Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Then lock them out of the rest of the world. 100% sanctions. No commerce. No Russians allowed to travel to sanctioning countries. Nothing. If they aren’t willing to be members of the civilized world, then they don’t get the privileges of membership. Let them starve. The oligarchs will thrive, the rest will wither and die. Return to the worst days of the Soviet Union. This is what they want - it’s their authoritarian dream. Let them live it.

More and more places around the world won't sell RU ships fuel.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

14 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

there's not going to be some global boycott of an oil rich country for any meaningful length of time.

Doesn't have to be for years, and the boycotts are already impacting Russian society - Putting aside Russian YouTubers whining up a fucking storm about all of the companies that have left, it's going to be hard for Russia in the short-term to both rebuild their lost military hardware, and also to export military hardware (could be several years since Putin's paranoid enough to want to rebuild his inventory first).

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

if Russia says fuck it and stops selling oil and gas to Europe, can they sell enough to India and China China to keep their economy going?

A part of me thinks Putin has to be more worried about what Russia can import, and what Russia needs to import to keep factories and stores open, and to restart production lines for certain things.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

…. it's going to be hard for Russia in the short-term to both rebuild their lost military hardware, and also to export military hardware (could be several years since Putin's paranoid enough to want to rebuild his inventory first).

Without an army to threaten domestic and foreign opponents, his former means of enforcing foreign policy has taken a huge hit.   Chinese weapons dealers have a giant erection that will last more than 4 hours.   

That BBC article that was mentioned earlier, about tracking deaths among certain units.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60946340

In any war, there are units that distinguish themselves and others that become symbolic of failure. The 331st Guards Parachute Regiment had high hopes of being the first, but now represents the disintegration of Russia's plan for a quick war.

The regiment's commanding officer, Col Sergei Sukharev, was killed in Ukraine on 13 March, and was posthumously awarded the Hero of the Russian Federation medal. At his funeral, deputy defence minister General Yuri Sadovenko said the colonel "lived for the future, for the future of our people, a future without Nazism".

Casualties among Russian forces are not widely reported in Russia itself, but using open source material, the BBC has pieced together the story of their advance, and found that at least 39 other members of the elite 331st regiment have died.

The men were part of a column that advanced into Ukraine from Belarus, led by Russia's airborne forces, known by the acronym VDV. Their presence underlined the priority of their objective - advancing on the capital, Kyiv.

The men in the 331st regarded themselves as the pick of Russia's army. In a video posted online last May, a general tells soldiers of the 331st Parachute Regiment that they are "the best of the best". The unit served in the Balkans, Chechnya, and the 2014 Russian intervention in the Donbas region of Ukraine, and regularly took part in Red Square parades in Moscow.

The 331st was also a showcase for Russia's policy of replacing national service soldiers with contraktniki - professionals under contract. It is understandable why the generals should have given it an important role in the invasion.

As the funerals started, an anguished conversation began playing out on social media. Memorial walls on V'Kontakte - the Russian equivalent of Facebook - pledge "eternal memory" and feature pictures of candles.

Although many posts appear to accept Kremlin explanations that the war is being waged against Ukrainian fascists, some also display anxiety about the lack of reliable information.

On the memorial wall for Sergeant Sergei Duganov, one woman wrote: "Nobody knows anything. The 331st regiment is disappearing. Almost every day, photos of our Kostroma boys get published. It sends shivers down my spine. What's happening? When will this end? When will people stop dying?"

Her post was followed by another, which exclaimed: "Kostroma has lost so many young men, what a tragedy". Another pleaded: "God, how many more death notifications shall we receive? Please have mercy on our boys, help them survive, return them back home to their wives and mothers. I'm begging you!"

Speaking out about the war in Russia carries great risks, but there are hints of a loss of faith in the Kremlin's arguments for war. On the memorial page for one sergeant, a woman asks: "Why aren't children of MPs not on the frontline? The majority of them live in Europe anyway. Ordinary boys are dying for no good reason." Another uses an expletive to describe President Vladimir Putin, and goes on to say that by deciding to "play war" he has "sent thousands of guys to die".

For the most part though, those reacting on social media remain true to the official narrative.

