Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

49 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The Neptune missiles are launched from a truck-mounted mobile launcher and in tests have hit targets up to 100 Km away.  It looks like they were designed for use against smaller ships up to 5,000 tons.  The Moscow has a displacement of 12,490 tons.  It would be interesting to see what two Neptune hits did to it.  I'm sure the there are pictures of the damage floating around the Pentagon

They probably trashed it pretty good if they really hit it.  I don't think it's quite as big of a warhead as a Harpoon (and definitely not as big as something like a Tomahawk) but its still few hundred pounds of explosives x2.    

Hell, with what Russian Navy damage control is probably like, they might have sunk the thing.  

Edited by MadBurgerMaker
pounds, not points

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Not verified, but interesting list. M-113's? Damn they are old and proven to get blown up. But good for auxiliary support. Coastal vessels is interesting. Artillery and counter battery radars are going to be fun to watch. Will be able to eat up some Ruskie batteries. Shit is going to look like the Western Front when done. Now it looks like WW2. 

The Howitzers have already been spotted being shipped to the Polish border.  We are not announcing in real time.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Please make this so. Also noted there was a USAF E-3 in the area. 

Hit the rescue boats.

The Russians do a double delayed strike to kill unarmed first responders.  This is much more legit.  If it's Russian military, kill it.

The Moscow is their Black Sea flagship, BTW.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 7

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hit the rescue boats.

The Russians do a double delayed strike to kill unarmed first responders.  This is much more legit.  If it's Russian military, kill it.

The Moscow is their Black Sea flagship, BTW.

beat me to it. Hit the rescue boats and let the Moscow burn. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

All these weapons designers have to love the fact that their babies are out there getting to perform in the real world. The Neptune is a pretty new system, right? I assume this is the first time it’s been used in an actual conflict.

n March 2021, the Ukrainian Navy obtained the first units of the RK-360MC Neptune.[2]

6 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

All these weapons designers have to love the fact that their babies are out there getting to perform in the real world. The Neptune is a pretty new system, right? I assume this is the first time it’s been used in an actual conflict.

The sales pitches are getting ready to get insane:

PXAOG7XBDVEZVAIF7RTC3U5M34.jpg

Sir, you and this weapon were made for each other.  What is it gonna take for you to drive home under the watchful eye of this armed drone today?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

This might also in part may be the reason why Putin is in the process of doing a Satlin-era style purge in the FSB that was supposed to be managing the infiltration of Ukraine and the lead up to the invasion. If I were Putin, I would be pissed at this point because up to the invasion, the plan was working, and all it took is the invasion to succeed quickly and everyone else would have been forced to play ball on this. Now the world is united against him and we are seeing NATO being pressed closer to him, not farther away. Anyone that helped plan the invasion is going to be put to the question to help save face internally.

He could also be doing a purge of sorts, because he's now seen as weak - even if the typical Russian citizen buys into the propaganda being spewed by the state media, the people around Putin, including the FSB people, are going to know the truth.  Whether he is angry at them for misleading him, or is scared that they could stage a coup, the end result is the same - he's got to purge people to stay in power.

I feel like the 100+ FSB personnel that were purged were probably not chosen at random - he would have had some kind of spies within the FSB reporting directly to him (or a proxy such as his National Guard commander).  He would have probably purged the people who were directly reporting the top people he purged, or who had been flagged in some way by his spies.  That motherfucker in no way trusted the FSB, because he came out of that culture.  

/end Tom Clancy

With this now dragging on and the west now being able to see the impact of the sanctions as well as the continued ability of the Ukrainians to not only fight to a stalemate but to now see Russia having to re-consolidate back to there strongholds in eastern Ukraine to rethink/rearm/reconstitute the various BTGs due to massive losses, there is now a viable coalition that is incentivized to actively oppose Russia on this. This now emboldens everyone because now the image of Russian military might is now in question and the inability/futility of the Russian industrial complex is now on center stage.

Yep, there is blood in the water, and plenty of countries would like to settle some scores.  And the West is more than happy to supply stuff like Javelins/Stingers/etc., even if it hurts our stocks, because every Russian vehicle/etc. taken out is one that won't be used against us (even if it's just Russia selling their old stuff to the third world).

What's stunning is how efficient/coherent the West/NATO alliance and response is, and practically on the spur of the moment.

