Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

@InkaUtexas you might find this interesting or already know it

https://www.lemonde.fr/afrique/article/2023/12/15/africa-corps-le-nouveau-label-de-la-presence-russe-au-sahel_6205937_3212.html

Africa Corps, the new label of the Russian presence in the Sahel

Under the supervision of the Ministry of Defence, Moscow is trying to renew its African device and make people forget the "brand" Wagner.

Wagner's name disappears but the reference to Nazi Germany remains. The Russian presence in the Sahel has chosen a new label: Africa Corps. While the paramilitary group owed its name to the admiration of its founder, Dmitri Outkin, to the German composer who influenced the aesthetics of the Third Reich, this new name is directly inspired by the Afrika Korps, the German battalions that fought in northern Africa during the Second World War.

Beyond the common references, the redesign by the Russian State of Yevgeny Prigojin's security society, which has gone into disgrace in Moscow since the aborted rebellion of its leader - who passed away on August 23 - continues. From the Central African Republic to Libya via Sudan and Mali, Wagner had built an empire since 2018. A model that allowed Russia major strategic breakthroughs to the detriment of Westerners, primarily the French, but whose autonomy had become too strong in the eyes of Moscow.

The name Africa Corps first appeared on November 20 on Telegram in a post by military blogger Deux Majors, close to the Russian Ministry of Defense. The message quotes Igor Korotchenko, former colonel and editor-in-chief of the Russian magazine Natsionalnaya oborona ("national defense"), also a frequent guest of the program "60 minutes" on the public channel Rossiya 1, announcing that an Africa Corps is "in formation". The appearance of this new structure, says Mr. Korotchenko, following the visit of the Russian Deputy Minister of Defense Yunuz-bek Yevkourov to Benghazi (Libya), where he met Marshal Khalifa Haftar, the "strong man" of Cyrenaica (eastern province).

https://www.lemonde.fr/afrique/article/2023/12/11/comment-les-services-russes-de-renseignement-ont-repris-en-main-les-operations-de-wagner-en-afrique_6205212_3212.html

How the Russian intelligence services took over Wagner's operations in Africa

An investigation reveals the names and photographs of the new Russian officials responsible for coordinating Moscow's actions in Mali, the Central African Republic and Burkina Faso.

Since the dissolution of the Wagner group, Russia has restructured its paramilitary networks in Africa, particularly in the Central African Republic (RCA), which has become in recent years the platform of Russian security services on the continent.

Now under the control of the State, the networks of the "Russafrique" have become formalized, the paths of their leaders have become easier to identify, being, for the most part, from the Russian Ministry of Defence or the external intelligence services (SVR).

This is revealed by the joint investigation published on Thursday, December 7 by the independent site All Eyes on Wagner (AEOW) associated with Radio Liberty - a media funded by the American Congress -, which reveals the names and photographs of some of the main Russian officials responsible for coordinating Russia's actions in Mali, Burkina Faso, CAR.

According to the investigation, Moscow's new strongman in Bangui is Denis Pavlov, a "diplomat" recently appointed to the Russian Embassy in the Central African capital. It is he who now oversees the security partnership with the Directorate General of Central African Police.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

A captain in charge of the "Clothing Service"

Such a tiny coffin.  I'm guessing they poured him into it?  Given how barbaric their treatment of thread dead/wounded....

Introducing the New "Meat Cube Slicer"!

It slices, it dices, it can get the most stubborn sections down to a manageable size!

Only have 100000 rubles to put your deceased portion into a box?

The "Meat Cube Slicer" can do it all!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

Dobrava-Belgrade orthohantavirus (DOBV), also known as Dobrava virus, is a form of Hantavirus.  Dobrava is the most virulent, with a case-fatality rate (CFR) of 10 to 12%. 

Damn shame.  Worry is Ukraine gets hit too. 

The good news on that, if there is any, is that every time I see a video of Ukrainians on the line they look robust and healthy, and largely in as sanitary conditions as possible given the circumstances.  Conversely, the Russians live in refuse piles and look like disease ridden half starving humans.  

So while both sides will be affected, I'm guessing medically it will have far more of an affect on the Russians.  

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Dobrava-Belgrade orthohantavirus (DOBV), also known as Dobrava virus, is a form of Hantavirus.  Dobrava is the most virulent, with a case-fatality rate (CFR) of 10 to 12%. 

