2019 Schedule is out

thepop

16 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I was in Ames last year for the game. Absolutely fantastic game day atmosphere. Every Iowa St fan was great to me. 

I could have done without getting that drunk at Paddy’s, though. 

And that wasn’t even a Saturday!  Glad you had a good time.  I’ve had a few hammered drunk nights at Paddy’s.

We do try and make sure visitors have a blast.  As bad as our program was, we never lost a tailgate

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Assman said:

For those of you that have been to both, which would be the better road game for me to travel to:  Ames or Morgantown?  I've never been to either.

Both.

Im an ISU homer and think we have a fantastic scene.  WVU was my favorite college football road trip ever.  The environments and fan bases are surprisingly similar as hosts.  Ames is obviously easier to get to from Texas, but WVU wins in side entertainment, being in the mountains.

24 minutes ago, Assman said:

For those of you that have been to both, which would be the better road game for me to travel to:  Ames or Morgantown?  I've never been to either.

I have been to both and I would choose Ames. Although weather was not an issue when I was there. 

You will not get treated as well in Morgantown so think about that if you take your kids. 

I have been to both and I would choose Ames. Although weather was not an issue when I was there. 
You will not get treated as well in Morgantown so think about that if you take your kids. 
This would be a guy's trip. Hoping for maximum debauchery from arrival to departure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ames is probably #1 on my B12 wish list but Morgantown is a fucking blast. Hard to top that place. Not to mention it's in early October instead of mid November for once. Weather should be wonderful compared to TX but not too miserable, and you may catch the fall foliage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And that wasn’t even a Saturday!  Glad you had a good time.  I’ve had a few hammered drunk nights at Paddy’s.
 We do try and make sure visitors have a blast.  As bad as our program was, we never lost a tailgate
Ames for a game is the last thing on my Big12 bucket list.

Well that and seeing the horns in the CCG again.

3 hours ago, Pogo said:

I wouldn't put a knife that close to the goodies.  Better use

613-886366-Original_spray_300x300.png

But in all  seriousness, if I’m lucky enough to bed an Iowa big nat, I will make sure to stop midway thru sex and cover her vagina with spray butter. 

For that and a lot of reasons (I’ve heard it’s great), looking forward to Ames next year. 

So, Big XII Championship in 5 weeks and they can't announce the kick-off?  But the Big XII offices know what I'm doing the day after Thanksgiving in 2019, 13+ months from now?  Got it.  

Just tell us the fucking time (only because we might actually be playing in it).  

• 4 weeks later...

I'm probably in the minority here but I really miss the Thanksgiving day game.

I'm not a native Texan, but I became a Texas fan at a young age watching Thanksgiving day football with my family. 
My dad and older brother liked the Longhorns. My dad was a fan of DKR. It was a bonding time and it made an emotional connection for me at an early age.
Same with the Cowboys but I've always preferred college ball.

The slate of games on turkey day just isn't exciting, and it's a missed opportunity to get in people's living rooms and make new fans.

I'm probably in the minority here but I really miss the Thanksgiving day game.
I'm not a native Texan, but I became a Texas fan at a young age watching Thanksgiving day football with my family. 
My dad and older brother liked the Longhorns. My dad was a fan of DKR. It was a bonding time and it made an emotional connection for me at an early age.
Same with the Cowboys but I've always preferred college ball.
The slate of games on turkey day just isn't exciting, and it's a missed opportunity to get in people's living rooms and make new fans.
I think the "OmG nEvEr PlAy AgGy AgAiN" group is a vocal minority. It'll happen eventually just for the $$$, if nothing else. Personally, a big part of the fun of college football is the regional rivalries. I don't have a burning desire to play aggy on thanksgiving as opposed to getting Tech or TCU on black Friday because those games matter too. It also frees up thanksgiving day. But I won't be complaining when it happens.

Definitely give me aggy over Kansas though. Fuck that noise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My god, they're headed straight for the Sun!  

We get two bye weeks because the Gregorian Calendar has us starting the Saturday before Labor Day.  As usual.  Think of it this way, the "holiday" season between Thanksgiving and Christmas is as long this year as it'll be for another 6-8 years.  We can work on explaining Easter next.  But shit, my Catholic in-laws don't understand why it mysteriously moves around.