I mean, you like to think that NATO works very well together, and they had a good 10-15 years of a lot of NATO nations rotating in and out of Afghanistan, so you had a lot of experience officers and NCOs in NATO who were used to working with other NATO nations, but it's still stunning how fast they came together to built out a logistics chain to get and keep Ukraine supplied.

• Like 1

I do not condone Putin's attack on the Ukraine, but from a geopolitical standpoint, he pretty much had this played perfectly until the actual invasion itself.  The political divisions globally pre-invasion were set up to allow Russia to invade with limited longterm political ramifications if Ukraine would have crumbled quickly and a "treaty" could have been signed quickly to set up a puppet Ukrainian regime. We are now 6 weeks in and not only is that objective an impossibility, the political cover they had to do this is gone and worse has galvanized the other countries that would be viewed as buffer states between Russia and NATO to seek NATO membership.

I think he fucked up by broadcasting this for so long though (back to last fall in hindsight - Western intelligence and civilian analysts were beating the drum that Putin was going to invade last year, we just all ignored it).  We wondered by Ukraine wasn't making a big deal out of it in January and February, why they were downplaying it, all the while US and UK intelligence were pushing Putin's plans out to the public.  We now know that Ukraine's government played it down to keep civilians from panicking and filling up the roads so they could get military hardware moved around and reservists called up, and as we now know, supply chains to the western border of Ukraine established.

I think the perfect time would have been after Crimea.  That was 8 years ago, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but the pool of military-eligible males would have been much larger (people born in the 80s, of which there were a lot more than the 90s).  I am also wondering if Syria depleted a lot of their resources/manpower in some way, either it ran down their equipment, or it just wore people out, and/or created an atmosphere where equipment wasn't properly maintained, etc.  It could have also pushed a lot of senior people (or rather, people who would be senior here in 2022) out of the military (in that it wore them out, etc.).

So is this Putin failing by asking his military/intelligence services to do the impossible or his military/intelligence services to blame?

He asked them to do the impossible, and he asked the military to do the impossible with too few troops.  He waited too many years, and also he should have known that even if all 190,000 were thrown at Kyiv, it wouldn't have been enough to take and occupy it.

That was ultimately his biggest mistake - he scattered 190,000 troops across 3-4 large theaters.  Some Putin apologists are now claiming that the Kyiv attack was a feint, which is utter bullshit, because there were a shit-ton of high-end equipment and "elite" troops that were lost near Kyiv, that cannot be replaced, and that are now desperately needed to maintain what they have in the S/E.  

He also clearly aimed, and said so publicly, to replace the Ukrainian government, even going so far as to say that it's not legitimate, and his proxies are now saying that when Russia wins, that will be the last Ukrainian government.

• Hook 'Em 2

OOS, BMP-3 trophy

Address by the Commander of the Azov Regiment, Lieutenant Colonel Denys Prokopenko, and the Commander of the 36th Regiment, Major Serhiy Volyna, regarding the operation to break through the 36th Regiment and connect with the Azov Regiment

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

This is a really interesting article. You IT geeks should appreciate it.

Here's a couple of good, pertinent paragraphs.

Full article spoilered below:

I can imagine a lot of angst/anxiety among the civilian males who are of military age - it's going to be three main groups - those who have already served, and didn't want to stay in on contract, those who didn't want to serve and bought/bribed/whatever their way to stay out of the military, and those who are fucked and can't afford to get out of service.  

Hard to say which of those groups would be the angriest about being called up, especially since they will probably be called out in some fashion and shamed by the government.  The vets would be pissed that they did their time and are getting dragged back in when there are plenty of younger men who haven't yet served, the ones who couldn't buy their way out of service are also going to be furious at those who could.

Oh, and mix in the fact that most of the enlisted casualties so far seem to be from outlying/rural areas, and not Moscow and St. Petersburg.  How long until they have to draft the Moscow/St. Pete's crowd?  There's 12 million people in Moscow, which means there's got to be tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, military-aged males.  Toss in 5 million in St. Petersburg.  Can't go on putting the rural areas through the meat grinder while the Moscow/St. Pete's crowd is stationed somewhere far away.

Chornobaivka

^This is what the 13th time they brought stuff there to get bombed?

Russian tanks arrived in Sumy ... but there is a nuance, they are trophy 🚜

The State Duma proposed to seize the property of citizens who are under criminal prosecution under the article on the spread of fakes about the RF Armed Forces and who left Russia.