On some V'Kontakte memorial walls, Ukrainians have posted comments mocking the dead men. "Over 15,000 have died already and they will continue on dying as long as they'll keep on marching on our land. Nobody invited you freaking saviours," reads one.

"Alexander, go away you bloody Nazi," a Russian responds to another mocking post. "Our soldiers are real heroes. Russians have never killed civilians nor children, which is something you can't say about Ukrainians."

As for the price of failure, it mounts daily. At the time of writing, BBC Newsnight had compiled a list of 39 named members of the 331st Parachute Regiment killed in Ukraine. But since none of those fatalities is more recent than the 13 March, it can be supposed that dozens more will emerge in the coming weeks.

Kostroma locals have told us they believe that around 100 members of the regiment may have died. And many families will never receive their loved one's body because it was left behind on the battlefield.

Even a conservative projection of the deaths we now know about, and their dates, suggest that the town's losses in a few weeks in Ukraine already exceed those from the conflicts in Afghanistan and Chechnya. 

The regiment that set off full of confidence in February has acquired the type of reputation that no soldiers would ever want.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is a really good thread on how there’s more to the story than Russian logistics, training, and C2 failure.

Which is more damaging? Having a bad game plan? Or poor execution?

Well Russia is demonstrating what happens when you poorly execute a bad game plan.

It will be interesting to see what kind of half time adjustments they make.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

The difference with the Falaise pocket was mechanized units that were fast moving.  I do not know if the UA has this capability?  This was facilitated by a massive breakout from the Normandy invasion and OVERWHELMING air power. 

Heavy rain in that area yesterday.  RU is going to have to use main roads to get out. TUGS time.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44803/russian-attack-helicopters-are-now-wildly-lobbing-rockets-over-ukraine

Really good article showing the absolutely idiotic flying Russian helo pilots are doing now. Still flying daylight sorties, but because they are terrified of manpads, they are popping up, lobbing pointless unguided rockets, then dumping flares and altitude trying to get away. 

3 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

This guy needs the Nobel.  Actually, he doesn't.  Hero.

the people that win the Nobel Prize for Peace typically don't go around telling every camera, "I really should be getting the Nobel Prize.  Lotta people are saying I should win it, but who knows?..."  Which of course, Chef doesn't do.  So maybe...

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/44803/russian-attack-helicopters-are-now-wildly-lobbing-rockets-over-ukraine

Really good article showing the absolutely idiotic flying Russian helo pilots are doing now. Still flying daylight sorties, but because they are terrified of manpads, they are popping up, lobbing pointless unguided rockets, then dumping flares and altitude trying to get away. 
So what you're telling me....this is equivalent to me as a boy slingshot'n my way across a field of trees and then hauling ass before I get hit back by Johnny.

Russians are truly clueless when it comes to weapon employment and the associated TTPs to maximize your ordinance and airframe. Fuck Russia!
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

So what you're telling me....this is equivalent to me as a boy slingshot'n my way across a field of trees and then hauling ass before I get hit back by Johnny.

Russians are truly clueless when it comes to weapon employment and the associated TTPs to maximize your ordinance and airframe. Fuck Russia!

My guess is they are told to go out and hit the enemy, and if they come back with stuff in their pods there are consequences. This is someone trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 8:39 AM, BabaYaga said:

Everyone is high fiving over a few thousand dead Russians.  They gave up a hundred thousand against the Fins.  The aggregate isn't the point.  The point is they are willing and have shown they will blanket a conflict with millions of people and sacrifice them if necessary.  We will not.  Europe will not.  

Those were old school pre ww2 Russians. Today's Russians are not the same. They're modern McDonalds eating, smart phone carrying, spoiled by technology soft people like we are. They could mount a defense if they're invaded but I highly doubt they're willing to lose hundreds of thousands or millions in a conflict to "de-nazi" another country. The average spoiled 21st century Russian doesn't give a shit about that. 

Putin is already having morale issues and it's only going to get worse the longer this goes. As long as nobody invades Russia, which absolutely no one is considering doing, then he has a time table that is getting shorter for ending this thing. 

My guess is they are told to go out and hit the enemy, and if they come back with stuff in their pods there are consequences. This is someone trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. 
You're on to something there. People forget the cost associated to train pilots (plus proficiency) on airframes isn't cheap. When I worked F-22s it was almost $70K per flight hour. Having air dominance and pilots who can drop a JDAM on a ants ass in the middle of Sudan at 20K feet doesn't come cheap. MURICA!

