Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's gotta be it for him in NO. If he can't show off in a game, he's pretty much toast.

About 15 to 20 people were targeted too. There were so many names that at first I thought that I had gone past the Receiving stats and was scrolling through the Defensive stats. 

This bums me out. I hope that he finds a practice squad that will give him a look. 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

About 15 to 20 people were targeted too. There were so many names that at first I thought that I had gone past the Receiving stats and was scrolling through the Defensive stats. 

This bums me out. I hope that he finds a practice squad that will give him a look. 

He's got to find one, right? I mean we can joke about how dumb all these scouts are but they've definitely at least seen the Sugar Bowl and know he can really fucking test their CBs when motivated, right?

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Maybe teams let him sweat it out for a few weeks/ months/ the season and see how he responds.

He’s the WR version of D’Onta, a gamer who loves weed but not practice. If you don’t work your ass off between games, then you won’t be around for the games. 

Where are you getting that on D’onta? I don’t recall him ever failing a drug test.

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

[Super sunshine pumper]: maybe he already secured his roster spot and Payton didn’t play him because they are deciding among the others who would get the last WR/ST spot?

That's not how Payton operates. LJH isn't going to make the team. He might not even make the PS at this point. It might be better for him to not make the Saints PS so that some other team who has more need at WR can pick him up and stash them on their PS. Because I think to steal someone off of another team's PS, you have to put them on the active roster, right? He has a much better chance of getting in-season opportunity on someone else's practice squad than the Saints'.

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yeah well. Fuck the 'aints. LJH will catch on in the NFL elsewhere. 

He might could find an opportunity with the Texans when they get desperate after getting that ass beat in week 1. Maybe he can play RB.

Edited by BradInATX

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

That's not how Payton operates. LJH isn't going to make the team. He might not even make the PS at this point. It might be better for him to not make the Saints PS so that some other team who has more need at WR can pick him up and stash them on their PS. Because I think to steal someone off of another team's PS, you have to put them on the active roster, right? He has a much better chance of getting in-season opportunity on someone else's practice squad than the Saints'.

Makes sense.  If you're trying to get him on the PS, he needs to clear waivers first right?  If that's the case you don't want any tape of him that might make another team think of signing him to a FA contract.

6 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Makes sense.  If you're trying to get him on the PS, he needs to clear waivers first right?  If that's the case you don't want any tape of him that might make another team think of signing him to a FA contract.

I'm not sure if you have to clear waivers or not. But there's been nothing out of practice on LJH except reports on a few drops, so if he's impressed, it's been in private sessions in Payton's backyard or something. The Saints traditionally haven't done sneaky things like that. When the coaches are high on someone in camp, it's usually pretty apparent. At this point I'm hoping he ends up someone else's PS, I think. Seems like his best path to opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I went to look for news last night and found an article after last week's game of a Payton interview when he was asked about LJH not getting separation and poor practice vs decent game play. I don't think he's going to play anymore for the Saints.

Last question, around 6:20

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/news/transcript-coach-sean-payton-training-camp-media-availability-8-12-19