^Russia doubling down on the stupidity

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Reports of morse code intercepts that the Moscow is going to sink.

Morse code? I think I knew who sent the message.

image.png.37344725a0d217e530cce91158da93a7.png

I know you read it on the internet so it must be true. But at least part of it is bullshit. Morse code in 2022? 

8 minutes ago, Superhero said:

I know you read it on the internet so it must be true. But at least part of it is bullshit. Morse code in 2022? 

Yep, saw a few days ago an article they still use it for their bombers. Considering how open their comms have proven to be (cell phones, etc) does not shock me. 

6 minutes ago, Superhero said:

RU Navy still uses Morse Code. There intel posts regarding RU naval Morse code intercepts every few days. You are talking about the RU that had to steal Ukraine cell phones to communicate inside Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Yeah, but at the same time, the weapons designers were using the myths of superior Soviet Russian systems to sell their really fancy stuff, and now we know it's shit.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think he fucked up by broadcasting this for so long though (back to last fall in hindsight - Western intelligence and civilian analysts were beating the drum that Putin was going to invade last year, we just all ignored it).  We wondered by Ukraine wasn't making a big deal out of it in January and February, why they were downplaying it, all the while US and UK intelligence were pushing Putin's plans out to the public.  We now know that Ukraine's government played it down to keep civilians from panicking and filling up the roads so they could get military hardware moved around and reservists called up, and as we now know, supply chains to the western border of Ukraine established.

I think the perfect time would have been after Crimea.  That was 8 years ago, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but the pool of military-eligible males would have been much larger (people born in the 80s, of which there were a lot more than the 90s).  I am also wondering if Syria depleted a lot of their resources/manpower in some way, either it ran down their equipment, or it just wore people out, and/or created an atmosphere where equipment wasn't properly maintained, etc.  It could have also pushed a lot of senior people (or rather, people who would be senior here in 2022) out of the military (in that it wore them out, etc.).

He asked them to do the impossible, and he asked the military to do the impossible with too few troops.  He waited too many years, and also he should have known that even if all 190,000 were thrown at Kyiv, it wouldn't have been enough to take and occupy it.

That was ultimately his biggest mistake - he scattered 190,000 troops across 3-4 large theaters.  Some Putin apologists are now claiming that the Kyiv attack was a feint, which is utter bullshit, because there were a shit-ton of high-end equipment and "elite" troops that were lost near Kyiv, that cannot be replaced, and that are now desperately needed to maintain what they have in the S/E.  

He also clearly aimed, and said so publicly, to replace the Ukrainian government, even going so far as to say that it's not legitimate, and his proxies are now saying that when Russia wins, that will be the last Ukrainian government.

This sounds suspiciously like Barbarossa in reverse.  That is, waiting around to get enough troops together until it's really too late to make it happen.  

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Reports of morse code intercepts that the Moscow is going to sink.

Jesus Christ--to lose the flagship of your fleet to a goddamned land-based missile . . . Peter the Great must be rolling over in his grave.

I mean, honestly--this is worse than Tsushima.  That was fucking awful, but at least it was a loss to the enemy navy.  Russia is going to lose its goddamned flagship to a country that doesn't have a fucking navy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Agreed on all counts except for the bolded. Russia began strengthening forces along the border even before then (last February I think). While I know we've been training UA soldiers the last several years, I recall reading somewhere that Putin's initial buildup sped the training programs even further as there were concerns this time last year that the invasion was going to start going down last summer. So, in essence, Putin telegraphed his move a whole fucking year in advance.

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Dude....their coms didn't work in Ukraine because they were still 3g. They definitely aren't above Morse code. Shit....they will probably break out an enigma any day now. 

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Jesus Christ--to lose the flagship of your fleet to a goddamned land-based missile . . . Peter the Great must be rolling over in his grave.

I mean, honestly--this is worse than Tsushima.  That was fucking awful, but at least it was a loss to the enemy navy.  Russia is going to lose its goddamned flagship to a country that doesn't have a fucking navy.

And by the way, since I mention Tsushima, I just remembered something.  At the beginning of the battle, Admiral Togo raised a signal flag that indicated a predetermined announcement to the Japanese fleet that echoed Nelson at Trafalgar: "The Empire's fate depends on the result of this battle, let every man do his utmost duty."

That signal flag: Z.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1