Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

12 hours ago, formermav43 said:

They’re not USC knockoffs anymore, as the picture you posted clearly demonstrates. Changed the design this year.

Regardless, the black is terrible. It’s not their own direction-it’s derivative of every insipid black alternate uniform we’ve been subjected to for the past 15 years.

That was my initial thought as well. They were fine just odd seeing teams where uniforms that doesn't even have one of their primary colors.

I think they should go back to these-

IAXISU8386%20(3).JPG

They really need to go back to or update the "cyclone" and have that on their helmets alone

• Like 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on record as being against black uniforms if black is not one of your school colors.  But if you're going to do it, at least accent it with your school colors.  The ISU unis are the first time I've seen a team uniform have none of the school colors on them at all.

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

There's nothing wrong with having a black alternate. Heck, it's exactly what we do in basketball. So do plenty of other teams.

Technically we have our own (ugly) black and burnt-orange jersey for football, we just don't use it outside of practice. They don't look great though, Iowa State does it better,

FF_1146434ALT1_full.jpg&w=1000&q=80

And it sucks ass so bad we do not even wear these for practice any more.

Hopefully they burned all of those God awful things.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

And it sucks ass so bad we do not even wear these for practice any more.

Hopefully they burned all of those God awful things.

We pulled one out for Tyler Johnson to take a picture in since he thought they were cool. I'm sure we'll learn him once he's on campus.

DeFRnbvVMAAPQJF.jpg

I like both the traditional Double T and the 3-D one as well.  They both have their place.

Here’s what I don’t want to see:

Red Helmets

Red Pants

mylanta gray anything, with the gray/ silver pants in the Zach Thomas era throwbacks being permitted.

Helmets with Rorschach blobs on them.

fuck no
first rule of uniforms, don't change your helmets. LSU wears yellow helmets. it's not difficult.  here are the three best and most iconic helmets in college football without argument or equivocation, and what they have in common is that they are scarcely, if at all, changed in the lifetime of most college football fans
s-l1000.jpg
notre_dame_helmet.jpg
2s955d4.jpg
oh and the "reason" for LSU's candy-ass helmets, and OU wearing white helmets, and Ohio State having an alternate helmet every year? it's because it would be unseemly for the athletic director to literally suck a shoe company president's dick at midfield so they have to settle for doing it figuratively 

fuck your own face. we’ll wear whatever the fuck we want to wear and for whatever reason we want.

dicklicker...
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

11 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

That was my initial thought as well. They were fine just odd seeing teams where uniforms that doesn't even have one of their primary colors.

I think they should go back to these-

IAXISU8386%20(3).JPG

They really need to go back to or update the "cyclone" and have that on their helmets alone

I have no idea why we don’t rock the tornado more.  It’s such a great look.

Sidenote, I’m a fan of the old OSU black lid in that pic

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blanton said:

Big fan of these uniforms. Hopefully Tech overhauls their logo/brand like CAL did and use these more regularly.

UA undoing Nike's over-thought "trendy" new identity in Berkeley was really well done. A rare case where they were the classic, traditional move.

Tech could badly use similar help.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:13 PM, texifornia said:

The Cowboys are the only team that can pull off having non-matching shades of silver on a modern uniform. If you tried to do propose some similar greenish-silver pants today with a regular silver helmet you'd get laughed out of the building.

Aren't the Cowboys also the only team (NFL or NCAA) who have two different shades of its color, home and away?

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

UA undoing Nike's over-thought "trendy" new identity in Berkeley was really well done. A rare case where they were the classic, traditional move.

Tech could badly use similar help.

Tech needs LESS help.

we have badass unis when they don’t try to trick them out. The throwbacks are nice and clean, and pretty much consensus likeable.

If you’re talking about the Double T changing again, fuck that. They are both great, and are rooted in our school identity.

35 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tech needs LESS help.

we have badass unis when they don’t try to trick them out. The throwbacks are nice and clean, and pretty much consensus likeable.

If you’re talking about the Double T changing again, fuck that. They are both great, and are rooted in our school identity.

We want the same thing. UA just de-candied up Cal's look, stuck to their tradtional colors, and went back to the script Cal. Tech also looks great when they stay traditional.

On 10/18/2018 at 4:54 PM, randygilman said:

Did you know it’s possible for two things to be a true at once?

the main point is that those aren’t bad (they aren’t), and that LSU has great uniforms.

And two of the three examples you used have had alternate helmets within the past years. 

LSU definitely has great uniforms. Thus, no reason to fuck with them.