14 hours ago, pops said:

Yep. They done. Putin just sent them back to 1970 and it isn't changing. Hope the younger generation enjoyed a quasi taste of freedom for the past 20 or so years. Now I hope they enjoy wiping their ass with rubles trying to figure out why instagram doesn't work. 

Now,  fuck China. Isn't there somewhere else nike and apple can pay slave wages to workers?

We have to be careful with this. Right now their population is soft and spoiled by tech like we are. If we remove that for extended time they will get radicalized and hardened over time. We don't need a radicalized and hardened nation carrying enough nukes to wipe everyone out. 

We need to be making it clear to them that things can go back to normal for them if they stop this aggression and get out of Ukraine. To learn the lesson about invading their neighbors. They have to have a light at the end of the tunnel to motivate them. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dimyh said:

Which is more damaging? Having a bad game plan? Or poor execution?

Well Russia is demonstrating what happens when you poorly execute a bad game plan.

It will be interesting to see what kind of half time adjustments they make.

If the last 10 years of Texas football have taught me anything, it's to not expect much out of a shitty coach. I'm betting that the rooski version of Greg Davis is about to dial up a brand new bubble screen package for the second half for their OU weekend

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

14 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

We have to be careful with this. Right now their population is soft and spoiled by tech like we are. If we remove that for extended time they will get radicalized and hardened over time. We don't need a radicalized and hardened nation carrying enough nukes to wipe everyone out. 

We need to be making it clear to them that things can go back to normal for them if they stop this aggression and get out of Ukraine. To learn the lesson about invading their neighbors. They have to have a light at the end of the tunnel to motivate them. 

Things aren't going to go back to pre-February-24th "normal" for them, for decades.  But sure, we can tell them it'll all be fine if they just withdraw.

• Hook 'Em 1

Thoughts and questions after catching up

If the generals can't tell the leader how bad it is going because they're not going to survive the report how do they adapt tactics or strategy?

Chinese tires and parts are still going to be shitty after this is done. Not doing preventative maintenance will get them the same results.

Graveyard don't lie. Even if Putin does.

That's some extraordinarily awful attempts at camo. 

331 stuck north of Kyiv? Fuck'em. Starve them out. 

I don't give a damn if Jose Andres is tooting his own horn. He has been in the weeds since this thing started. I have confidence he will use the money we sent to feed people.

• Hook 'Em 4

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Less “stuff” to them means more “stuff” to us to fill backorders right?  Like components, chips, gaming consoles, etc?  Win/win?

They didn't consume much of this stuff compared to the market at large 

44 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If the generals can't tell the leader how bad it is going because they're not going to survive the report how do they adapt tactics or strategy?

They don’t and they can’t. This is Putins show and he’s calling all of the shots.

• Hook 'Em 2

This guy needs the Nobel.  Actually, he doesn't.  Hero.

Isn’t there a decently sized financial award that goes along with a Nobel win?  He’d probably put it all into the kitchen, so yes he needs to win. 

And he would. While he deliberately creates visibility for what he’s doing, it’s to drum up support and donations to WCK.
He’s a great guy doing great things.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Things aren't going to go back to pre-February-24th "normal" for them, for decades.  But sure, we can tell them it'll all be fine if they just withdraw.

First post is true, but so is the second. There’s no soft landing here. Just some less hard ones.
Bottom line, I think Russia and its people are going to be significant enemies of the west for the next generation or two.
They did it to themselves. This is how they wanted it to be, so this is how it be. Fuck em.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bottom line, I think Russia and its people are going to be significant enemies of the west for the next generation or two.

I really dont think this line is true (as long as they dont do something stupid like WMDs)   

Time does funny shit to peoples minds.  especially if they arent reminded of being scared every 6 months or so. 

all you have to do is look at the news right now here in the US.... the war is basically an after-report.   all that really gets publicized is the individual prego woman  atrocity here or there. The average american 15-30 year old crowd isnt really talking about this at all unless they are personally impacted in some way.  That same group didnt grow up with duck and cover and The Day After, Red Dawn, and Rocky 4.  

There are probably a shitload of Americans who followed the Russian insta / social media stars who would be happy to watch them again. 

