwise but who knows...    

Edited by Hook1997

20 minutes ago, Modessit said:
4 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not sure about for pay, but cuts to 53 have to be done by 4pm Saturday. They've cut 3 WR so far.

Yeah after those cuts are made to get to 53 some teams will hunt for veterans or promising young players who were cut for whatever reason. The 3 days between Saturday and Tuesday are hectic for players like LJH.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

28 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Hopefully he makes the practice squad and gets his 80k or whatever this year. The hard part will be staying out of trouble in New Orleans this year.

How much trouble could he possibly get into in New Orl... Oh wait. Yeah.

Shit. Maybe he needs to be in Buffalo 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Especially when you have a poor work ethic.

he looked great on the field dude. Every catch was over 15 yards. Talent on the field is the ultimate test. NO was just too loaded at WR.

Plus he's a tad slow which has nothing to do with work ethic.

17 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

They kept a 5'6" guy from div2 school assumption college instead.  Wow.

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

he looked great on the field dude. Every catch was over 15 yards. Talent on the field is the ultimate test. NO was just too loaded at WR.

Plus he's a tad slow which has nothing to do with work ethic.

Uh-huh.