2019 Schedule is out

thepop

I'm still reeling from listening to Mack's excuse machine for that game in 2011 or 2013.  Whichever loss he blamed on the blustery weather in Waco.  You know Waco...that town that's basically an exurb of Austin where the weather is almost always the exact fucking same as it is here.  He even coined some new meteorolgy term "Polarized Wintry Low Level" or some such shit.  That's when I knew he was done, the Oregon game and hiding in East Texas on Jamail's jet was just the icing on the polar cake.   

I'm not Herman's biggest fan but one thing I don't see him doing is bitching about the weather in Ames in late-November.  I think he just kinda knows it's gonna be cold.  I think it was even a question on the Mensa exam.  
Yeah your mom polarized my wintry low level last night.

Wait, wut?

Just now, pacman said:

Make thread for 2019 schedule, but don't actually post schedule in thread. Makes sense.

The OP is an embedded tweet.

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You sure about that?  I could see them using up the last weekend in September as opening weekend so they can skip OU weekend altogether.  I think they are also tiring of these October deluges.  Either way though, finally won't have to mix a home game and ACL together.  

They don't have it in September anymore. Too hot/potentially dangerous. Rain is rain.

14 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Have you guys ever played in Ames in November?

I hope it’s 35 degrees and sleeting, with howling wind.

That 2011 ISU Ok State game was on 11/18.  If it gets a 7pm timeslot....

Undefeated season/playoff hopes possibly die in Ames in 2019, is what you're getting at?

]

1 minute ago, elfenix said:
1 minute ago, elfenix said:

i'd much rather play rice at rice stadium than NRG

What do you have against some of us enjoying alcohol at a college football game?  

5 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Wvu is a great road trip, but been there done that. This might be the year I bust my Ames cherry. 

Watch a little football. Maybe eat a steak, maybe drink some whisky and bang one of those Iowa chicks with big nats. Yeah, I could party. 

Their vaginas smell like corn.

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That 2011 ISU Ok State game was on 11/18.  If it gets a 7pm timeslot....

Undefeated season/playoff hopes possibly die in Ames in 2019, is what you're getting at?

I think there’s a reasonable chance that’s a match up of ranked squads 

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

]

What do you have against some of us enjoying alcohol at a college football game?  

like lack of sales in-stadium has ever stopped anyone

edit: apparently rice has been selling beer and wine since 2008 (who knew?)

Rice introduced in-stadium sales of beer and wine in 2008 at Rice Stadium

https://riceowls.com/news/2016/8/30/Rice_Athletics_Announces_New_Food_Service_Partnership_Expanded_Alcohol_Sales.aspx

Edited by elfenix

Just now, 'stache said:

Are the two byes a calendar anomaly or is this the new norm?  I don't see where the season starts any earlier or ends any later so I'm thinking it's a calendar anomaly.

Calendar.  Extra week between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I believe that this will be the first time we have ever played Louisiana Tech.

Very strange given all the directional and double directionals we've played from the state of Louisiana. Need to get old Tulane back on the schedule.

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

I’ve already made hotel reservations. Points rooms will fill up quick so if you’re coming for game book soon. 

I've got a sweet lake house on Lake Travis that I use as a short term rental on AirBnB, that, knock on wood with this flood, should be good to rent. I'll give any Surly-er's a welcome brisket if they rent it that weekend. 

Edited by hornian

38 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I thought the structure was 'P5, G5, National Powerhouse' with the OOC schedule. Yet we have two G5s next season. Did somebody bail on us?

There's some messing around with that formula in the future, especially since USF is basically a lower-tier P5 most in terms of quality most years: https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/texas/

We'll see how we bulk those schedules out going forward.

I'm still reeling from listening to Mack's excuse machine for that game in 2011 or 2013.  Whichever loss he blamed on the blustery weather in Waco.  You know Waco...that town that's basically an exurb of Austin where the weather is almost always the exact fucking same as it is here.  He even coined some new meteorolgy term "Polarized Wintry Low Level" or some such shit.  That's when I knew he was done, the Oregon game and hiding in East Texas on Jamail's jet was just the icing on the polar cake.   

8112cd080598416875429e3878632582.jpg

I believe “ice fog” was the term.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Busch Light and Casey’s pizza

I was in Ames last year for the game. Absolutely fantastic game day atmosphere. Every Iowa St fan was great to me. 

I could have done without getting that drunk at Paddy’s, though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Damn, thought our schedule this year was front loaded..

ffs.

That's what I was thinking. Through four of the five toughest matchups by the time the dust settles in Dallas - really only one, maybe two games of any consequence/degree of difficulty after that.