I realize West Europe is a bit different in that they have been reminded that America is the only super power that doesnt want to attack everyone.  

I could very easily see things about 80% of pre Feb 24 in 5 years or so.   Only the oldest Millenials barely remember Russia being a danger until a month ago.  Gen Y kept hearing it from their grandparents, but they dont really believe it because again, they saw the Russian Insta stars online and they were normal people. 

The opinion polls in Russia show support increasing for Putin.  Brisket is right.  This is crystallizing whatever fucked up mentality got them to accept Putin.  They are all in on this bullshit and they need to suffer for it.  

I am of the mindset that there will be some kind of tactical WMD used to try and stop hostilities when Russia sees an endpoint.  It’s the only way they can stop Ukraine from rolling their gains all the way back.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yesterday, April 1, the racists decided to intensify the offensive in several directions. However, such a large amount of equipment did not go unnoticed by our guys. Therefore, the occupiers were waiting for a "warm" meeting. 1/2

This is how the inhabitants of the liberated settlements meet our military ❤️🇺🇦

Further losses of Russians in the Chernihiv region. 5 more trucks with supply and fuel. They were destroyed by Ukrainian fire last week, but were captured recently

Heroes without weapons!

Every day, sappers of the Interregional Center for Humanitarian Demining and Rapid Response of the SES of Ukraine perform their duties in wartime.

Lithuania completely abandoned the use of Russian gas 🇱🇹🤝🇺🇦

Positions of Russian marauders

• Hook 'Em 2

Mariupol, a car with the inscription "CHILDREN" shot and a destroyed building. The second photo shows what it looked like before the war.

The Russians feared that the "dill" was hiding somewhere ahead. And we did not hide, but went behind 🙃

Special forces do their job. - GS 1/2

The National Guards won trophy Russian equipment in the battles.

During the fighting in Kyiv, one of the units of the National Guard of Ukraine acquired trophy Russian equipment SAU 2C3 and MT-LB.

Trophy damaged 2C3 "Acacia"

During the fighting in the Chernihiv region, the "Right Sector" damaged and seized a Russian transporter-loader 9T452 for MLRS 9K57 "Hurricane".

The soldiers greet the Kadyrovites

• Hook 'Em 1

Solovyov was buried
 It turned out them * evo -
 Torn apart like a button accordion
 margarita simonyan. 🎶

Trophy command and staff car R-149MA1 russian. In the background you can see a burning fuel truck.

After the recent fighting in the Chernihiv region, Ukrainian troops captured a 152-mm Russian 2C19 Msta-C self-propelled howitzer in working order.

BMP-3 racists tore to pieces. The work of the 130th Battalion.

The flag of Ukraine was hoisted at the Chornobyl NPP and the Ukrainian national anthem was played.

The operational staff of the station took part in the flag-raising ceremony

Mariupol today. The photo shows a destroyed Russian T-72B3 tank.

Rusnya tried to take washing machines out of Bucha.

• Hook 'Em 1

And he would. While he deliberately creates visibility for what he’s doing, it’s to drum up support and donations to WCK.
He’s a great guy doing great things.
Yep, absolutely this. Big ego or not he's fucking on the ground in a war zone helping refugees. His balls are bigger than his ego. Good for him.

The watch community held an auction to support his efforts at www.wck.org and raised a quarter million dollars.

His visibility was a big part of the decision to hold that auction and support World Central Kitchen. So hopefully he keeps it up. Screenshot_20220328-075116_Instagram.thumb.jpg.a630f929bd95434e6f95a65b92c3ef0e.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 5

Chernihiv farmers work 🚜 🇺🇦

Dmytrivka. If you think they retreated of their own accord, no. The heat was terrible.

Glory to the Soldiers of Ukraine!

The Russian T-72B3M was destroyed in the Chernihiv region.

CNN has published new satellite images of Maxar Technologies from Antonov Airport in Gostomel.

Irpin.

Some Russian cunt stole a man's car and looted settlements.

‼️ In Energodar they started to shut down the connection!

The wired Internet is gone, and phone calls are also impossible. The racists are acting so that the world does not know about their crimes against peaceful energy donors! In particular, today's explosions and mass shelling of innocent people.

• Hook 'Em 1