Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

6:35a.  In the Vonlane to Fort Worth.  All Longhorn fans, obviously.  Couple of Surlyfans by the looks of this crew.  Onboard "attendant" is quite cute.  Rocking a very tight skirt and thigh-high boots.  

I am sad to report that they cannot legally serve me a beer until 7:01a..

or so the rule was just explained to me.  sorry for double post, it's too damn early.  

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Where is a place to watch in Dublin Ireland. Google is of no assistance 

Email Carra Kane.  She's in London last I heard.  But she is sorta the coordinator for all things Texas Exes in the UK (yes, I know Dublin isn't part of it...best I can do for you).  

carrakane@alumni.utexas.net

She'll say there's no official chapter or watch party in Dublin.  Acknowledge that but then remind her that she's got contact info for everybody from the Channel to Belfast.  Ask her if she's got anybody in Dublin.  She'll have a handful.  One of them will know where to watch and you'll have a little cohort to watch the game and raise hell with.  

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

6:35a.  In the Vonlane to Fort Worth.  All Longhorn fans, obviously.  Couple of Surlyfans by the looks of this crew.  Onboard "attendant" is quite cute.  Rocking a very tight skirt and thigh-high boots.  

I am sad to report that they cannot legally serve me a beer until 7:01a.m  

I was asking myself what the hell a vonlane was. Looked it up, and holy shit that looks fucking awesome! Is this your first time on those or do you travel often on them? I see that they sync up with game times. 

12 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Where is a place to watch in Dublin Ireland. Google is of no assistance 

My other idea is to call the Foreign Affairs desk in Dublin.  Tell them what game you are looking for.  They'll act like you're annoying or they don't know what you're talking about.  Tell them you know their Consulate General in Austin (yep, they have an office here). Adrian Farrell (and his Vice Consul)...Paul Breen.  I can't remember which one, but one of them is a big Longhorn fan.  Anyway, call +353 1 408 2000     They love helping with shit like this.  Speaking of Dublin, time for me to crack open my first beer.  

My Vonlane round-trip cost less than 1-way Southwest flight and I'll get there at roughly the same time.  Wouldn't exactly call it expensive.  If you can afford a ticket on a discount air carrier, you can afford a Vonlane.  Plus I'm "working" right now, so hey---business expense.  

And the cool part is I probably won't die on the way home this evening after the game.  Because yes, it's cheaper to drive yourself to Arlington.  But no way would I be in any shape to drive home after the game for 4 hours. 

Edited by Lobo

Using google maps, there's a few bars around the stadium where I can meet my seatmates.  However, they all just have their usual business hours listed.  Who is open at 10:00a around there that's easy to get in/out of?  Or relatively, easier.  

6 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Stadium isnt split on the 50s.  Many of yall are going to be sitting next to inbreds you're not used to.  The stories are going to be fantastic.

Remember to crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

Appropriate the two little twin girl shitheads in our preschool are named Lincoln and Riley.  

when they ask in 20 years in their college history class where the Sooners are now...my daughter gets to look at them and say, "They are dust..."  

My Vonlane round-trip cost less than 1-way Southwest flight and I'll get there at roughly the same time.  Wouldn't exactly call it expensive.  If you can afford a ticket on a discount air carrier, you can afford a Vonlane.  Plus I'm "working" right now, so hey---business expense.  
And the cool part is I probably won't die on the way home this evening after the game.  Because yes, it's cheaper to drive yourself to Arlington.  But no way would I be in any shape to drive home after the game for 4 hours. 

How in the hell do you make Jumbo Jacks on a Vonlane?
  • Like 1

Today will be revenge for 2008. They had NO business going to the MNC over us. I still remember Switzer’s shit-eating grin on national tv when they announced the championship game teams. Now it’s our turn to fuck them over, so much so it will be hard for them to get unfucked. And when Tom holds that championship trophy today, he better have a nice, big, shit-eating grin.

Fuck ou.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1