Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And most of that new gear is gonna come from the US i presume.

Egypt could start buying stuff we put in storage over the last 30 years and it'd be an upgrade for a lot of their stuff, and they'd get it fairly fast.  Land-based stuff that we bought for Afghanistan/Iraq and are now retiring/putting in storage would probably do just fine in the Egyptian deserts.

And the largest number of aircraft they have in their Air Force are F-16s, so it would be cutting down on their maintenance and training costs if they picked up more F-16s.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Egypt could start buying stuff we put in storage over the last 30 years and it'd be an upgrade for a lot of their stuff, and they'd get it fairly fast.  Land-based stuff that we bought for Afghanistan/Iraq and are now retiring/putting in storage would probably do just fine in the Egyptian deserts.

And the largest number of aircraft they have in their Air Force are F-16s, so it would be cutting down on their maintenance and training costs if they picked up more F-16s.

Their F-16s also apparently lack a lot of the upgrades. You would think we could offer to upgrade some of their existing ones abd offer more F-16s and maybe even see if they wanted a few A-10s.

13 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Their F-16s also apparently lack a lot of the upgrades. You would think we could offer to upgrade some of their existing ones abd offer more F-16s and maybe even see if they wanted a few A-10s.

Israel has entered the chat

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Egypt might be gearing up, either materially or politically, for a showdown with Ethiopia due to the new dam being built. On paper Egypt should dominate a 1v1 but as Russia has clearly demonstrated preseason rankings can be complete bullshit. Securing some new tech and maybe more importantly some USA interest may be their goal. Maybe enough political muscle to influence Ethiopia without becoming a hot war.

Defer to others as I'm not well read in this area. Maybe @InkaUtexas has got some background in this region?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Our previous generation jets, the ones that would backfill into Egypt, were not originally equipped with "kill switches."  

However, last summer...the 6th Maintenance Squadron began engineering a way to get incendiary grenade devices onto legacy aircraft.  There is the electronic shutdown from remote locations of the aircraft should the Pentagon want to stall sorties or advise further.  But there is also the option of just having a low-grade implosion of the entire plane (at least the cockpit and propulsion system) should the plane fall into the wrong hands (via capture, defection, or illegal re-sale, or Tucker Carlson tweeting the aircraft's vulnerabilities to Russia).  This began in anticipation that we would soon be backfilling other fixed-wing arsenals near the theater. 

It would appear that day has come.  Once you're now fighting U.S. made, Egyptian owned, Ukrainian flown fighter jets and recon aircraft...you're probably not in the position you thought you were a year ago.  Fucking Estonia and Moldova are doing more heavy lifting than Saint Petersburg.  My daughter has learned more geography from Putin's mistakes on the news than Dad has taught her in 8 years.

Somebody make up the meme of Uncle Sam dressed in yellow catapult officer garb, signaling the allied jets for launch.  It's fucking go time.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Egypt could start buying stuff we put in storage over the last 30 years and it'd be an upgrade for a lot of their stuff, and they'd get it fairly fast. 

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

You would think we could offer to upgrade some of their existing ones abd offer more F-16s and maybe even see if they wanted a few A-10s.

beyonce.JPG

upgrade-you-beyonce.gif

1654206775033?e=2147483647&v=beta&t=HJkf

• Haha 2

Went in the Estonian orthodox cathedral…they are under the Moscow patriarch (so, psychotic warmonger fuckhead). Oh, and they are SO persecuted (not bombed to oblivion, so STFU). We went in, and I used google to translate their message. As we looked around, I said in a louder than appropriate voice “let’s get the fuck out of this fucking place.”

5b69728e2d7c2de89c28a2f6993f3e92.jpg
81a8c73e296cf6231b521cde14ed3fef.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Loved that show as a kid.  Somehow I don't think it would work today.

No one ever died in the show "The A-Team".  Jeep hits an IED, flips over and rolls the Sandanistas in to the ditch....out of commission for that battle scene,  but not dead. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I doubt we'd ever sell any if that were the case. Besides, our kill switch is an F-22. 

