CR Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting

GSU&UT

26 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

An absurd statement, but okay, your opinion I’ll respect.

The Nazis would never achieve significant relevance if it weren’t for the bothsides assholes who enable them by elevating them into the mainstream. When you equate yelling at Mitch McConnell with anti Semitic terrorism, you create the social conditions that promote anti Semitic terrorism.

The bothsides assholes are essentially the moderate whites that MLK excoriated in his letter from the Birmingham jail. It’s that complicity with evil that enables evil. There’s no neutral ground when it comes to white supremacy. Either you oppose it or you support it. You’ve picked your side but don’t want to admit it because you know you picked the side of evil.

• Like 2

we don't kill off the family of any murderer.  Duh. 

Maybe we should. Oh, and before you freak, that’s not MY position. It’s his:

On Trump's first full day in office, in January 2017, according to The Post, the CIA showed Trump a recording of a drone strike in which operators had waited to strike until the target wandered away from his home, which had his family inside. But Trump apparently questioned the move.

"Why did you wait?" the person at the meeting recalled Trump saying.
"We're fighting a very politically correct war," Trump said. "When you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives - don't kid yourself."

I’m just some guy on a message board.

He’s the president of the most powerful nation on earth.

That’s the problem, dude.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Soros is hated by Netanyahu and a vast swath of Israelis. Disliking Soros is not ant-Semitic.

Netanyahu is also buddies with a number of European anti-Semitic fascists. Clearly then there is nothing wrong with being buddies with anti-Semites. 

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-pm-s-dark-deal-with-e-europe-condones-anti-semitism-and-occupation-1.6249033

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I readily concede that those wishes didn’t come from “the good part of me.”

Our “good part” is getting a full-on assfucking by “the bad part” that is presently in charge of this country. Maybe “the good part” isn’t worth a shit. Just something to consider.

Your modern Manichaean duality confuses Simple Caveman Poster like me. I know you feel down. Put on a little eyeliner, or shine your shoes. Makes a hell of a difference.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Like 2

What is an example of intolerance on the left?
Kathy Griffin did a photo shoot holding Trump's body head and Maxine Waters encouraged protesters to harass Trump cabinet members in public. Never mind that Griffin is irrelevant and that yelling at at a restaurant isn't the same as killing people.

It's a bullshit analogy, but it's the best they got.

36 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If you are trying to doxx me, that's not my name. 

Not doxx, I barley register you and think about you. I had I got Flint confused and knew your handle started with a C, hence Clint, and I guess I thought your avatar was Eastwood or something.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

See my post above.

All I’m asking is for you to tell me what it WILL take to get through to people, for then to say “enough of this demonization of ‘the other.’ Stop.”

I really and truly want to know, because I’m at wit’s end - I truly don’t think that ANYTHING will.

Nothing will get through to them.

That doesn't excuse what you said.

This board has become a sad place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Nothing personal, it’s one of these things where Clint and I are seeing who can out petty one another by literally negging whatever it is posted, irrespective of content. I don’t know how it got to this point, but Clint and I are knee deep in it. 

Everyone else carry on and don’t mind us if you see random -1’s.

21 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Not doxx, I barley register you and think about you. I had I got Flint confused and knew your handle started with a C, hence Clint, and I guess I thought your avatar was Eastwood or something.

You just contradicted yourself pretty blatantly. 

For you young people just lurking and following along, this is how you spot the person who is full of shit, when you see someone advancing a contradiction. 

ETA: *barely

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Nothing will get through to them.

That doesn't excuse what you said.

This board has become a sad place.

You should probably look at what Brisket said in a more abstract way.  He is calling for the death of a fake internet persona, not the person that manufactured it. Tjhooker is a troll, not a real person. He isn't espousing his personal beliefs. He is here simply to spout bullshit and agitate. Trolls are what has caused our political downward spiral, be they on facebook, twitter, smaller boards like this one, or Sean Hannity. 

If you want real discourse here, only real people should be allowed. That includes real people like Tahoe who have unfortunate beliefs. Trolls should be banned. 

This thread should be serious discussion given the event. And now you've allowed a fake person, who made this thread a shitshow, get a real one banned. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I mean, what kind of sociopath would feel guilt for a movement that just, in the past week, inspired a man to attack a black church (went to a secondary target), sent over a dozen mail bombs to political enemies, and just shot up a synagogue because Jews support brown refugees? Nope, nobody should feel any guilt for being associated with the movement stoking the fires that led to those burns.

My son is with his Jewish friend right now. They have targets on their backs right now. 8 of them died today. My son has the wrong last name. It’s a matter of time before someone sends .223 rounds flying at people like us.

The war has started. You just don’t care because you’re standing on the side doing the shooting.

Which makes you an evil fuck who is a cancer on this planet.

I wish you the same fate as the victims of your complicity have suffered. Wait, check that. I don’t wish that for you. I wish it for your family. I wish for you to feel the last of their life ebb, as the blood pours from their wounds. You are fine excusing a movement that spurs such a scene. We’ll see if you’re fine with it when it’s your family bleeding out on the floor.

You start a fire like this, you WILL get burned. We all will. Welcome to hell. You’ve helped create it, now enjoy.

Holy shit, Brisket.  My advice to you would be to step away from the keyboard for awhile. If's a nice day there in Austin, get out and enjoy it.

You say you're a lawyer?

17 hours ago, tjhooker said:

I will vote R.  Many times there is no L candidate. I still view R as less bad than D.

