CR Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting

GSU&UT

17 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Because he said it when he first entered the thread.  He doesnt support anyone.  Just here to stir shit up.  And then proceeded to call people soy boys.  On a thread about a mass murder. 

I just read his responses in this thread. In none of them does he say that he's a troll. Not supporting anyone is not the same as being a troll. 

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I just read his responses in this thread. In none of them does he say that he's a troll. Not supporting anyone is not the same as being a troll. 

Because trolls announce they are trolls?  Every single one of his posts is a troll. Up to and including when his troll act got under someone's skin and he feigns butthurt. 

Seriously, what do you think his intentions were when calling people soy boy? Altruistic and pure?  You think he believes what he says?

This interaction is America in a nutshell. You let the trolls win and quiet the real people, and because of it, we are going to be kissing this republic goodbye. When all you had to do was tell the troll to stfu at the beginning. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The war has started. You just don’t care because you’re standing on the side doing the shooting.

Which makes you an evil fuck who is a cancer on this planet.

I wish you the same fate as the victims of your complicity have suffered. Wait, check that. I don’t wish that for you. I wish it for your family. I wish for you to feel the last of their life ebb, as the blood pours from their wounds. You are fine excusing a movement that spurs such a scene. We’ll see if you’re fine with it when it’s your family bleeding out on the floor.

You start a fire like this, you WILL get burned. We all will. Welcome to hell. You’ve helped create it, now enjoy.

I had to go back and find the post. I read it yesterday and it didn't register as a threat to a real person anywhere. It's rhetorical hyperbole directed at anyone complicit in creating an atmosphere where racists feel like they are furthering public policy by means of murder. Indiscriminate slaughter.

Brisket directs his remarks to TJHooker whom he believes to be complicit. The rhetorical device is used to illustrate just what these wicked attitudes lead to. I don't have a problem with it.

It's a remarkable contrast, at least to me, that a thread about the slaughter perpetrated in a synagogue by a man whose vehicle is covered with Trump/Pence stickers has been sidetracked into outrage over Brisket's post. It's a strange world.

We keep seeing signs of violent fascism. Our national leader cannot bring himself to condemn the Charlottesville torch bearers. A caravan of foreigners heading towards our border in buses is characterized similarly to an invading army. We eat the shit of lies everyday.

Tut-tut about a mildly graphic post driving home the image of just what the apologists may be complicit in. No real people were threatened. The only "threat" is that TJHooker or Trump apologists/supporters might get a glimpse of what their politics could be leading to.

It's worrisome and invites graphic warning.

• Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Not doxx, I barley register you and think about you. I had I got Flint confused and knew your handle started with a C, hence Clint, and I guess I thought your avatar was Eastwood or something.

Oh that's why you started negging me and have kept it up every time you come back?

As I said earlier I'll quit when you do. I will gladly go back to scrolling right past you. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You just contradicted yourself pretty blatantly. 

For you young people just lurking and following along, this is how you spot the person who is full of shit, when you see someone advancing a contradiction. 

ETA: *barely

I chose my negs with some thought. It didn't require much work. One was added to a previous post and the others were the neg-worthy BS he regularly spouts. 

Again, all I am doing is hitting back. 

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I chose my negs with some thought. It didn't require much work. One was added to a previous post and the others were the neg-worthy BS he regularly spouts. 

Again, all I am doing is hitting back. 

Just put each other on ignore. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

14 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

So much drama could have been avoided if Brisket had avoided typing "I hope you..." and subbed in "Imagine if it was you who..."

Or if people other than right-wing trolls had fucking had Brisket's back instead of being cucks like fucking always.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Or if people other than right-wing trolls had fucking had Brisket's back instead of being cucks like fucking always.

Eh, we have a rule against rhetoric like that going back to Hornfans days and stemming from some posts that may or may not have contributed to the suicide of a loved but troubled poster. Those were more in the "why don't you drink bleach" vein but still, call me a traditionalist in cases like these. 

10 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Maybe not in dynastic wars in China, but it seems like it can be effective on the Internet. 

I will block on Twitter and FB in a heartbeat. This place is different. I have had good interactions with people on threads away from CR that I have had long and loud arguments here. I did that today with @pearlandhorn in the divorce thread. 

Edit: if Sun-Tzu only applies to dynastic wars in China why is it cited as a resource for business today?

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Like 1

According to an annual report by the Anti-Defamation League issued this year, the number of reported anti-Semitic incidents in the United States surged 57 percent in 2017, the largest rise in a single year since it began tracking such crimes in 1979.

