Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Well, if Iran ships missiles with a 300-700km range, I think that opens the door for us to do the same.

nah, though we all want to see the UA hammer Russia no reason. Push their asses back to the shithole they call the motherland and let them stay there. Build up a massive border defense and say fuck you Ivan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

nah, though we all want to see the UA hammer Russia no reason. Push their asses back to the shithole they call the motherland and let them stay there. Build up a massive border defense and say fuck you Ivan. 

Yeah, it just pisses me off. I guess that's the point. Putin seems to really want a war with the West. I guess it is about the only thing that can save his ass - for about 3 weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well.......

This, and

This.

Read that Estonian article linked a couple of pages back.  It's been the Russian nature since Ivan the Terrible.  Their most consistent weapon/tactic for centuries has been "cruelty."  It's not a bug, it's a feature.  It's THE feature.

We wanted to convince ourselves that Russians don't suck, that their culture is actually capable of functioning in the civilized world.  We lied to ourselves to believe that.  They are not.  They probably never will be.

Germany had some really shitty parts of its cultural nature.  It took complete and total defeat, unconditional surrender, and reconstruction under the firm hand of the liberal democratic order to reign those in.

Japan had some really shitty parts of its cultural nature.  It took complete and total defeat, unconditional surrender, and reconstruction under the firm hand of the liberal democratic order to reign those in.

Russia has some really shitty parts of its cultural nature.  The fact that it has never been conquered and had that bullshit beaten out of it is presenting the world with quite a problem.

"Rein."

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Lend Lease passed and started. The White House can send Ukraine anything they want to send. This is nonsense fear-mongering and the folks in this thread should know better than to fall for it.

I don't know if it is fear mongering but more a message that things at home are being neglected and need mending. Does lend lease cover both humanitarian aid and weapons aid? Other than the question, let's drop it before it gets cloaked. It is impossible for a group of 10,000 to talk around stuff without it becoming a shit-fest.

10 minutes ago, Parliament said:

That Hungary thing baffles me.  I understand that nostalgia for the old days is always a thing, even when that thing ultimately lost (The South, Communism, etc.)  But in this case they're allying with the side that's losing in real time.  

What's the logic of that?

It is interesting. I lived in Hungary in 1990. And they loved America back then. Like I could have dated whoever I wanted. It was the American dream that brought them out from under Russia's thumb. And they hated Russia and wouldn't even consider speaking the language. But when I went back there about 4 years ago, the price of goods seemed very close to those of Western Europe and salary has not kept pace. So basically inflation has turned them from loving the West to wherever they are now. Hopefully, it is just a temporary thing.

• Hook 'Em 4

34 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't know if it is fear mongering but more a message that things at home are being neglected and need mending. Does lend lease cover both humanitarian aid and weapons aid? Other than the question, let's drop it before it gets cloaked. It is impossible for a group of 10,000 to talk around stuff without it becoming a shit-fest.

The point is that both the Congressman in question and the people quoting him and overreacting to it are full of shit, because Congress has nothing to do with what aid is sent to Ukraine from this month on until Lead-Lease expires. That's what Lend-Lease is for, and that's why they scheduled it to start now: To allow the Executive Branch to throw any and all support needed to Ukraine without political interference.

These windbags can say whatever nonsense they like; it's out of their hands, now.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

In regard to some stuff @MillerEP posted,

Moldova fully mobilizing depending on what happens in Ukraine sounds like they maybe prepping to kick their own Russian occupiers out if Ukraine continues to wreck the Russian military.  And there’s no way Russia will be able to reinforce whatever troops are left (some have already fled) as Ukraine will take out those reinforcements.  And I think Ukraine offered to help Moldova.

This is something that a lot of people have been missing the point of: Belarus "Now, mobilized people are being transported to the territory of Belarus. The paradox is that ammunition, equipment, tanks, armored vehicles and trucks are exported from Belarus,

Russians are sending their mobilized to Belarus to be trained either because their training infrastructure is shit, or they are worried they will run away if in Russia, and it’s easier to control them in Belarus, or both.

Belarus is shipping tanks and other vehicles to Russia because Belarus has been repairing a bunch damaged in Ukraine.   Not sure if it’s because Russia can’t repair them, or they are overwhelmed, or they mobilized too many men who could repair them, or a combination.  

Russia has not provided what would be needed to invade Ukraine from Belarus, so it’s a non-starter.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

we have all kinds of documentation about Russians not caring about comrades.

that being said, considering the entire back end of the tank, incl the turret seem to have been on fire for more than 50 seconds, there is a better than 90% chance the 2  guys in the turret were either dead already or completely incapacitated and that tank seemed like it was about to pop its top at any second. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

that being said, considering the entire back end of the tank, incl the turret seem to have been on fire for more than 50 seconds, there is a better than 90% chance the 2  guys in the turret were either dead already or completely incapacitated and that tank seemed like it was about to pop its top at any second. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Holy shit…for context, the Ukrainians found a civilian execution video on the phone of a dead Russian and passed it around,   Russian TV showed a little of it (they ended the clip before it could be identified as Russians doing the killing, you can find the full video that shows the Russians involved if you look) and claimed it was Ukrainians   

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

By the way, you all have probably seen the full video, it was posted here a few days ago, it’s the Russian soldiers marching the nude Ukrainian up a hill and then rolling him into a pit after shooting him,  the Russians cut the video up, reversed something, and blurred it and claim it was Ukrainians doing it.

FfY3YQZWYAA1UXJ?format=jpg&name=large

FfY3YQVXwAYvAvs?format=jpg&name=large

FfY3YQbXkAE_Lgz?format=jpg&name=large

FfY3YQZXoAAhfur?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

That Hungary thing baffles me.  I understand that nostalgia for the old days is always a thing, even when that thing ultimately lost (The South, Communism, etc.)  But in this case they're allying with the side that's losing in real time.  

What's the logic of that?

Pointless alliances and self-harming shit-stirring are pretty much what the Magyar does. That, and Dracula accents.

^^^this statement was fact-checked by local demi-hungarian Mrs. Canecutter: "Yep. That's why we leave."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Pointless alliances and self-harming shit-stirring are pretty much what the Magyar does. That, and Dracula accents.
^^^this statement was fact-checked by local demi-hungarian Mrs. Canecutter: "Yep. That's why we leave."

Fuckers don’t even speak an indo-European language. They should go back to huddling around fires in their mud huts.
They make a good goulash, though.
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Yep. Not gonna judge about anybody who manages to bail out of one of those death traps.

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuckers don’t even speak an indo-European language. They should go back to huddling around fires in their mud huts.
They make a good goulash, though.

Non-Indo-European yet oddly parallel, as if angry chipmunks redid the for-loops and if-then statements of, I dunno, slurred Welsh rugby players trying to order pizza in a French cafe, with some Turkish waiter vowel-harmonizing in the background.

Here Todd Herkheiser demonstrates its versatility as only an actor of his caliber can:

https://www.jesusfilm.org/watch/jesus.html/the-lord-prayer/hungarian.html

Pretty sure that this side of the Atlantic the language was mostly used to discuss non-Hungarian ethnic groups, so if you hear it spoken here, they're talking about you.

• Haha 4