Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Russian jets do not often enter Ukrainian airspace. Instead, they fly close to the border, and then fire the cruise missiles at civilians. That way they avoid the chance of man-pad, stinger-type antiaircraft rockets taking out their jets.

Russian seem to be prone to a fixed inflexibility, where they do the same tactics every time.  I wonder if some Ukrainian special forces with man-pads could be inserted into Russia near where the jets launch their missiles.   I’d assume Ivans would think they were  invulnerable and not be on high alert.  How cool would it be to have special forces take out four or five Russian jets on their own territory.

It would probably be a one off event, but it might slow down their cruise missile attacks on Ukraine for a bit. The price of Jets versus the cost of blowing up apartments might resonate with Russians in a way things they don’t care about (the loss of innocent civilian life) will not change their behavior.

This assumes our intelligence can give them a heads up as to timing.  

Prolly a pipe dream, but it would make a hell of a movie. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Those are overall casualties, not necessarily KIA. Still an insane attrition rate for Russia. 

The ratio of killed to wounded in modern armies is far different than the orcs’ statistics.    From everything I have read, Russia has no logistical ability to provide medical care to its soldiers once wounded, nor even the ability to send wounded orcs to a MASH unit like 1950s Korea.  

Because of that fact, there are far more fatalities as a result of otherwise survivable battlefield wounds suffered by Russians.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Poles apparently seized the Russian Embassy school and shut it down.  I am not sure of the specifics in Poland, but if this is anything like the rest of the former Pact (it seems to be)— the Russian school is housed in a building that the Poles claim as state property. During the bad old days, the Communist parties of various satellite states “gifted”  huge tracts of valuable land to the USSR for “diplomatic purposes,” which means that in many cities the Russian state is a significant property owner. Russia owns quite a few properties around Prague’s ritziest district, including at least one that it offered as short-term rental. It’s been in the news a lot with demands for the city to take the property back. 

Anyway, for many years this type of shit was overlooked in the interest of keeping things quiet. Especially because for diplomatic purposes, fucking with schools is one step below the nuclear option of closing missions an expulsions; it’s a clear message that the hosts simply don’t want you to be able to do business. 

The Russian model of having their own school and asking for teachers to be “diplomats” is fairly unique. The Chinese do it, too. Normal countries may support or pay tuition for international/English:French/Spanish language schools but they are separate entities, the staff are either local or on regular visas, and admission is not restricted at all to diplomat kids. It should be fairly obvious why Russia and China don’t want their employees’ families mixing with others. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/4/29/russia-slams-polish-seizure-of-embassy-school-in-warsaw

• Hook 'Em 7

Bit of a sidetrack, but the Russian Embassy in Warsaw is a bit of a sore point for Poles in other ways.  It of course occupies prime real estate on the “Royal Way,” and is a massive, post-war Stalinist construction:

image.thumb.jpeg.8d70adcb3b052d16cc41b4df40212629.jpeg

But this isn’t the only indignity for Poles.  This monster on a huge tract sits on a little rise that looks over, and is just across and down the street from, the Polish presidential palace. Belvedere, where Pilsudski lived as he whipped Bolshevik ass. I’ve marked both on the map. The Soviet symbolism was clear and intentional, a demonstration of where the real seat of power in Poland was after the war.

image.thumb.jpeg.8ea215a1989f988f271a6c6557712bb6.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Poles apparently seized the Russian Embassy school and shut it down.  I am not sure of the specifics in Poland, but if this is anything like the rest of the former Pact (it seems to be)— the Russian school is housed in a building that the Poles claim as state property. During the bad old days, the Communist parties of various satellite states “gifted”  huge tracts of valuable land to the USSR for “diplomatic purposes,” which means that in many cities the Russian state is a significant property owner. Russia owns quite a few properties around Prague’s ritziest district, including at least one that it offered as short-term rental. It’s been in the news a lot with demands for the city to take the property back. 

Anyway, for many years this type of shit was overlooked in the interest of keeping things quiet. Especially because for diplomatic purposes, fucking with schools is one step below the nuclear option of closing missions an expulsions; it’s a clear message that the hosts simply don’t want you to be able to do business. 