2 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

I doubt we'd ever sell any if that were the case. Besides, our kill switch is an F-22. 

• Haha 2

I picture some confused Russian infantry CO hearing the reports like a confused Owen Wilson in "Armageddon" when he finally accepts the situation and says, "Landmines?  But from the sky?  So like, Skymines?  Okay, scariest environment imaginable.  That's all you had to say, scariest environment imaginable."  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dimyh said:

Egypt might be gearing up, either materially or politically, for a showdown with Ethiopia due to the new dam being built. On paper Egypt should dominate a 1v1 but as Russia has clearly demonstrated preseason rankings can be complete bullshit. Securing some new tech and maybe more importantly some USA interest may be their goal. Maybe enough political muscle to influence Ethiopia without becoming a hot war.

Defer to others as I'm not well read in this area. Maybe @InkaUtexas has got some background in this region?

They could, but they have enough issues. I think the Ethiopians would fuck them up if invaded. 

The Ethiopians successfully repelled an Italian invasion (though it took a long time and massive toll), during a fucking famine.  I'm sure they can handle Egypt.  Only reason Italy even remained competitive was because they committed atrocious war crimes and German desert armor.  Plus, we got reggae music out of it as a bonus!  Rasta!

Seriously, there is nothing the Italian military can't fuck up.  

Anyway, back to Egyptian air power.  God bless.  

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

The Ethiopians successfully repelled an Italian invasion (though it took a long time and massive toll), during a fucking famine.  I'm sure they can handle Egypt.  Only reason Italy even remained competitive was because they committed atrocious war crimes and German desert armor.  Plus, we got reggae music out of it as a bonus!  Rasta!

Seriously, there is nothing the Italian military can't fuck up.  

Anyway, back to Egyptian air power.  God bless.  

Hey, at least we have twice as many aircraft carriers as Putin.  If anything, the food in the mess hall must be awesome.  Can't vouch for anything else, really.  Uniforms probably quite fashionable. 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Oddly, the germans had better looking uniforms.  But yes, the whole of the Axis powers did enjoy Italian wine & food when available.  I just give 'em a hard time, some old beefs from Chicago, the Reich, and Franco Spain.  My people hold grudges apparently.  

15 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I'm not sure if that is a sick burn on Russia or a massive own goal. Maybe it is both. Seems sort of like admitting Israel's actions in Palestine are similar to Russia's actions in Ukraine. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Hey, at least we have twice as many aircraft carriers as Putin.  If anything, the food in the mess hall must be awesome.  Can't vouch for anything else, really.  Uniforms probably quite fashionable. 

Came with a bottle of wine or brandy. Traded for their rations every chance I had. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

It's good, and more to the point, better than a US mess hall. Used to sneak over and eat with the Carabinieri during my brief stay at Camp Darby near Pisa.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I still can’t understand why we aren’t providing ATACMS unless some of the reports I read are accurate, that we don’t have enough to give away.  I understand the original excuse of distance and non-escalation but shit man, smoke’em if you got’em.  

They are old, no longer in production, and kept alive by expensive modernization for existing inventory. The replacement, the Precision Strike Missile, is just now entering service. I suspect our reluctance to provide it stems partly from lack of ability to replace at scale (yet), partly due to lack of available modernized missiles, partly due to the cost of missile relative to something like a GMLRS rocket (ATACMS is ~8x-10x more expensive), and maybe partly a concern for how effective (or lack there of) they would be. I'm sure we also have concerns about how they would be used, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is just an easy excuse to hide the real reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Problem is there is only one General Dynamics and there are a lot of customers waiting for their F-16s, including Taiwan which are waiting for their Viper upgrayyds and brand new F-16Vs.

There needs to be a bigger audience for Saab Grippens which is a bad ass plane in its own right. 

• Hook 'Em 2