13 - West Virginia West Virginia Big 12 5-1 747 _ Share
14 11 Washington State Washington State Pac-12 6-1 692 vs Oregon W 34-20 Share
15 - Washington Washington Pac-12 6-2 677 vs Colorado W 27-13 Share
16 1 Texas A&M Texas A&M SEC 5-2 622 _ Share
17 1 Penn State Penn State Big Ten 5-2 528 @ Indiana W 33-28 Share
18 1 Iowa Iowa Big Ten 6-1 489 vs Maryland W 23-0 Share
19 7 Oregon Oregon Pac-12 5-2 450 @ Washington State L 34-20 Share
20 3 Wisconsin Wisconsin Big Ten 5-2 357 vs Illinois W 49-20 Share
21 - South Florida South Florida The American 7-0 291 vs Connecticut W 38-30 Share
22 6 North Carolina State North Carolina State ACC 5-1 186 @ Clemson L 41-7 Share
23 - Utah Utah Pac-12 5-2 180 vs USC W 41-28 Share
24 - Stanford Stanford Pac-12 5-2 144 @ Arizona State W 20-13 Share
25 - Appalachian State Appalachian State Sun Belt 5-1 79 vs Louisiana-Lafayette W 27-17 Share

Others Receiving Votes:
Others receiving votes:Texas Tech 54, Utah St. 50, San Diego St. 48, Fresno St. 35, Miami 34, Virginia 25, Houston 19, Purdue 17, Michigan St. 8, Cincinnati 7, Auburn 5, Mississippi St. 2, Boston College 2, UAB 1.

• Like 3

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Let’s get through the Pokes before we start hyping the next one. 

I agree, but polls are just hype machines themselves.  There's little substance to them, so rather than talk about the WVU in an OSU game thread...I'm doing it here since the polls are largely dog n' pony shows.  Besides, Tech and Iowa State now have me much more worried than OSU/WVU do.  

2 minutes ago, Shmitty said:

you listed it as AP Top 25 whereas it was the coaches poll. no one cares about the coaches poll.  or the harris poll.  the ap poll is probably best until the real playoff rankings come out.  

so in other words, suck less. 

Edited by The Tower
  • Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

I was waiting for ztejas to post in your thread so I’d have someone to neg. Thanks for not making me wait anymore.

Ditto.  Just waiting for my rep reserves to return so I can return the favor.  

Edited by Shmitty
  • Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, ajax said:

Kentucky is the shittiest team on the entire list

Kentucky is a joke, their offense is abysmal.

I'm glad Washington St moved up, I've always been a fan of Mike Leach. If they didn't drop a close one to USC they'd be 7-0 and in the top 10.

That Ohio st loss helped Texas out tremendously. Let's hope the Trojans knock off Notre Dame.

1 minute ago, Chad said:

Kentucky is a joke, their offense is abysmal.

I'm glad Washington St moved up, I've always been a fan of Mike Leach. If they didn't drop a close one to USC they'd be 7-0 and in the top 10.

That Ohio st loss helped Texas out tremendously. Let's hope the Trojans knock off Notre Dame.

They likely beat USC had the corrupt Pac 12 officiating called USC for targeting on that drive.  

• Like 1

Michigan pulled a little further ahead of us. When do they have a bye week?

looking ahead, if Texas and wvu both win next week, then Texas beats wvu while LSU loses to Alabama, Texas moves to 5, or could they jump Michigan to 4 with another top 15 win?  

Also, will the cfp ranking be anywhere close to the AP?

its nice to think about things other than how we get to 6 wins for a bowl and more practice.  

• Like 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Michigan pulled a little further ahead of us. When do they have a bye week?

looking ahead, if Texas and wvu both win next week, then Texas beats wvu while LSU loses to Alabama, Texas moves to 5, or could they jump Michigan to 4 with another top 15 win?  

Also, will the cfp ranking be anywhere close to the AP?

its nice to think about things other than how we get to 6 wins for a bowl and more practice.  

CFP rankings are their own thing.  They don’t use the polls at all, or so they claim.

Ohio St. was penalized mightily in the court of public opinion, as it should have been.  They would have had to win every game to have a shot at CFP.  Urban and tOSU will continue to be shit on all year under the scrutiny and it will continue to be glorious.  If Urban had been dismissed, he would have gotten off way too easy.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Shmitty said:

They likely beat USC had the corrupt Pac 12 officiating called USC for targeting on that drive.  

Fucking serves teh PAC12 right. 

I hope that call ends up costing them a playoff spot. It would be poetic justice.

• Like 1

No intent to diminish the Longhorns' accomplishments this year, but I can't help thinking the ranking is a bit high considering how Texas struggled against a couple teams, including a mediocre Maryland team, and had late game issues against OU and Baylor.  Doubt will be all but erased if the Horns crush OSU and beat WVU handily.

• Like 2

No one is more aware of a discrepancy in the rankings and our team’s weaknesses than Surly. That being said, just keep winning and the ranking will sort themselves out. And after the shit show of the past 9 years,  I’ll gladly take maybe being having inflated rankings along with ugly wins

Edited by SubliminalHorn
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Simkins Rat said:

No intent to diminish the Longhorns' accomplishments this year, but I can't help thinking the ranking is a bit high considering how Texas struggled against a couple teams, including a mediocre Maryland team, and had late game issues against OU and Baylor.  Doubt will be all but erased if the Horns crush OSU and beat WVU handily.

It's one of those years where every top team (except Bama) has real problems. Having only one loss and some solid wins is top-ten worthy at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simkins Rat said:

I'll admit, I chuckled a bit when I saw the ranking, but then I looked at what was ranked behind and realized none of those other teams probably deserved to be ranked ahead so it's probably about right.  If you're gonna lose, lose early.