Tulane @ Houston

TexasMan

3 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It’s UT’s fault. If we would just let them in the Big XXVII all of the local interest would swell the conference coffers

Coworker of mine took her daughter to Houston's homecoming game last week for a campus tour and posted a video on FB. Holy shit, it was homecoming and the place was deserted. Turrible. 

The commuter school excuse for UH is pretty terrible... They have lots of on campus housing now..

Moreover, over the last ten years, the area has gone from very ghetto to somewhat ghetto. 

But generally speaking, it’s because most UH fans are front runners and they have lost two straight games.

• Like 4

Ed Oliver is fucking good. Real good. May be the best pick in the draft

but every interview ive read and every time ive heard the guy talk, he comes off like a douche. His 4 page spread in DCTF this year was cringeworthy. Talks about how full of himself he is, how he didnt even really wanna go to U of H, how he refers to himself in the 3rd person all the time, etc

I need more background around Ed Oliver's injury. This screams a coach that's fed up with a guy that could probably be playing but he's sitting out for precautionary reasons since he's about to be a 10 player. Maybe I'm wrong and Oliver's injury is serious and this is the medical staff's decision. 

But being it's a policy for "active players" this screams a coach that's pissed off at Oliver for not playing. 

Edited by texasstrong12

18 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Ed Oliver is fucking good. Real good. May be the best pick in the draft

but every interview ive read and every time ive heard the guy talk, he comes off like a douche. His 4 page spread in DCTF this year was cringeworthy. Talks about how full of himself he is, how he didnt even really wanna go to U of H, how he refers to himself in the 3rd person all the time, etc

Yep, this wreaks of a guy who is holding this "you should be thankful I chose this place" mentality over Major's and this staffs head. He thinks he is bigger than the program, and well, lets just say he picked the wrong guy and HC to try and pull that shit on. Good for Major.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Just let the dogs out to pee... and I live less than 5 miles from the stadium

its barely cold outside at all right now... why did he need a jacket over his hoodie?

Because he is Ed Oliver, 5 star DT, and Houston should be lucky that he blessed them with his presence. Houston should be lucky they get to breathe the same air as Ed Oliver.

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Just let the dogs out to pee... and I live less than 5 miles from the stadium

its barely cold outside at all right now... why did he need a jacket over his hoodie?

That's what I was thinking too. 2 days ago maybe. But it's 50 and no wind. 

8 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

They showed some clips of Oliver before the game. Jumping , running , catching,  light on his feet bouncing around.... That dude isn't hurt.   Good for Major taking a stand.

Yeah, Applewhite is clearly fed up with the fact he's sitting out when he can play. I have no issue with Oliver sitting out but go the Bosa route. If you aren't going to play follow the rules or just get out of dodge and start training for the NFL. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Texas25 said:

Yep, this wreaks of a guy who is holding this "you should be thankful I chose this place" mentality over Major's and this staffs head. He thinks he is bigger than the program, and well, lets just say he picked the wrong guy and HC to try and pull that shit on. Good for Major.

He kind of is bigger than that program though. The biggest recruit they ever landed and will likely be their highest draft pick ever. Doesn't excuse his behavior, but still.