Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

We're not making any more, so the excuse that our stocks are low is just more BS if we're turning around and selling them to Morocco. Do we want Ukraine to fucking win this, or not?

Me thinks it's more about having the replacement missiles in our stockpiles by the time we start shipping ATACMS to other countries like Morocco.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't know "was blown up" in reference to a single person is so fucking funny to me this morning.

I mean, it'll make for a cool obituary and "cause of death" on the autopsy file.  

Nothing terribly groundbreaking here, but some very up-to-the-minute news on the possible UA counteroffensive:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-04-27-23/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

We have more than 2000, we can't spare 10 or 20?

We have to modernize them to extend their life and increase their effectiveness. These are old missiles. It isn't clear how many have received the necessary modernizations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I don't know "was blown up" in reference to a single person is so fucking funny to me this morning.

I mean, it'll make for a cool obituary and "cause of death" on the autopsy file.  

Nothing terribly groundbreaking here, but some very up-to-the-minute news on the possible UA counteroffensive:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-04-27-23/index.html

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Holy shit, this is some Tom Clancy, FX's The Americans-style stuff going on..

The FBI has put on the wanted list Natalia Burlinova, an associate professor at Moscow State University and an ex-producer of the Govorit Moskva (Moscow Speaks) radio station. According to the investigation, Burlinova acted in the United States as a foreign agent. She worked with an officer of the Russian FSB. In the fall of 2018, the woman visited US universities and research institutes, where she was engaged in "recruiting Americans."

Fuo2-7rXoAA1gnz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Burlinova provided info to the FSB about the US citizen participants in the Meeting Russia programs, including bios, interests & political opinions. The FSB monitored their career developments, with an aim that some would become influential public figures.

So the only tail that Tucker ever got in college? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/25/2023 at 8:17 PM, Bevo said:

Kasparov says it is because "Tragically, influences in the Biden White House also seem to want this. Sullivan, Burns, Kerry, treating this like the Cold War where the evil they know is better than the uncertainty of victory, even if it means undermining the counteroffensive against a war criminal regime".

Kasparov's position seems too speculative to me. 

• Like 1

Just finished One Soldier's War by Babchenko.  I didn’t really learn anything knew about the RU military from the two Chechen wars that we haven’t seen in the UKR war.  What an absolute shit show they are.  If it weren’t for nukes, the Russians would be closer to a 3rd world country  than any modern superpower. 

Torture, indiscriminate killings, bullying, violence within ranks, lack of supplies, lack of meeting basic needs (ie water), eating toothpaste , eating dogs, theft, desertion, no discipline or respect of rank, alcoholism, rape, little or no record keeping, lack of supply chain management, poor soldiering.  They really are a Godless bunch, no soul, little to no redeeming qualities as far as i can tell.  How much longer will Putin survive?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

Just finished One Soldier's War by Babchenko.  I didn’t really learn anything knew about the RU military from the two Chechen wars that we haven’t seen in the UKR war.  What an absolute shit show they are.  If it weren’t for nukes, the Russians would be closer to a 3rd world country  than any modern superpower. 

Torture, indiscriminate killings, bullying, violence within ranks, lack of supplies, lack of meeting basic needs (ie water), eating toothpaste , eating dogs, theft, desertion, no discipline or respect of rank, alcoholism, rape, little or no record keeping, lack of supply chain management, poor soldiering.  They really are a Godless bunch, no soul, little to no redeeming qualities as far as i can tell.  How much longer will Putin survive?

Well no shit.

3 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Yup.  Everything you needed to know about the war in Ukraine is laid out in that book. Everything is the same. Everything is explained - and you are right - there are exactly zero redeeming features in Russia’s overall culture.   That book and the Long Telegram tell us all we need to know. 

• Hook 'Em 1