I will be on 104.9 the horn 3/27 at noon

blacklab

Great job today, I’ve been registered there since 12 I think and only had 750ish posts but I know all you fuckers well, it was a place I visited many times daily.  Hell I even got it mentioned on the local sports radio here in SEC country.  I’ll miss it but it’s easy to adapt and overcome and if any bunch can do it this one can.

Oh and great job saying “asshole” and “shit” on the radio today lol.  

We have good things ahead.

20 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Why are there still new posts on the old site?  That place needs to be a ghost town.  Zero daily posts.  You want to say goodbye to the old site?  Do it here.  You want to post a message to Morgan that he'll never read?  Do it here.  You want to thank BL?  Do it here.  

Thanks to BlackLab for creating a great community that's provided me with countless hours of enjoyment.  You are a badass MFer.

This right here.  Just finished listening.  Great job BL.  That was all kinds of awesome.  That sumbitch can have LT.  Hate to say it but it's always sucked.  As Pistol Pete's Mustache said up thread, for those of us rivals or from other schools with a lousy message board, long live surlyhorns.  The king is dead, long live the king.  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, fuck OU.  :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Maybe we should spend the next few days responding to every post on the old site that this is the new place and that if you continue to post there you are supporting child molestation by Kevin Morgan. Would give the old site more posts for a while but might drive people over here more quickly. 

Never again to the other site. I don’t wish bad to befall him. Matter of fact, I hope I am a perfect kidney or marrow donor should he ever need one. I just a not going to ever give him another click. We don’t share common principles of ethics.

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Instant classic.  I feel like I just attended a wake for a very dear friend.

7 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Shout out to BK & Trey... you guys killed it, good job.

7 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Nice job dude.  May Surly thrive the way Shaggy did.

7 hours ago, ShouldaMarriedAStripper said:

It's really difficult to articulate just what was unique about the Shag (and will be unique about Surly), but I think blacklab did an amazing job given the venue/format.

7 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

A weekly segment during football season would be tits.

Hell, make it all year.  This community thrives on wacky shit during the offseason. 

7 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Instant classic.  I feel like I just attended a wake for a very dear friend.

This is exactly how I felt listening to it.  Closure and goodbye to Shag while sharing stories and laughs. 

Seriously great job in the interview Lab. 

And what a complete fucking choad.  Asking the man he sued to gain ownership of the site what he does next to keep it going.  So aggy.

U in her B = new NSAA name.  I agree with many others who've said it.

Great job BL. I’ve been a habitual lurker since way back in the Austin360 days. I don’t post a lot on boards but I’ve followed along to hornfans and then Shaggybevo. Now on to Surlyhorns, it’s one thing to read all of the posts and stories of how things came to pass but  I was in tears laughing at the stories on the radio. Good luck to the owner

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Well done by all, very entertaining. I kinda feel like I did when my parents moved out of my childhood home and got a new place. I thought I'd miss the old place, that the new one could never feel like home but as soon as I walked in I knew it was home, not the old place and it was because of who was there. I was Shaggy, now I'm Surly. I'm good with that.

It was never home for you, you fucking rape apologist unklphuckr. You got kicked out because you sucked so bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

How do we know it’s you. Please pm derka to confirm your status.

Done. Can also confirm with a story - A few years ago, I took @blacklab out to lunch to discuss a few podcast/radio opportunities. Told him lunch was on me. My credit card came back declined and he had to pay. Never been more embarrassed in my life. 

• Haha 2

Ima say this right here and now...BlackLab goes hard in the paint. 

You don't fuck with a dude that buys bandwidth by the terabyte, ya'll.

In the end, when it comes to Surly (formerly shag) Nation there is one thing to keep in mind:

JUtKMTG.jpg

• Like 1