Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Left Coast said:

Fucking phenomenal if true. Go on the offensive and damage Russia’s ability to fund the war. Hopefully more of Russia’s oil infrastructure is within striking distance of Ukraine.

Yep.  But this is also where shit gets really damn dicey re:Putin’s insanity.  

• Like 2

Something I wonder is whether all of the heavy machinery isn't just being abandoned.  We know the Russian troops were unsure and uniformed  about where they were going and why.   If they were aware that this was all supposed to be over in 3 days and we're at day 36 now, morale is abysmally low, we know they are short on rations and cold weather gear.   

The logical thing to think is that some of these vehicles were knocked out early on and we're just know getting them into the count.  But others are being left behind by troops that just don't give a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

This just came out. 

This is just my own  likely dumb musing, at least until Ukraine makes a statement.

Hoping not to jinx it, but having Ukraine hit the Russians on their own turf would be phenomenal, but if the Russians are claiming Ukraine attacked Belgorod, what are the odds the Russians carried out a false-flag op on their own fuel depot? 

Edited by TejanoAtUT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck yeah

They can't defend their own boarder, which is fucking hilarious.  Two 40 year old helicopters of their own design, just defeated their radar and bombed their fuel supply in their own country.  This is 3rd world kind of shit for a military.  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Slight repost but the top line is insane.  First air strike on Russia since WW2.  Talk about FAFO.

I’ve been waiting for it. I think the Ukes smell blood in the water and rightly need to go strategic. Can’t run an army without gas.

I love the Russian response of “it’ll hurt talks.” Yeah, it’ll hurt your side because you’re losing. You know what else hurts talks? Invading Ukraine and killing innocents and bombing hospitals you miserable fucks.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Auto Driller said:

So it looks like Russia invaded with 200k troops so that they could commit petty theft and then retreat? This Putin guy is a genius.

kind of like a panty raid with more collateral damage 

I realize one of the tweets above said this already, but I promise, as I woke up this morn and read the details and vids on the Belgorod attack,

I immediately realized those guys had to go Map Of Earth for probably 100+ Km, cross the boarder, go another 50Km or so, avoid anti air defenses (that are supposed to be FUCKING SUBSTANTIAL), drag their nuts on the oil depot, and return home, probably another 150Km under very real retaliatory threat.

and all I could think (again before I saw the tweet) was holy fuck the balls of those 4? pilots and copilots are fucking huge.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

This isn't close to over yet.  Let's wait before we count chickens.

True true. Obviously it depends on what “lost” means. But he’s at least empowered nato and pushed a substantial part of Europe away. It’ll be decades before Russia has any credibility. While today there’s a tactical loss, I think the long term strategic loss has already occurred. It just depends on how ping Europe can keep united against Russia which is a legit concern, to determine the depth of that loss.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I realize one of the tweets above said this already, but I promise, as I woke up this morn and read the details and vids on the Belgorod attack,
I immediately realized those guys had to go Map Of Earth for probably 100+ Km, cross the boarder, go another 50Km or so, avoid anti air defenses (that are supposed to be FUCKING SUBSTANTIAL), drag their nuts on the oil depot, and return home, probably another 150Km under very real retaliatory threat.
and all I could think (again before I saw the tweet) was holy fuck the balls of those 4? pilots and copilots are fucking huge.

Kind of wish they’d done multiples at once. All strategic reserves within reach simultaneously. But that’s just a jack off sitting across an ocean taking.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Kind of wish they’d done multiples at once. All strategic reserves within reach simultaneously. But that’s just a jack off sitting across an ocean taking.

Sobering thought: they may have launched multiple attacks and that's the only one that got through.

Happy thought: they may have used that attack to cover something of greater import.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Okay this is surprising/interesting. 

It's "safe" for them to do so now.  They now know that Russia's military is a joke and they can kick them while their down without fear of (major) reprisal.

Plus, Georgian leadership has probably watched the groundswell of support coming from everyday Georgians and know this will play well at the ballot box.

Edited by Macanudo

It’s Doolittle Raid level symbolism, with the added bonus that a fuel depot at Belograd has more strategic impact in terms of Russia’s ability to operate in northern Ukraine.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Sobering thought: they may have launched multiple attacks and that's the only one that got through.
Happy thought: they may have used that attack to cover something of greater import.