I assume you live in Texas so yes many R's.  I live in Ohio many here too.  As I said they bother me less than Ds.

Unless it's soyboy D, if you know what I mean and I think you do ;);)

Brisket. Maybe this will give you some perspective. I’m Jewish as you know so I have some personal stake in all this and I’m pretty fucking raw about it too. But I’d never wish harm on the family member of an asshole in an attempt to open their eyes to the danger of what they are supporting. It wouldn’t work anyway. You know as well as anyone that they deplorables are immune to facts, logic and reason. As much as we desperately want to pound it into them by whatever means.  Ain’t happening  

I wonder if someone like me were to take a bullet for said family member. Not that I’m offering as a sort of grim experiment but seeing someone from an already oppressed demographic make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the loved one of an apologist might do it. 

Or not.  But emphasizing common humanity when forcing someone to face the consequences of what they support can change hearts  

Or not.  

I think it’s time for my own sabbatical now. I just voted. And then I wept. Because I didn’t think it mattered. 

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Soros is hated by Netanyahu and a vast swath of Israelis. Disliking Soros is not ant-Semitic.

I don't know the point you're making.   I would guess that a majority of people that seem obsessed about Soros are anti-semitic at some level.  Can I prove that?  No because we don't poll racists and bigots to understand that level of nuance.    And you can't prove the opposite of that either so don't pretend this is some gotcha point.

So one more thing though. I don’t get trolls. I don’t get the pleasure involved in saying things that are deliberately hurtful or distressful to others just to get a reaction.  I dunno. Maybe they weren’t held enough as babies and so they crave attention any way they can get it. I try not to engage them and it is difficult but it’s worse trying to wade through pages of bullshit propagated by those who just want to watch the world burn.  

45 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

You should probably look at what Brisket said in a more abstract way.  He is calling for the death of a fake internet persona, not the person that manufactured it. Tjhooker is a troll, not a real person. He isn't espousing his personal beliefs. He is here simply to spout bullshit and agitate. Trolls are what has caused our political downward spiral, be they on facebook, twitter, smaller boards like this one, or Sean Hannity. 

If you want real discourse here, only real people should be allowed. That includes real people like Tahoe who have unfortunate beliefs. Trolls should be banned. 

This thread should be serious discussion given the event. And now you've allowed a fake person, who made this thread a shitshow, get a real one banned. 

There is NO JUSTIFICATION for that Brisket posted. He deserves to be banned and it was one of the most revolting things I have read ever on these boards. His posts have gotten incredibly dark and graphically violent. He needs to chill.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

There is NO JUSTIFICATION for that Brisket posted. He deserves to be banned and it was one of the most revolting things I have read ever on these boards. His posts have gotten incredibly dark and graphically violent. He needs to chill.

No shit. I'm aligned with him, politically, but that was way beyond the pale.    

For his own sake and the sake of his family  I hope he steps away from this forum for awhile.  I really believe that being here is not good for his mental state.  When you start taking things THAT personally, it's time to get away.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He said that to a fake persona. And people like you think its okay to troll a thread about a mass murder hate crime with nonsense about soy boys. Had tjhooker been banned for trolling, it would have never gone that far. Twitter and facebook are starting to be proactive about trolls. Perhaps surly should be as well. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

He said that to a fake persona. 

No he didn’t. Reread what he wrote. He made it very personal and graphically described wanting him to experience his wife or child dying in his arms with blood ebbing from them while looking terrified. It was one of the most vile things I have ever read. If you write something like that about another poster, we are all human here and most of us are fellow Horns, that is beyond the pale and the community must strongly rebuke him.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

No he didn’t. Reread what he wrote. He made it very personal and graphically described wanting him to experience his wife or child dying in his arms with blood ebbing from them while looking terrified. It was one of the most vile things I have ever read. If you write something like that about another poster, we are all human here and most of us are fellow Horns, that is beyond the pale and the community must strongly rebuke him.

Shut the fuck up, Nancy.

You posted about volunteering to shoot up a group of innocent Hondurans that includes women and children.

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

And you saying you'd volunteer to attack the caravan? Where does that rank in the vile things said meter? Or is that okay since they're not posters on a messageboard who also like the Horns. You're not that far from the pipe bomb guy either. Do you drive a van?

Edited by mdmost

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Again, tjhooker is not a real person. The real person carrying on the charade of the fictional tjhooker who came here only to troll should have never been allowed to troll for so long. Same goes for chrispy. You, like Tahoe, are real but unfortunate, so carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Out of curiosity, how do you know?

Because he said it when he first entered the thread.  He doesnt support anyone.  Just here to stir shit up.  And then proceeded to call people soy boys.  On a thread about a mass murder. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

19 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You are a pathetic hypocrite.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, M12BH said:

So one more thing though. I don’t get trolls. I don’t get the pleasure involved in saying things that are deliberately hurtful or distressful to others just to get a reaction.  I dunno. Maybe they weren’t held enough as babies and so they crave attention any way they can get it. I try not to engage them and it is difficult but it’s worse trying to wade through pages of bullshit propagated by those who just want to watch the world burn.  

It's what's clinically called "antisocial behavior".

This is a thread about the synagogue shooting, and everyone posting about Brisket hurting someone's feelings can fuck right off.

It's like Michael Corleone bitching about that bastard son who banged Bridgette Fonda not dressing properly for Michael's getting the Sisters of Immaculate Mercy service award in Godfather III.  When the real issue is that Godfather III sucked.

• Like 4