Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

So they buried them instead of dismantling them for parts or just blowing them up? Seems stupid. Oh yeah.... Russia. 

Under the terms of Lend-Lease they had to pay us and the UK back for any intact equipment after the war. So they stripped them down and then broke them up and buried them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, NorthLoop said:

So they buried them instead of dismantling them for parts or just blowing them up? Seems stupid. Oh yeah.... Russia. 

It was a condition of Lend Lease.  When you're done, pay for it, send it back to us, or destroy it.  Lots of option #3 going on.  Plus the Hurricane was obsolete. 

And we trashed literally tons and tons of war material after the war.  So in this case, not really a Russia thing. 

image.png.f1a03fabc4af0f3b9798cb5cff198274.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Well, not quite that stupid.  My understanding is that the Soviets were not on the hook for equipment lost in actual fighting.  So by claiming the goods were lost in battle (disappeared) they were free and clear.

So are they stupid?  Yes.  But we must never forget their second most predominant quality, lying.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Midnight Ambler said:

Or blowing up their own pipeline. 

I can see Russians doing something like this if their back is against the wall. Like Crimea is about to fall. Total desperation.

That’s not the case currently. Nothing from the last month of counteroffensive makes it seem like things are desperate. In fact all we’ve seen is opposite in western media. The counteroffensive is going slower than expected (from Zelensky), we need more weapons, and show some patience etc.

Here’s hoping that cooler heads prevail. I really wish there wasn’t a nuclear plant chilling in the middle of all this chaos. 

Well, the Russians have openly accused the Ukrainians of planning to attack the plant. So you’ve got both sides accusing the other of planning a provocation which means that in all likelihood the plan and infrastructure to do it is in place, at least.

But you’ve only explained why it doesn’t make sense for Russia to do it. Does that mean you think Ukraine has a reason to? What’s the “logic” here? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

And we trashed literally tons and tons of war material after the war.  So in this case, not really a Russia thing. 

One of my uncles was Merchant Marine during WW2. When the war ended they were at sea with a ship full of new trucks, jeeps, whatever. The captain ordered them to drop it all over the side where it no doubt sits today.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Well, the Russians have openly accused the Ukrainians of planning to attack the plant. So you’ve got both sides accusing the other of planning a provocation which means that in all likelihood the plan and infrastructure to do it is in place, at least.

But you’ve only explained why it doesn’t make sense for Russia to do it. Does that mean you think Ukraine has a reason to? What’s the “logic” here? 

Ukraine has more reason to do it. We’ve stated if something happens, we (US/NATO) are all in. That would tip a war of attrition that is going more against them the longer it lasts, back in their favor. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 55

21 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Ukraine: The Russians put some shit on top of the roof. 

IAEA: Russia, can we see?

Russia: Sure, come on in!

IAEA: How about the roof?

Russia: What roof? There isn’t a roof. And if there was and it got blown up, the Ukrainians did it.  Not great, not terrible.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Footage of Russians surrendering (6 or 7) during close quarters trench warfare on the heights south of Bakhmut in the KIlischiivka direction.

I have to say it's not as satisfying to me as watching them get blown up, but being able to take this area back makes holding Bakhmut much more difficult for the Russians because their lines of support come under artillery fire. 

Also, the differences in kit between what we see of the Ukrainians and the Russians is stark to me. And this is the 3rd assault battalion that wasn't given Western kit for the most part (aside from artillery), to my knowledge. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Midnight Ambler said:

Ukraine has more reason to do it. We’ve stated if something happens, we (US/NATO) are all in. That would tip a war of attrition that is going more against them the longer it lasts, back in their favor. 

I presume you're summarizing Mr. Abrahm's idiotic statement, whilst rejecting its validity.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If you just ignore ALL THE OTHE DATA POINTS about this scenario other than Ukraine would benefit from NATO wiping out Russia. It starts to make sense. 

In all honesty, for the betterment of the entire world, I'd be fine with that outcome.  The destruction of Russian's military capability would be globally stabilizing, and if it lead to the dissolution of Russia all the better.  I just hope we don't take many casualties (I know we would).  

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Sladkov - Russian armed formations left Klischiivka!

"We left Kleshcheevka.
This is near Bakhmut. It is necessary to check this, I'll be glad if this is reguted. If it's true, then it's bad. Bakhmut is under fire control of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
I can’t say a bad word about our guys who left.
According to my data, there is again a shell diet. I'll be glad to be wrong.
You won't be strong without strength. The weak don't win. The city of Bakhmut is under threat of assault. Can we keep it? Who knows."

Big boom at the mid point of the video.

image.gif.6899cfb51b46376719846f5d6bc0de2c.gif

4 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Wait..that was real??

image.gif.161ffd0599d0280b2806e8271c52d956.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

45 minutes ago, Midnight Ambler said:

Why did your parents like each other?