Gee, I wonder what might have happened in January, 2017 that might have emboldened people who arbor anti-Semitic feelings?

Man, I dread the next person who takes the lead of the Trumpists. He (not much chance of a she) will likely be smarter, subtler, and more dangerous than Trump himself. He'll be smart enough to ration his lies amid truths and to pinpoint the targets of hate.

I have no idea how to turn this shit around. 

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Man, I dread the next person who takes the lead of the Trumpists. He (not much chance of a she) will likely be smarter, subtler, and more dangerous than Trump himself. He'll be smart enough to ration his lies amid truths and to pinpoint the targets of hate.

The Republicans will have to come to Jesus and clean their house.

Unfortunately, only way that is going to happen is if they suffer serious political consequences in elections and even then it’s not a sure thing.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

I'm shamelessly crossposting the following that Bozo said was circulating on Facebook Friday night in the alt-right mockery thread before Saturday's terrorist attack, so that trolls and Trump defenders may reconsider what they post before spreading the lies and propaganda. Don't diminish this shit as meaningless online venting. It is absolutely having an effect on behavior IRL. Reflect on that.

REPOST

Folks, this is the dilemma we are facing.

I have very close friends in Texas (two of my sons live in west Texas) and the information from law enforcement in that state is disturbing. Other FB friends have posted some of the facts I am hearing out of Texas, and it adds up to one thing. There is going to be a war on the southern border of our nation.

The estimated number of the “caravan” is approximately 10,000. It is being forecasted that the number will be 20,000 by the time it reaches the USA. In addition to that, according to aerial reconnaissance and intel by the US military, there are approximately 40,000 Mexicans who are massing or planning to join the immigrants near the border where the caravan is headed. There will be approximately 60,000 people who will rush our nation’s border at the same time.

President Donald Trump signed deployment orders for the 82nd Airborne Division of the United States Army, instructing them to deploy from Ft. Bragg, NC, to the U.S. southern border at Mexico. In addition, the 1st Armored Division of the United States Army at Ft. Campbell, KY has been given 72 Hour ready-standby orders to begin shipping armored vehicles to the southern border via rail.

But that isn’t as important as the resolve of the Texas population who have decided that they are not going to allow this invasion to occur. There is an organized effort by Texans with guns who believe, due to political correctness, the military will not do the job that is necessary to keep 50,000 illegals from rushing the border and end up flooding into our country. Texans are unified in one thing, illegals are not getting into Texas.

Remember, almost everyone in Texas owns guns. There are more high powered rifles with laser scopes in Texas than the rest of the country combined. Texans have concluded one thing. If there is a gun fight in Texas, it would be very difficult to determine which gun shot which person. If a Texas shoots an illegal alien, odds are they would never be caught. Texans realize that it may be up to the citizens to protect their land. Texans can be tough without the blame being cast on the Republican administration. According to my sources, there will be a second line of defense when the illegals storm the border. If the illegals are successful in breaking through the military barricade, they are facing possible death.

Texans are planning. This isn’t just talk. The military isn’t the only group that is going to organize near the border. Texans with guns. The immigrants should be more afraid of them than of the military. Texans have never been politically correct!

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You can’t just turn it around. If the constitution and the TrumOP machinations within its boundaries leads to fascism, then that’s where we go.

Some folks act like we don’t have crises every four score or so that lead us into an inferno and back out again. The last two times (Great Depression/WWII and the War of Southern Treason) we adjusted within the USC, and the USC took on new meanings/got reinterpreted. But the time before that we created a new country.

Maybe the country as we know it survives with some structural adjustment. Or maybe Putin wins, and we become something(s) new.

But this is really only the beginning stage. As someone said above, I think, this isn’t 1942-5; this is 1932-3. Power hasn’t been consolidated yet. My fear is that a blue wave, even a small one, creates the impetus for the equivalent of the Reichtag fire.

If that’s the route the party of trump takes, they’ll be successful. All they need is ~35% of the country to believe their line of bullshit, and the remaining 15% necessary will bring the donuts to the coronation of Grand Pumba Orangetard. 

• Like 2

From The Atlantic article that Bolverk posted

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/caravan-lie-sparked-massacre-american-jews/574213/

The Tree of Life shooter criticized Trump for not being racist or anti-Semitic enough. But with respect to the caravan, the shooter merely followed the logic of the president and his allies: He was willing to do whatever was necessary to prevent an “invasion” of Latinos planned by perfidious Jews, a treasonous attempt to seek “the destruction of American society and culture.”