Alternate helmets-- who is the 2nd? Notre Dame has worn alternate helmets, which were rightly and roundly mocked. As the saying goes, mistakes were made. I don't recall Texas or Michigan changing their helmets in any significant ways. Michigan went back to helmet stickers when Harbaugh was hired. Texas put the jersey numbers back on ours and wore the DKR sticker for a bit. That's not really what I'm talking about. USC has gone back and forth with its facemask, from gray to its red back to gray and I think Michigan has done the same. That kind of cosmetic stuff's not the same as something like A&M wearing maroon helmets for 30 years and then digging up its white ones, which is both a derivative and inferior look for them.

To your other post, sure, there are other iconic helmets in CFB. Those are the three most iconic. If we wanted to expand beyond three, the first one I'd put up there next is probably Florida State. 

Changing the base color of your helmet like LSU is doing this weekend is a --100-- Aggie thing to do. 

On 10/18/2018 at 3:55 PM, SwanderedTalent said:

fuck no

first rule of uniforms, don't change your helmets. LSU wears yellow helmets. it's not difficult.  here are the three best and most iconic helmets in college football without argument or equivocation, and what they have in common is that they are scarcely, if at all, changed in the lifetime of most college football fans

s-l1000.jpg

notre_dame_helmet.jpg

2s955d4.jpg

oh and the "reason" for LSU's candy-ass helmets, and OU wearing white helmets, and Ohio State having an alternate helmet every year? it's because it would be unseemly for the athletic director to literally suck a shoe company president's dick at midfield so they have to settle for doing it figuratively 

Pretty sure Notre Dame whores itself out a few times a year

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-3.jpg

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-4.jpg

shamrock-series-uniforms.jpg

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-10.jpg

LSU definitely has great uniforms. Thus, no reason to fuck with them.
Alternate helmets-- who is the 2nd? Notre Dame has worn alternate helmets, which were rightly and roundly mocked. As the saying goes, mistakes were made. I don't recall Texas or Michigan changing their helmets in any significant ways. Michigan went back to helmet stickers when Harbaugh was hired. Texas put the jersey numbers back on ours and wore the DKR sticker for a bit. That's not really what I'm talking about. USC has gone back and forth with its facemask, from gray to its red back to gray and I think Michigan has done the same. That kind of cosmetic stuff's not the same as something like A&M wearing maroon helmets for 30 years and then digging up its white ones, which is both a derivative and inferior look for them.
To your other post, sure, there are other iconic helmets in CFB. Those are the three most iconic. If we wanted to expand beyond three, the first one I'd put up there next is probably Florida State. 
Changing the base color of your helmet like LSU is doing this weekend is a --100-- Aggie thing to do. 

know how i know you don’t know shit about LSU?

USATSI_8868926.jpg

1995jpg-0d44c400c5a0ae4c.jpg

1997jpg-2a2aad06b3ae4ac7.jpg

1998jpg-7ad35de09c423a48.jpg

30nwsky-bc8d3a808bcdfcac.jpg

29lsu10jpg-3558cbc207b35a93.jpg

23lsufb0266jpg-75ca6e9fa22aa16a.jpg

strike-three-penalties-pile-on-tooffensive-issues-c6536a9f9e1035f1.jpg

lsugoldjpg-ba3f23372c008f04.jpg

we started wearing alternates back in 1995...this is nothing new for us at all.

your iconography narrative is utter bullshit.
  • Like 2

Says the LSU fan posting on a Texas fan site.

Did Kevin Morgan get to keep your personality along w/the Shaggy domain name?

lol...i’ve been here for years, starting with its earliest manifestation with Hornfans, to Shaggy to Surly. and many, many good folks on here can vouch for me.

who the ever living fuck are YOU?

whoever you are, you seem like you need your ass kicked.

• Like 3

On 10/20/2018 at 1:16 PM, Kyrie Eleison said:

know how i know you don’t know shit about LSU?

USATSI_8868926.jpg

1995jpg-0d44c400c5a0ae4c.jpg

1997jpg-2a2aad06b3ae4ac7.jpg

1998jpg-7ad35de09c423a48.jpg

30nwsky-bc8d3a808bcdfcac.jpg

29lsu10jpg-3558cbc207b35a93.jpg

23lsufb0266jpg-75ca6e9fa22aa16a.jpg

strike-three-penalties-pile-on-tooffensive-issues-c6536a9f9e1035f1.jpg

lsugoldjpg-ba3f23372c008f04.jpg

we started wearing alternates back in 1995...this is nothing new for us at all.

your iconography narrative is utter bullshit.

That first look with the white helmets is gooooorgeous. Perfect alternates.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Machinator said:

They should just always do that. Florida's gator head isn't a particularly great logo (though it is a cool mascot).

EDIT: Of course they always have script on their helmets, I'm a dumbass. Thanks @randygilman. Still think their logo could be better, though.

Edited by texifornia