The Russian model of having their own school and asking for teachers to be “diplomats” is fairly unique. The Chinese do it, too. Normal countries may support or pay tuition for international/English:French/Spanish language schools but they are separate entities, the staff are either local or on regular visas, and admission is not restricted at all to diplomat kids. It should be fairly obvious why Russia and China don’t want their employees’ families mixing with others. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/4/29/russia-slams-polish-seizure-of-embassy-school-in-warsaw

Yes and no. Depends on the size of their missions. State brat. Went to international schools overseas from first to 11th grade. Had Russian kids in a lot of my years. 

Best was this hot chick in Peru. We got assigned to be partners on a project. Damn I was happy. Went to her house to start the project.

Mentioned it to my mom and next thing I know is the RSO is lecturing me. I was 17. WTF? Next day I had a new partner assigned to the project. 

Turns out her Dad was the head of the GRU in Peru. 

Diplomat kids are intertwined quite a bit. EU Bureau has it easy, there are options. Try that shit in Rwanda. 

Glad the school is closed though. I can only imagine the BS being taught there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Some are reporting that these were the drones used in the strike:

https://www.muginuav.com/product/mugin-5-pro-5000mm-super-large-vtol-uav-platform/

Which were the Chinese brand that was supposed to be disabled for any type of military use. Looks like someone regifted Ukraine a few of these and managed to figure out how to bypass any restrictions. At 13k a pop that has got to be a steal. Hope they can find some more in the bargain bin.

Edited by dimyh
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

E7189509-22EB-4C80-9C6A-3266CDE6FFC5.gif.0dcc87ccec2d1bd8eae0346a3da184f7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/7/2023 at 10:50 AM, Mullet Free said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I honestly believe no one else had anything to gain. 

Ukraine: what the fuck does it gain? It risks alienating necessary allies and giving credence to Russian claims that Ukraine is a terrorist state. 

US: Risks alienating allies and ruining the strong leadership it has provided to this point. Gains? Uh, again, I have no idea.

Poland: their opposition to the pipeline was always about it's potential to enable Russian energy blackmail. I'm pretty sure all of Europe realizes Poland was right about this now. That's why Nordstream 2 never got approval to run in the first place. Again, why blow up a non-operating pipeline when you've already accomplished your goal? Risks: same as above. 

Germany: hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahaha

Russia risks nothing (an asset that isn't going to be used anytime soon if ever). It gains confusion and doubt in the enemy. It gains creating internal conflict among its enemies. It gains a propaganda point it can use to justify further attack on Ukraine. It gains a propaganda point it can use to further convince Russians they are under attack. 

And, if that is not enough, everything about this is consistent with Russia's actions over the last 20 years. It immediately blamed Ukraine, and when that didnt get the reaction it wanted, it turned around and blame Anglo-Saxons, as if Russia would have any fucking clue as to the ethnicity of the attackers but not be able to identify the exact responsible country. You're buying into bullshit. Be better. 

Responsible parties in order of likelihood:

1) Russia

2) Russia

3) Russia

4) Aliens

5) Latveria

6) Alternate universe Russia

3097) Still not Ukraine or anyone in NATO. 

Again, no one but Russia had anything to gain from blowing up an inactive pipeline. And no one in this thread has named one way in which anyone besides Russia benefits. To do so would require (1) ignoring the immediate previous conditions of the pipeline, (2) ignoring European moves away from Russian oil/gas dependence, and (3) ignoring that any benefits were negligible in comparison to risks if discovered. But maybe you're up for the challenge. So, take your shot: Explain how any country besides Russia benefits. Bonus points if you can include a full risk-award analysis without it all sounding fucking stupid. 

Russia benefits every which way. And Russia didn't risk anything by doing it, you know, since the pipelines weren't doing anything and would be relatively trivially to repair if shit changed. People need to stop overthinking shit and/or carrying water for Russian bullshit. 