The apparent spark for the worst anti-Semitic massacre in American history was a racist hoax inflamed by a U.S. president seeking to help his party win a midterm election. There is no political gesture, no public statement, and no alteration in rhetoric or behavior that will change this fact. The shooter might have found a different reason to act on a different day. But he chose to act on Saturday, and he apparently chose to act in response to a political fiction that the president himself chose to spread, and that his followers chose to amplify.

As for those who aided the president in his propaganda campaign, who enabled him to prey on racist fears to fabricate a national emergency, those who said to themselves, “This is the play”? Every single one of them bears some responsibility for what followed. Their condemnations of antisemitism are meaningless. Their thoughts and prayers are worthless. Their condolences are irrelevant. They can never undo what they have done, and what they have done will never be forgotten.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

I'm shamelessly crossposting the following that Bozo said was circulating on Facebook Friday night in the alt-right mockery thread before Saturday's terrorist attack, so that trolls and Trump defenders may reconsider what they post before spreading the lies and propaganda. Don't diminish this shit as meaningless online venting. It is absolutely having an effect on behavior IRL. Reflect on that.

What do they imagine would be the point of 50k people crashing the fence? Why should we shoot them when most could be so easily captured?

What is in their minds?

On 10/27/2018 at 12:23 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The problem is half the country isn’t doing their job of cleaning their own house.  

30 years ago Republican leadership would marginalize groups like the alt-right and Qanon types.  They would forcefully and publicly explain to all of America that these views are bad for our society and shouldn’t be tolerated. 

The opposite is happening now. These extremist groups are now protected through the vilification of their opposition like Antifa and BLM.  It’s sick and immoral.  

Clean your fucking house Republicans.

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

^See what I mean.  Where are these voices today in the Republican Party? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/caravan-lie-sparked-massacre-american-jews/574213/

great article. Should be read by all, including trumpkins and trolls. 

Words from the president matter motherfuckers. 

I''ll see your Serwer with a Rubin.

Violence is sending bombs to President Trump’s political targets. Violence is body-slamming a reporter who dares to ask a question. Violence is driving a car into a crowd, killing a young woman. Violence is killing unarmed African American youths. Violence is wife beating, sexual assault and child molestation (not demanding that accused wife beaters and sexual predators be held accountable and at the very least disqualified from high office.) Violence is forcibly separating young children from their parents (not calling out such treatment as inhumane).

Violence is not refusing to serve a White House press secretary dinner at a farm-to-table restaurant. It is not yelling at people in restaurants. It is not making mean jokes at a charity event. It is not peacefully occupying a government building to protest.

.These things are not the same

10 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I''ll see your Serwer with a Rubin.

.These things are not the same

Yeah but both sides, mobs not jobs, blah blah blah. 

And then when you call them on it they whine that you’re not getting them and are just alientating them even further. And they are going to whine and suck their thumbs and vote republican because youre being such a meany. 

Well here’s some words for you trumpkins. You will start being treated with respect when you stop worshiping evil shitheads doing evil shithead things like psychologically torturing young children because they’re others and brown and start acting like rational adults. Until then, expect the same disdain and disprespecful treatment that you deserve. I truly feel sorry for most of you because I have family members acting this way. 

In other words. Grow the fuck up and stop acting like children who didn’t get the dessert they wanted and are now throwing a hissy fit.  

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

^See what I mean.  Where are these voices today in the Republican Party? 

Trumpkins consider Reagan a rino nowadays. They just don’t like to bring it up. It’s a really smelly fart in the room that the Republican Party doesn’t like to acknowledge. 

I bet Alan Dershowitz is regretting some of his previous statements supporting trump tonight. He’s smart enough to know that trump’s rhetoric on the caravan mob full of mooslems played at least a part in this tragedy. Trump has supported Israel unconditionally which Dershowitz supports but there is a cost when you lie down with dogs. Shit becomes real when 11 innocent people die for no good reason. 

I bet Alan Dershowitz is regretting some of his previous statements supporting trump tonight. He’s smart enough to know that trump’s rhetoric on the caravan mob full of mooslems played at least a part in this tragedy. Trump has supported Israel unconditionally which Dershowitz supports but there is a cost when you lie down with dogs. Shit becomes real when 11 innocent people die for no good reason. 

Why would he care?

Imagine an otherwise healthy individual injured in a horrific accident. Then using the system we have in place to set himself up financially for life. Then that guy working his ass off so that no one else could do the same if that happened to someone else.