Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Just now, Schulz2.0 said:

The Lame Duck is going to be tough as shit.  I think the Senate is going to have to make a decision about whether to do another Ukraine supplemental in December to try and give them at least another year or two of funding without having to go through the House. There's ways to work around in the Defense Authorization act, but it's mostly nibbling at the edges.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

“I think people are gonna be sitting in a recession and they’re not going to write a blank check to Ukraine,” he recently told Punchbowl News. “They just won’t do it.”

McCarthy suggested that Americans want Congress to focus on issues closer to home.

“There’s the things [the Biden administration] is not doing domestically,” he said. “Not doing the border, and people begin to weigh that. Ukraine is important, but at the same time, it can’t be the only thing they do, and it can’t be a blank check.”

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then buckle up, buttercup, because the expected House Majority Leader told you that's exactly what we're going to do.

I hate this fucking timeline so, so, so much.

I wouldn't say that and I would expect him to be forced to clarify his comments: “There’s the things [the Biden administration] is not doing domestically,” he said. “Not doing the border, and people begin to weigh that. Ukraine is important, but at the same time, it can’t be the only thing they do, and it can’t be a blank check.”

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Dude. When's contextually talking about this within the scope of SPENDING LESS MONEY and using the DEBT CEILING to curb spending, while talking about all the other shit they want to spend money...he's tacitly telling you they're going to give way less to Ukraine. It's like my fucking 4 year old telling me that it's not that he wants candy for dinner SPECIFICALLY, it's that he wants to skip dinner and go straight to dessert. Come the fuck on. 

There is also a reason reports coming out from Russia and their own propaganda news shows have referenced the importance of the US mid-term elections. Well...here you fucking go. Proof that Russia certainly prefers one party in power. 

There’s been some nuance in what McCarthy has said. He’s expressed a lot of willingness to keep sending guns but has openly grumped about humanitarian aid. I won’t go farther with that on the DT board, but that is the angle to look at. 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Then buckle up, buttercup, because the expected House Majority Leader told you that's exactly what we're going to do.

I hate this fucking timeline so, so, so much.

So open up the depots in Germany now. Transfer the APS fleet's load to the Poles, let them come back and refill. USMC Pre-positioned? head to Norway and drop your shit off. See you at Blount Island for Christmas. Sign any contract we can with the eastern nato countries and fill up their arsenal. Yo, Algeria, ya want some Korean tanks? Send those T-72's to Ukraine. And sorry Saudi and the UAE, make peace in Yemen cuz those Patriot refills are heading east. 

We have a ton of equipment in Europe we can transfer. Let the Ukrainians have it and defend Europe. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

im starting to think that any advancing force can be slowed down by masses of drones with varying amounts of explosives. 10's of thousands of them 

Here's my question....what is the typical altitude of the drones doing these grenade drops?

And then the next question....is there some sort of relatively cheap device (radar, sonar, something that picks up the radio guidance signals being sent to the drones) that can be mounted on vehicles?

Then the third question -- if they are detectable, and they are below a few hundred feet, could they be handled by a member of the platoon carrying a 10 gauge or something similar?

maxresdefault.jpg

In case it wasn't clear, I know next to nothing about drone interdiction, except those cool videos we all saw a few years ago about falcons taught to take them out at airports or some shit like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's my question....what is the typical altitude of the drones doing these grenade drops?

And then the next question....is there some sort of relatively cheap device (radar, sonar, something that picks up the radio guidance signals being sent to the drones) that can be mounted on vehicles?

Then the third question -- if they are detectable, and they are below a few hundred feet, could they be handled by a member of the platoon carrying a 10 gauge or something similar?

maxresdefault.jpg

In case it wasn't clear, I know next to nothing about drone interdiction, except those cool videos we all saw a few years ago about falcons taught to take them out at airports or some shit like that.

the one upthread showed a drop at :22 and impact at :27, so a little 9.8m/s^2  / 32.2 m/s^2 says --

delta x = 1/2 a t^2 = 400 feet

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck 10 g. Give them M-79's with flechette rounds. 40mm canon and will hit that high. 

