Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Shareable link:

The Pentagon said it is reviewing posts on social media that purport to reveal highly classified U.S. government documents on Ukrainian preparations for a planned spring offensive against Russian forces
https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-says-it-is-reviewing-social-media-posts-that-purport-to-reveal-classified-documents-on-ukraine-4d7524f?st=s48jpzo9gormaam&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

28 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well, like many I have accounts with these ass clowns (whom I've never liked, just been too lazy to move stuff, they are beginning to motivate me), if I get more wind of this sort of stuff I won't

BoA has a tradition of cocksuckery that began with its founding.

I have a CC with them that autopays my Humane society donation every month. Gonna add some Ukraine charities to that now.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Well, like many I have accounts with these ass clowns (whom I've never liked, just been too lazy to move stuff, they are beginning to motivate me), if I get more wind of this sort of stuff I won't

I read the article. I see a couple of explanations-

1. The speaker tried to intentionally adopt a disinterested stance and was too candid. The truth is- several months ago (last summer) the WH did express a mild reproach to Zelensky’s manner. The WH has not done so again. Either the message was received or the WH has moved on. I think it’s a mistake to make too much of that- News Flash! The WH is not 100% happy with any world leader’s manner! And never has been! (Anyone care to speculate on what FDR might have said privately about Churchill’s theatrics?)

2. The speaker is one of those guys (there are a few and they are vocal on about every forum except this one) that really buy into the Russian agitprop. These are people that seek out that “inside knowledge” that the sheeple are too simple to pursue. They really believe that they are smarter than anyone else and you can’t argue with them. 

I’d be very surprised to learn that BoA buys into this. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, statsman said:

Shareable link:

The Pentagon said it is reviewing posts on social media that purport to reveal highly classified U.S. government documents on Ukrainian preparations for a planned spring offensive against Russian forces
https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-says-it-is-reviewing-social-media-posts-that-purport-to-reveal-classified-documents-on-ukraine-4d7524f?st=s48jpzo9gormaam&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

I would imagine the WSJ will be giving alot of free articles on the Ukraine war away for awhile.....

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Shareable link:

Really starting to think it’s a Ukrainian/American misinformation campaign like others in this thread have said.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Remember when that Russian band filled stadiums in the west?

Neither do I.

I remember when Yakov Smirnoff would sell out theaters in Branson.  Probably still does.

Oh wait, he's Ukrainian.

So no, can't recall any Russians selling out theaters/stadiums.

(Smirnoff is awesome, my grandparents liked him, he sold out plenty of places in his prime, and his wife and he are working to help Ukraine).

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

C6169088-1AE5-4986-8302-8ACB75EAED97.thumb.jpeg.8fa677bc8eace1525c743cffafaaad09.jpeg

Does anyone have any idea about that lower photo? Photoshopped? Real but not well publicized because bad PR to fuck with dead bodies? Holy shitski!

In May 2022 a photo came out of dead Ivans after Ukraine re-took Kharkiv.

C7F9BABF-F780-4AC6-986A-3687075D82FA.thumb.webp.97362593c1a0ca3bbca6c22cda10bdaa.webp

Is this Z message a thing? 

That photo in the snow is shopped as hell. Look at the body in the lower right and notice how it's nearly identical to the body in the upper right but reversed.

3 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

That photo in the snow is shopped as hell. Look at the body in the lower right and notice how it's nearly identical to the body in the upper right but reversed.

3 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

And legs sticking out left on the bottom left are repeated higher up. 

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Seeing a few articles about purported leaks of vital Ukraine plans for their spring offensive reminded me of Allied deception tactics during WW2. 
Most everybody is familiar with the pre-D-Day obfuscation efforts (fake army buildup in England across from Calais to led by Patton), but less well known is this episode in the Mediterranean prior to the invasion of Sicily….

https://www.npr.org/2010/06/12/127742365/dead-man-floating-world-war-iis-oddest-operation

ECB46B14-E056-4D2E-8107-BB4A14C43529.jpeg.db9e1b120e826751690a332dc9086374.jpeg

I daw this on Netflix or HBO recently. I can’t remember which. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Seeing a few articles about purported leaks of vital Ukraine plans for their spring offensive reminded me of Allied deception tactics during WW2. 
Most everybody is familiar with the pre-D-Day obfuscation efforts (fake army buildup in England across from Calais to led by Patton), but less well known is this episode in the Mediterranean prior to the invasion of Sicily….

https://www.npr.org/2010/06/12/127742365/dead-man-floating-world-war-iis-oddest-operation

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

ECB46B14-E056-4D2E-8107-BB4A14C43529.jpeg.db9e1b120e826751690a332dc9086374.jpeg

I daw this on Netflix or HBO recently. I can’t remember which. 

Netflix.  Even has Ian Fleming.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Been thinking the same thing. Baffle them with bullshit and hit'em where they ain't.

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I really, really hope this is what happened. The alternative means that all the plans have to be scrapped. 

47 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Dmitri Medvedev is having a normal one. 

You can smell the fear.

8 minutes ago, statsman said:

I really, really hope this is what happened. The alternative means that all the plans have to be scrapped. 

The beauty is that the Russians don’t know what’s real and what’s not.  They are so used to spreading misinformation, and because of their mindset that if they’d do something to somebody, that person would do it to them, they assume everybody else is spreading misinformation

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You can smell the fear.

The beauty is that the Russians don’t know what’s real and what’s not.  They are so used to spreading misinformation, and because of their mindset that if they’d do something to somebody, that person would do it to them, they assume everybody else is spreading misinformation

I wish I could share your faith. However, I had a Secret clearance almost ten years ago, when the PRC PLA hacked the personnel files of all clearance holders (me included), and nobody in the DoD was punished or even lost their job. 

Since then, we have seen elected officials and career bureaucrats break rules repeatedly, wrt securing classified data, with little to no repercussions. 

Russia has even taken advantage of that, releasing faked documents before the 2016 election, that convinced Comey to take actions that led to the election of Trump. 

So, no, I would not be surprised if this was a real hack. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

So, no, I would not be surprised if this was a real hack. 

Oh, it could be, and we've seen some pro-Russian types in the US that would do it, but like I said, Russia assumes that because they would do something to somebody, somebody would do it to them, so they can't even fully trust what looks like a leak.  They invade other countries for land/resources, because it's been done to them (albeit 80 years ago, but time has no meaning to them), so that's the natural order of things - do unto others before they do unto you.

Dmitry Medvedev is out there speaking as a Russian official that nobody needs Ukraine, and he is saying that because he's heard the discussion that Europe does not need Russia and are trying to cut off/distance themselves from Russia as quickly as possible.

So trying to fool Russia is exactly the kind of thing that Russia will be expecting.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

I will say this- I believe we (the US) have a better hacking capability than Russia. I believe that because, in 2018, the US shut down the internet in Russia-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-cyber-command-operation-disrupted-internet-access-of-russian-troll-factory-on-day-of-2018-midterms/2019/02/26/1827fc9e-36d6-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html

-and there was nothing they could do about it. 

Now, Russia and China are more aggressive and active at using the internet as a weapon, but that doesn’t mean they are more capable at it. 

That also doesn’t mean we can’t have major leaks. Leaks are about sloppiness, often, and we can be very sloppy. 

• Hook 'Em 6