Ladies and Gentlemen.....THE ROLLING STONES!!

Delta Charlie

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 8:50 PM, Deej said:

Exile on Main Street is possibly the greatest album ever. 

And it might not even be The Stones's best album.  I could argue for both Let It Bleed and Sticky Fingers (I could argue for Exile too).

The sequencing of Let It Bleed is perfect.  You start and end with songs that could equally be argued as the greatest rock songs of all time.  It never drags.  The exact mid point is the title, which is a brilliant country song.  The whole album is a perfect intersection of rock, blues, and country.  Every single song is fantastic.  The only knock on this album is how they didn't credit Robert Johnson properly on Love In Vain.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m not really familiar much with this band but I heard this today for the first time and I thought holy shit that’s a song the stones should be doing. So I thought I’d post here.

Talk is Cheap is a fucking MONSTER. Didn't Charlie Watts reportedly say that it was the Stones album they'd been failing to make for over a decade when he first heard it? But it's clear that Keith could only make that album without Mick. Had it been a typical Glimmer Twins production it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as Keef wouldn't have worked as hard and Mick likely would have tried to sweeten it up and make it more pop radio friendly. In the end we're just lucky to have gotten it.

• Hook 'Em 1

I read an interview at the time with Keith where he said he invited Mick to his house to listen to the final cut. Mick didn't seem impressed, and Keith pretended to go to the bathroom while it was playing, snuck back and peeked around the corner to find Mick dancing to it, then went back and loudly closed the bathroom door, walked back out to find Mick just sitting on the sofa, looking nonplussed.