Mail bombs CR thread

Zavala

31 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

how do you eat a pipe bomb?  Could you accidentally inhale a pipe bomb?  maybe static electricity could set it off?  We just don't know the intent yet nor the structure of these bombs if they are designed to explode.

From the link:

The earlier bombs — like the explosive device that was found Monday in the mailbox of George Soros' home in Bedford, New York — were all made with PVC pipe, which X-rays indicated likely contained shrapnel, three senior law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the matter told NBC News. They included a low explosive or a pyrotechnic, as in fireworks, as well as timers — likely digital alarm clocks — to set off the detonators, the sources said.

Multiple senior bomb technicians briefed on the case said the aspiring bomber had all of the components needed to set off a successful explosion. No arrests have been made.

the liberal circle jerk in the CR is extreme and I'll let y'all get back to stroking each other.  It was fun though and next time I will think about posting in here I will just hit my head against a wall a few times.  BTW I am a libertarian if you have to put me in a bucket as some of you are.  

tjhooker: How dare you put me in the Trump bucket!

Also tjhooker: It’s a liberal circle jerk in here!

50 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

That powder was not "harmless".  If ground up caster beans are ingested it would not be good for you at all.  Also, the moron's intent was the same as to terrorize his political/personal targets in his warped mind.  You don't grind up caster beans and think well this is harmless so I am going to send letters with it to the WH and Pentagon.  Your characterization of it is off.

You being unable to even attempt in your mind to draw any analogy to it shows how brainwashed you are.

The coverage of the bombs also has to do with the president of the United States having an enemies list and inciting violence at rallies.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The coverage of the bombs also has to do with the president of the United States having an enemies list and inciting violence at rallies.

Well, and especially, a new station evacuating while on the air and continuing to report from the street off their cell phones. That's pretty goddamn notable and newsworthy.

58 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Tell me where I have bad judgment?

You questioned the definition of a live bomb and then said the harmless powder was not harmless. You're advancing contradictory positions and it's pretty obvious. You strike me as full of shit. 

Btw, is there explosive material inside the bomb? Yes? Then that's a live bomb. Can the powder harm anyone? No? Then that's harmless powder. 

19 minutes ago, elguapo said:

tjhooker: How dare you put me in the Trump bucket!

Also tjhooker: It’s a liberal circle jerk in here!

It is. Y’all just need a jar to pass around, while you watch CNN and talk about how neutral it is. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

It is. Y’all just need a jar to pass around, while you watch CNN and talk about how neutral it is. 

Anti-Trump doesn't equate to liberal.   But I suppose if you could comprehend that, you wouldn't be a water-carrier for Trump. 

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

You guys are all fine with tjhooker doing the scat runs on the new shaggy but dont you dare come over here and say things counter to our beliefs.  LOL.  

This is what you deduce from the reception of your castor bean powder is roughly the same thing as a pipe bomb argument? Really? 

Maybe the bombs weren't actually fully functioning so maybe it's no big deal is very Sackesque. Do you suggest that the story should not be heavily reported until we know that all the bombs work? Do you believe that is all the bombs are fake that that will not also be big news?

In short, what the fuck are you arguing about? Does the LOL at the end of your post supposedly add to the validity of your mysterious point?

I want to know more about your strange, educated culture.

53 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Who said CNN is neutral?

This.  I'm not even sure what it means to be "neutral."  Anyone who is neutral is an idiot.  Bias in itself isn't bad.  I'd hope you're biased against Nazis, murderers, and rapists.  It's only unjust bias that's bad, eg. racism.

News isn't supposed to be just parroting talking points of either side or dispersing propaganda for the WH.   If you critically look at anything, of course you'll have some sort of viewpoint.  

The biggest problem with "bias" is in choosing what to cover.  And it's more a bias against money for investigative journalism than for a side.  Instead we have ridiculous stories hyping up a caravan or covering Trump's lies about giving a tax cut next week.  It's like a black hole of all Trump, all the time, instead of a discussion about what's actually happening in the world.    Cable news is IMO unwatchable.  But that's because it's a panel of people arguing with each other for hours over the same topic.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

NYT reporting that all 10 were actually mailed and that many, if not most, were likely mailed from (you guessed it) Florida. 

Don't most USPS package dropoffs have video surveillance?  It will take some time for them to go over every possibility based on postmark, but I would think they'd be able to catch this person on camera.

2 hours ago, G650 said:

I think we've discovered your problem.

Do you think there’s no bias in an organization that has had funding threatened off and on before by one side of the aisle?  

You do know NPR has received grants from the Open Society Foundation right?  

Soros!

dah dah dahhhhhh

Edited by GRHorn

26 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Things are beginning to make sense.

DqYggZdWwAAcaXo.jpg:large

Everyone knows the first step to a coup is to generate a Mayan-calendar-inspired decoder ring for your entire conspiracy, and to make sure all of your plans carefully followed a convoluted numerological script so that internet sleuths aligned with your enemies can predict your next moves.  

Edited by BrickHorn