2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

So what situations does the NCAA typically grant waivers to play immediately for?  Just curious what the precedent is since this is the new way now.

OU got a Fresno State wideout an exemption due to allergies.  Apparently, Norman is very hypoallergenic.  The same WR who was quoted by an ESPN writer that he was transferring due to a coaching change.

To be fair, the NCAA denied DGB's waiver OU tried to get when Missouri kicked him out for tossing his girl down a flight of stairs.

10 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If Fields and Tathan get their waivers, we might as well scrap the rule to sit out a year.

Folks speculating on reasons why a college coach might leave for NFL....... #1 Reason is Recruiting

If  NCAA scraps 1 year sit out rule for undergrad transfers, this will frustrate some of better college coaches..... they may eventually jump to NFL.  

Edited by LTtxfan

19 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Folks speculating on reasons why a college coach might leave for NFL....... #1 Reason is Recruiting

If  NCAA scraps 1 year sit out rule for undergrad transfers, this will frustrate some of better college coaches..... they may eventually jump to NFL.   

With all the changes in college football, it makes a semi-pro league more and more likely. No one wants it - the NFL, the NCAA, and the fans would be against it. However, the farce of amateurism is eventually going to be too difficult to ignore.

37 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If Fields and Tathan get their waivers, we might as well scrap the rule to sit out a year.

Which would lead to utter insanity. Think about all the kids on UT who have been rumored to consider transferring and that’s with the idea they’d have to sit out a year. If kids can just transfer every year with no sitting, college football becomes a madhouse.

The NCAA really is going to ruin the sport.

11 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

For the love of God, can we find a way to get these guys to stop using the "I'm taking my talents to..." line?! It was lame when Lebron said it, and it gets lamer every time someone repeats it.  

CFB has definitely crossed an inflection point in its progress toward being a mercenary sport. I wonder how much people will care about it in 10 years if this doesn't somehow slow. There is already a very popular professional football league in America, and it seems to suck all the air out of the room. I don't see a lot of fan demand for a true lesser pro league. FBS may evolve itself right out of its lucrative niche. Or maybe it will achieve what the XFL could not. Like Niels Bohr said: predictions are difficult, especially when they involve the future.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:16 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

Hurts is not going to fucking ou. Why do they insist that he "might"? He's either going to Maryland or Miami. OU is an afterthought.

It must be exhausting being right all the time.

54 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Jalen Hurts does not worry me in the least lol. 

Considering the source I now assume Hurts will put up one of the top 3 QB seasons in OU history. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Which would lead to utter insanity. Think about all the kids on UT who have been rumored to consider transferring and that’s with the idea they’d have to sit out a year. If kids can just transfer every year with no sitting, college football becomes a madhouse.

All of this.  I will lose my shit if fields can claim racism and get a waiver. Not sure how martell can pull it off to start right away. 

Also, our coach needs to scour that portal and play the game. Not necessarily for QB but all the others. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Name the last bad QB at OU?

Rhett Bomar? was tha 10 years ago?

Landry Jones, IMO. I'm sure lots of folks will argue that point, but he was pedestrian.

Blake Bell started for a year, didn't he? Trevor Knight sucked balls at OU.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

THIS!

1) Fields is complaining that one instance was upsetting (not that he even heard the instance) and the person who used the derogatory word was dealt with immediately, even though he was using the derogatory word in support of putting Fields into the game.

2) Tathan "Tate" Martell would have had the exact same offensive coach(es) that he had all year and the coaching setup is the same as it was the first 3 games of the season.

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

It would turn into WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL! Where any top player in the country could just ditch their team after a year and start for another team from the very first serve of the following season. (And they wouldn't even need a waiver for being drop-dead gorgeous... because they could never be as gorgeous as say... a former UT volleyball player from Southern California who transferred to Nebraska..)

SIDE NOTE regarding NCAA WOMEN'S SOCCER RULES:
I have a friend who was on the US Women's U-17 & U-18 Soccer Teams and played her first year at INDIANA UNIVERSITY. She transferred to UCLA and was immediately eligible to play for the Bruins her sophomore year, but the coach had also recruited a US Women's soccer U-17/18 striker who was going to be a freshman, and as soon as the younger girl finished with her national team duty, she became the full-time starter and my friend rarely played. So then she transferred back to Butler (she was from Indy) and sat a year, before playing for Butler her 4th & 5th year of college. It was only after her SECOND TRANSFER that she had to sit a year.

YEAR 1: Indiana
YEAR 2: UCLA
YEAR 3: Redshirt @ Butler
YEAR 4: Butler
YEAR 5: Butler

3 Teams, All Div-1, 3 Different Conferences, Only 1 Redshirt Needed

I hope that NCAA Football doesn't turn into Women's Volleyball or Soccer.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

I didn't think that schools could block Grad-Transfers, even if they stayed in conference. This is total bullshit.

3 hours ago, MoJames said:

All QBs enter name into transfer portal

THIS!

giphy.gif

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

What I've learned.  If you are a college QB who is not starting, TRANSFER!  

If you were a QB1 take in your class, then TRANSFER.

If you were a QB2, then let the QB1 transfer and hope to get lucky and have the starter get his head taken off. (And slay majorly impressive poon ballin' out while waiting to get on the field.)

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Thanks..... 3 Years at BlowU and has a degree..... Grad Transfers should not have any restrictions on where they transfer

Edited by LTtxfan