Well, see, my firearms background is more of the redneck variety, not the combat-trained variety, so I appreciate your input.

Either way, I think shooting drones down would be fun as shit:

clay-pigeon.gif

I mean, if the Russians tried it, it would probably go more like this, but still:

gun-fail-guns.gif

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

the one upthread showed a drop at :22 and impact at :27, so a little 9.8m/s^2  / 32.2 m/s^2 says --

delta x = 1/2 a t^2 = 400 feet

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, see, my firearms background is more of the redneck variety, not the combat-trained variety, so I appreciate your input.

Either way, I think shooting drones down would be fun as shit:

clay-pigeon.gif

I mean, if the Russians tried it, it would probably go more like this, but still:

gun-fail-guns.gif

200.gif

I hope Future Command and some students from RLM are working on this. 

And yeah, I would love to go drone hunting. 

OR we could make mini catapults with lots of BB's. I would shoot those as well and no radar/heat signature. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Quoted for the pup. That’s a very good doggo.

Man, I miss my labs.  Had labs for 25 years, retrieved SO many birds.  Had to put our last one down a month after the snowpocalypse....and don't know if we have another dog in us.  But damn, a good, birdy retriever is one of the best things in life.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Man, I miss my labs.  Had labs for 25 years, retrieved SO many birds.  Had to put our last one down a month after the snowpocalypse....and don't know if we have another dog in us.  But damn, a good, birdy retriever is one of the best things in life.

Get your travel on, brother, now that you don’t have to be home by 5 to let the dog out.

At some point, you’ll start surfing dog sites and a very good boy/girl will find you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

maxresdefault.jpg

They would be somewhere in-between picking up mallards as they descend into a field and geese flying high in formation under a blue sky. 10 gauge even with buckshot won't bring them down unless you are the one being targeted and the drone is right over your head.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

They would be somewhere in-between picking up mallards as they descend into a field and geese flying high in formation under a blue sky. 10 gauge even with buckshot won't bring them down unless you are the one being targeted and the drone is right over your head.

What about this 8 gauge I found online?

PatKTR0tIVD6q4Ml-Bn6fOU3sWaA5RarxillJHOa

• Haha 1

The ones I've seen have been delta wing designs. You'd have to put a really big hole in it to get a delta wing to lose lift.

That said, they are big and clumsy, not at all maneuverable and with a distinctive radar signal. We need to get Ukraine more air defense systems and they'll fuck these Iranian drones up. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What about this 8 gauge I found online?

PatKTR0tIVD6q4Ml-Bn6fOU3sWaA5RarxillJHOa

It would be fun except for the fact that you would be shooting at something that can fire back. And if it is anything like my hunting, I would need lots of boxes of shells and an ice pack. Oh, and a cooler.

Edited by Bevo

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It would be fun except for the fact that you would be shooting at something that can fire back. And if it is anything like my hunting, I would need lots of boxes of shells and an ice pack. Oh, and a cooler.

Should be safe trying to shoot them. The ones the Russians have been using are delta wing kamikaze drones and not very agile at the speeds they fly. I also read that they are pre-programed with a target, so they can't be jammed as easily. 

image.thumb.png.96464f6fb2760a4237e8fabbf6a2ca7e.png

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

“I think people are gonna be sitting in a recession and they’re not going to write a blank check to Ukraine,” he recently told Punchbowl News. “They just won’t do it.”

McCarthy suggested that Americans want Congress to focus on issues closer to home.

“There’s the things [the Biden administration] is not doing domestically,” he said. “Not doing the border, and people begin to weigh that. Ukraine is important, but at the same time, it can’t be the only thing they do, and it can’t be a blank check.”

We should definitely invest in a border wall instead of Ukraine.  

• Hook 'Em 1