Damn shame.  Worry is Ukraine gets hit too. 

It is most commonly contracted in the spring and summer when more rodents are out and about. And I thought the fatality rate of hantavirus was around 30%.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It is most commonly contracted in the spring and summer when more rodents are out and about. And I thought the fatality rate of hantavirus was around 30%.

As I just recently found out, there are a wide range of different hantavirus types associated with different types of rodents. Which I guess would be as accurate as saying, the fatality for a coronavirus is X, even though there are a boatload of different coronavirus types with different lethalities.   which is all to say:

IMG_2067.gif.3b29844ac9109a101d501f8ca51fbc2c.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I get that. I also see where they attack Russian trenches.    I assume they’re not going to stop doing that because of some mouse shit. 

This was all planned by Ukraine. At first, Ukraine wanted to attach lasers onto mice. But, unfortunately, it proved too difficult to mount the lasers onto those tiny little heads. But then Russia decided to wallow in its own shit and its soldiers started contracting hantavirus and many died painful deaths. Now, Ukraine is going to release its 1000 gerbil army. Russian soldiers will see these 1000 gerbils running through the fields, towards their trenches and thinking that the gerbils are infected, run all the way back to Russia.

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 3

This is not a fun one to share. The truth isn’t always our friend, but we shouldn’t let it be our enemy. I absolutely support Ukraine’s defense against Russian invasion, but it looks like they still have stuff to clean up. 

Ukraine's struggling draft system isn’t producing the quantity or quality of troops it needs for front-line combat—or sharing the burden fairly across society
https://www.wsj.com/world/ukraines-front-line-troops-are-getting-older-physically-i-cant-handle-this-46d9b2c7?st=pd2kjdgyvqtfxr2&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

• Hook 'Em 1

On paper, Ukraine still has a large reserve of potential manpower, with several million male residents in their 20s and 30s who have yet to fight. The military hasn’t drafted men under the age of 27 so far, although Parliament has authorized a lower age limit of 25. Groups exempt from the draft include fathers of several children, carers for disabled people and workers in key sectors. 

Seems kinda backwards

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Parliament said:

On paper, Ukraine still has a large reserve of potential manpower, with several million male residents in their 20s and 30s who have yet to fight. The military hasn’t drafted men under the age of 27 so far, although Parliament has authorized a lower age limit of 25. Groups exempt from the draft include fathers of several children, carers for disabled people and workers in key sectors. 

Seems kinda backwards

From a purely military perspective, yes. However if you look at it from a long term demographic perspective, I think the strategy has a lot of merit. Like Russia and other countries, Ukraine had an extremely low fertility rate even before the war started (something like 1.2 births per woman). Saving younger generations from the draft is probably an important long term strategy to stabilize the population of Ukraine. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 6

To me, the biggest problem is the graft, that they have a fucking EE on the frontline because he didn’t have the cash to bribe into a rear echelon position. 

Ukraine knows it needs to fix that and is trying to fix that. Part of becoming a free society is letting light shine on issues so they can be addressed. 

19 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

From a purely military perspective, yes. However if you look at it from a long term demographic perspective, I think the strategy has a lot of merit. Like Russia and other countries, Ukraine had an extremely low fertility rate even before the war started (something like 1.2 births per woman). Saving younger generations from the draft is probably an important long term strategy to stabilize the population of Ukraine. 

It actually does make sense if you are thinking long-term, plus a lot of the younger folks are keeping the economy going/building infrastructure that's damaged, etc.(witness Russia struggling to do basic things) although if Russia had not been forced back as far as they were, I'd imagine Ukraine would have started churning through younger folks.

Russia blowing through their youth like they are is....Zeihan can be sensationalistic about demographics, but he's right that they are fucking themselves over in the 2030s and 2040s for no real gains in the 2020s.  Putin doesn't care because he won't be around then.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It actually does make sense if you are thinking long-term, plus a lot of the younger folks are keeping the economy going/building infrastructure that's damaged, etc.(witness Russia struggling to do basic things) although if Russia had not been forced back as far as they were, I'd imagine Ukraine would have started churning through younger folks.

Russia blowing through their youth like they are is....Zeihan can be sensationalistic about demographics, but he's right that they are fucking themselves over in the 2030s and 2040s for no real gains in the 2020s.  Putin doesn't care because he won't be around then.