My oh my how the turntables. @bernorange  Too bad this was so certain that the thread was locked. 

Of course this is just a partial story leak. We'll see how it evolves.

On 3/7/2023 at 11:29 AM, Mullet Free said:

No. Not especially.

But we do know that this pretty much excludes Russia as the perpetrator of the sabotage. I'd love to know the reason why this story is being released now. Anonymous intelligence sources, through the NYT.

We also know that this was an incredible example of the groupthink that has taken over this conflict. Simply stating that you question the original official narrative immediately led to being told you're "carrying water for Russian bullshit" amongst other insults. No critical thinking at all, just reactionary. All those quotes I highlighted were from just one of our esteemed, know it all posters before the thread was locked. 

These posts both aged well.   Of course we just needed to apply some critical thinking and we would have seen the light.

On 4/28/2023 at 5:46 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

More on the NS explosions and the Russian submersible; this is a great account for all things Russian navy.  

This whole episode has been a case study in how lies get around the world before the truth ties its shoes. And even now, because responsible people are reporting, it can’t go farther than “we know this ship with this submersible was in this place on these dates.”

Still nowhere to be found- Ukrainian commandos, U.S. navy divers on Norwegian ships, remote control detonators, or “Anglo-Saxons.” 

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

I think the phrase "useful idiots" is appropriate here.

Edited by Bevo in VA
  • Hook 'Em 5

What Putler youth doing? A depressing look at Putin using ex-soldiers to push patriotic propaganda to school kids. Which is why a total defeat would be terrific as I hate to see this level of brainwashing continuing year after year. Maybe if they focused more on teaching critical thinking skills and less about jingoism then this could recognize the hypocrisy of the guy preaching that it's the Ukrainians that are facist. Long article but worth the read from meduza.

• Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Short podcast

On 1/20/2023 at 9:46 AM, Gatorubet said:

And by shit ton, the guy in the video says he thinks we have seven figure amounts of 155 mm cluster shells in storage.    Ukraine asked for some in December.   Let’s give more 155mm artillery some spare barrels and a half million shells of cluster (and a crate of earplugs) and tell them to plow the fields

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do they not care about the believability of their online propaganda?

It's bots.  Some schmuck who is not sitting in Ukraine waiting to die is being told to counter-act any positive info that comes out of Ukraine with bots, etc. He's just happy not to be mobilized yet.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t want to post an embed but one of the russobots put this in the comments:

The document leaks show NATO is going to be out of munitions to give to Ukraine in 90 days. Poland is already stopping support. Ukraine is losing this war and have lost over 300k ppl Russia lost less than 17k

That’s not a bot. You’ve found a live vatnik in the wild who got all his information from Tucker Carlson. He’s likely in a bit of shock and denial right now…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t want to post an embed but one of the russobots put this in the comments:

The document leaks show NATO is going to be out of munitions to give to Ukraine in 90 days. Poland is already stopping support. Ukraine is losing this war and have lost over 300k ppl Russia lost less than 17k

You left out the part about Jimbo winning a championship next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

No. They keep the drumbeat of lies up, because the truth is not on their side. They will exaggerate the Ukrainian casualties, multiply the cost of US aid by several times, and call Zelensky a corrup oligarch ceaselessly. 
it is incredibly annoying. 

57 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Let’s see. A Soviet BMP holds a crew of three and up to six additional troop passengers. A T-72 (64, 80, 90) has a crew of three; a T-55 or 62 has a crew of four. 

3000 destroyed tanks is at least 9000 people. 7000 destroyed BMPs is 21,000 people, unless you double that because there are troops inside the actual troop carrier.

It is true that some of the stuff was just left by Ivan as he ran away.  But if you exclude the entirety of all of the infantry killed in fighting in Bakhmut and the rest of Ukraine, just the crews of the tanks and armored personnel carriers amounts too well over 17,000. 

A9361A15-4491-4CAD-9864-B333025FCA90.jpeg.a737adbb022136594ac015a3a2f94dc6.jpeg

Tucker (seen above) will soon parrot the talking points tho. 

• Hook 'Em 2