Or it could just be a reminder that the UAF is still there and capable. I’m wondering how long until they say “any planes you fly within x miles of the border will be considered part of the war zone, deemed hostile and subject to attack.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Im betting they got some sweet 3rd gen NVGs in a care package at some point and put them to use. The scariest thing about NOE isn’t terrain or trees, it’s wires. My guess is that part of the world doesn’t have a lot of transmission lines between the target and home soil, so this wouldn’t be that rough. This is another huge exposure about the Russian military though, that border was supposed to be an AA wall.  The only thing saving Russia’s ass at this point are those nukes, because NATO would run an absolute train if a couple of KA-52s can roll in and out without taking a shot.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

because NATO would run an absolute train if a couple of KA-52s can roll in and out without taking a shot.

hold on though,  all we know is 2 Helo's made it to Belgorod,  we dont know they got back safe, we dont know how many took off in the attack.

if it was 4, and 2 got shot down thats still a very good attack in terms of actual destruction/propaganda.   But If Ukraine lost like 10 birds in this attack and arent telling anyone, yeah, that kinda means that AA wall was there and active.

however, the complete lack of ANY return fire in the vids above does tend to lead to the conclusion that it was just a few birds that flew in on the attack and that the Russians had no idea they were there until they attacked.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

This isn't close to over yet.  Let's wait before we count chickens.

This.  100% this.

This got me thinking about all the cheers about the inept Russian advances.  I forgot the Russians lost almost 100K men to the Finnish.  Europe chided them for their inept showing, and according to some historians, helped change the mind (or advance his timetable) Of Hitler to break their alliance and invade.  We all know how that turned out.

Napoleon as well.  Bolstered by earlier victories, the Russians "ripe" to be taken over.  Again, sound familiar?  

I hope the UA can hold on, but Russia and throw a smothering blanket of men at them.  Overconfidence can lead to rash decisions - talks of a NFZ, direct NATO involvement, etc.  Here's to hoping we stay the course in supplying aid and material to the UA, but a direct conflict can see this spill over if we are not careful.

Edited by BabaYaga

16 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It’s Doolittle Raid level symbolism, with the added bonus that a fuel depot at Belograd has more strategic impact in terms of Russia’s ability to operate in northern Ukraine.

And the Russians are going to have to weigh pulling some of their AA out of Ukraine to guard areas near the border.  

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This.  100% this.

This got me thinking about all the cheers about the inept Russian advances.  I forgot the Russians lost almost 100K men to the Finnish.  Europe chided them for their inept showing, and according to some historians, helped change the mind (or advance his timetable) Of Hitler to break their alliance and invade.  We all know how that turned out.

Napoleon as well.  Bolstered by earlier victories, the Russians "ripe" to be taken over.  Again, sound familiar?  

I hope the UA can hold on, but Russia and throw a smothering blanket of men at them.  Overconfidence can lead to rash decisions - talks of a NFZ, direct NATO involvement, etc.  Here's to hoping we stay the course in supplying aid and material to the UA, but a direct conflict can see this spill over if we are not careful.

I think the difference in both of your examples and the current affair is that the subsequent fights (Hitler and Napoleon) were on Russian soil.  So long as UA stays with the home field advantage their dynamic does not change

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This.  100% this.

The war w/ the Fins is a fair comparison.  However, in the case of WWII, the Russians had American economic and military might behind/aligned with them, now it's aligned against them.  And Napoleon was the invader with stretched/broken supply lines, in this case, it's Russia fighting against an inflamed, patriotic populous, and it's the Russians with shitty logistics. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, hersh95 said:

I think the difference in both of your examples and the current affair is that the subsequent fights (Hitler and Napoleon) were on Russian soil.  So long as UA stays with the home field advantage their dynamic does not change

It ended there, but was precipitated by failed Russian advances.  We get into a shooting war with Russia, borders mean little.  The point was initial hubris can often lead to failed campaigns.  We need to slow our roll a little here.

• Hook 'Em 2

Back to Japan claiming sovereignty over the southern Kuril Islands. Man I wish other countries like Finland who have lost territory to Russia would follow suit. Seems it would be the best way to help Ukraine right now short of direct NATO involvement. Divert Russia's military resources and attention from Ukraine. And, playing the long game, could help take out Putin. I know support for the Ukraine war is strong now, but if Putin came out of this with nothing of value gained in Ukraine, and loss of territory to Japan, Finland, etc., I imagine his support would take a huge hit in the homeland. Combined with sanctions eventually taking a huge toll on Russians, I don't see how Putin could survive it.

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The war w/ the Fins is a fair comparison.  However, in the case of WWII, the Russians had American economic and military might behind/aligned with them, now it's aligned against them.  And Napoleon was the invader with stretched/broken supply lines, in this case, it's Russia fighting against an inflamed, patriotic populous, and it's the Russians with shitty logistics. 

Absolutely.  But we get into a "real" war with Russia, it won't stop (assuming no nukes) at Russia's border.  It won't be like the first gulf war where we "just stop".  They can marshal untold numbers in defense of their homeland.  We've seen them stumble before, only to coalesce and fuck people up.   

Let's not get out over our skis just yet.  This is only the first quarter....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2