• Haha 8

17 hours ago, Midnight Ambler said:

Why would they do it? To slow Ukrainians advancing? But then there’s nuclear fallout on an area they covet. And we’ve stated that NATO is all in if that happens. That is suicidal level stupidity, which is too dumb even for Russians. 

Straining kid Meme Generator - Imgflip

Edited by Kyrie Eleison
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That is one of the dumbest fucking things ever said on this site.  

One of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard, period.  And I’ve taken a handful of college classes at the local community college over the past two years, so I’ve been around 18 and 19 year-olds taking their first philosophy class, so I’ve heard some really stupid shit.  I’ve heard a teenager who was old enough to vote ask a professor why we attacked the Japanese at Pearl Harbor.  Edit and I’m pretty sure the timeline he had in his head had Pearl Harbor taking place during Vietnam. 

WTF everyone knows it was the Germans except for that dumb teenager apparently

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Midnight Ambler said:

Quick heads up that anyone who has a blue check on Musk Twitter should be presumed dumbass till proven otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Midnight ambler is gone, no need to report his posts anymore

We all realize he likely has a VPN, but would it be too much to ask if you could IP ban him just in case? After all, he's yet another iteration of the same despicable person behind all the other accounts: GRhorn >>> Satoshi >>> Immaculate Vibes >>> Caponata >>> Humble Beast >>> Mullet Free >>> Midnight Ambler

His entire raison d'être is to simply be a complete shitstain on this board, and it's beyond tiresome the way he fucks up threads.

Please, and thank you.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s really kind of painful for a geek like me to think of all they scrapped. Especially warbirds. I want to go back in time. 

“Please, just put enough Corsairs and Hellcats in storage to make owning one realistic for non-millionaires. Plz. Air show will be so much better.”

Would love to have a P-47 or hell, just a WW2 jeep. Of course, with a mounted .50 for deer hunting. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

We all realize he likely has a VPN, but would it be too much to ask if you could IP ban him just in case? After all, he's yet another iteration of the same despicable person behind all the other accounts: GRhorn >>> Satoshi >>> Immaculate Vibes >>> Caponata >>> Humble Beast >>> Mullet Free >>> Midnight Ambler

His entire raison d'être is to simply be a complete shitstain on this board, and it's beyond tiresome the way he fucks up threads.

Please, and thank you.

He uses the same isp as a lot of other posters so I'd be causing some issues with many posters.
Please report him if he shows back up.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blacklab said:

He uses the same isp as a lot of other posters so I'd be causing some issues with many posters.
Please report him if he shows back up.

Yeah, that's why I reported him this time instead of merely negging + taunting.

• Hook 'Em 3

Would love to have a P-47 or hell, just a WW2 jeep. Of course, with a mounted .50 for deer hunting. 

These two things are very different in their accessibility to the average guy. The jeeps are out there in pretty significant numbers. Flying P-47s I can count on one hand.

Sorry, man, but my mind is going to automatically go there. It was one of my favorite shows as a young kid.

I knew what this was before clicking the link.
  • Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Did we just become best friends? The Jug and the F4U are by far my favorite warbird with the Hellcat  close behind

Still like the Spitfire. And of course the B-25. Log of the Liberators was my favorite book growing up.

And perhaps. 

Now about that jeep...... 

1 minute ago, jdhorn92 said:

such a great show.  looked forward to that show every week.

Looking for it online as I type this! 

1 hour ago, ryskey said:

WTF everyone knows it was the Germans except for that dumb teenager apparently

When it happened and Vietnam came up, my first thought was "fuck, I was born as close to the 1940s as he was to Vietnam. I'm old.  All the Vietnam vets I grew up around are now elderly like the WWII vets when I was a kid."

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

When it happened and Vietnam came up, my first thought was "fuck, I was born as close to the 1940s as he was to Vietnam. I'm old.  All the Vietnam vets I grew up around are now elderly like the WWII vets when I was a kid."

It used to be we went to the VA you'd see a few WWII guys, and a few Korean guys, they gone.  Now the Vietnam guys are thinning out and the ones that are left are quickly reminding me of the WW2 guys.  Interestingly, I think in the next 10 years the VA is going to vastly improve, primarily because there is going to be a lot less people to care for.  

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s really kind of painful for a geek like me to think of all they scrapped. Especially warbirds. I want to go back in time. 

“Please, just put enough Corsairs and Hellcats in storage to make owning one realistic for non-millionaires. Plz. Air show will be so much better.”

Man….would have loved for all of those jeeps to come back home.
We bought a shitty 1948 Willys back in high school, and got it running so we could use it as a “drive around the ranch at idiotic speeds at night while spotlighting jackrabbits” vehicle. It was glorious, and so easy to work on. Even idiot high schoolers could figure shit out and repair it. Previous owners had done a half-ass spray paint job on it, in teal. And thus, my buddy named it “the Teal Twat,” and it stuck. Loved that thing. Still toy with finding another one, fixing it up, and painting it burnt orange for tailgate shenanigans.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1