Given the low birth rates if young Ukranian men are drafted, if someone can send a personal note to Ukraine, I'll be happy to go there and make babies with the appropriate women.

5eb2e72de0b33.image.jpg.e8f51ca83e532ae99d1c2c9b9dd24b7d.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Seems kinda backwards

Gotta preserve the sperm donors to keep the birth rate from plummeting.

(old guy late to the party here)

Edited by Armybrat

Certainly some bias here given the source, but it does provide some perspective

https://kyivindependent.com/military-russia-moves-up-to-2-km-near-avdiivka-in-2-months-losses-20-000-soldiers/

Russian has advanced 2km in 2 months at the cost of up to 20k wia/kia around Avdiivka.  

It's 731km from Kyiv to Avdiivka, so at that rate, with only about 7.3 million more wia/kia Russia should be there in about 61 years.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Russian has advanced 2km in 2 months at the cost of up to 20k wia/kia around Avdiivka.  

And Avdiivka is only 5 miles from Donetsk, a city Russia has held since 2014, and less than 50 miles from the Russian border.

Even 10k WIA/KIA would be insane, and WWII numbers for the distance covered.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

That 2nd link was terrifying

Yeah, I don't know if they've upgraded their drones/cameras/whatever lately, but it seems like some of the footage is getting a lot gorier, so I'm not looking at/posting it nearly as much.

It also seems like they are using a lot more 60mm mortars as ammo which would be a lot mower powerful than hand grenades, leading to nastier videos, but that could be recency bias kicking in.  Those pinpoint drops are mortar shells though.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2023 at 11:01 PM, Bevo said:

This was all planned by Ukraine. At first, Ukraine wanted to attach lasers onto mice. But, unfortunately, it proved too difficult to mount the lasers onto those tiny little heads. But then Russia decided to wallow in its own shit and its soldiers started contracting hantavirus and many died painful deaths. Now, Ukraine is going to release its 1000 gerbil army. Russian soldiers will see these 1000 gerbils running through the fields, towards their trenches and thinking that the gerbils are infected, run all the way back to Russia.

gold GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I don't know if they've upgraded their drones/cameras/whatever lately, but it seems like some of the footage is getting a lot gorier, so I'm not looking at/posting it nearly as much.

It also seems like they are using a lot more 60mm mortars as ammo which would be a lot mower powerful than hand grenades, leading to nastier videos, but that could be recency bias kicking in.  Those pinpoint drops are mortar shells though.

With the right frangible rounds, cheap drones would make great zombie killers. I'm ready.

world-war-z-zombies.gif.f872f4e959e7e3193cf7f7b186ab070c.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Bevo said:

With the right frangible rounds, cheap drones would make great zombie killers. I'm ready.

world-war-z-zombies.gif.f872f4e959e7e3193cf7f7b186ab070c.gif

That's ridiculous.  Flamethrowers would be much better.  As the flames will cook and contract all of the muscles and boil out whatever water was left in the tissue.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

8 minutes ago, Parliament said:

image.thumb.png.eabfe67d270a23481058e95778893a7a.png

Goes to the fact that guns and flamethrowers run dry, but a moat never fails.  You guys and your flame throwers are gonna die.

Well, the Jews, Muslims, and Christians thought a wall in Jerusalem would protect them, but that plan failed in World War Z.

12 minutes ago, Parliament said:

image.thumb.png.eabfe67d270a23481058e95778893a7a.png

Goes to the fact that guns and flamethrowers run dry, but a moat never fails.  You guys and your flame throwers are gonna die.

ahh see, you havent been keeping up with the intelligences of the undead recently.

turns out that even if you have a 50 foot deep moat thats 25 feet wide, it would only take approximately 250-300 undead to charge the same point in the moat and sink down on top of each other until they form a navigable bridgehead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

ahh see, you havent been keeping up with the intelligences of the undead recently.

turns out that even if you have a 50 foot deep moat thats 25 feet wide, it would only take approximately 250-300 undead to charge the same point in the moat and sink down on top of each other until they form a navigable bridgehead.

Did you paint and put up a “We’re Closed” sign in Zombie near the moat? You didn’t think of that, now did you, Mr. Smart Guy?