Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Post Oak said:

A man shows Pelley pics of his young son.  "What was he killed for? Why did he have to die?  How can I live without him? I'll never hug him again". 

I can't do it sometimes. I saw an old gran greeting the boys. They cry and I get a sinus outbreak.

Killed a fucking conductor. Ballet star died lobbing rounds from a mortar.

That kid playing in the crater that was his playground.

I still see the bodies in the half assed ditch.

Momma buried in the garden.

It wears on me from a long ways away.

They get to try to survive.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Russian Air Force:  they claim 2x what they think they have, and actually have half of what they think they have. 

You leave Wally Fairway's 401k out of this!

I'm no expert.... but that is bigger than himars, right? 

Somewhat longer range.  Will push Russian supply lines further back.

Edited by Parliament

26 minutes ago, pops said:

I'm no expert.... but that is bigger than himars, right? 

Yes. HIMARS is truck based and carries one 6x MLRS/ 1x ATACMS missile pod, while the M270 is tracked (Bradley chassis) and carries two 6x MLRS/ 1x ATACMS missile pods.

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Give them both. 

They are getting both chassis, though not the ATACMS missiles officially.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 3

They are getting both chassis, though not the ATACMS missiles officially.
And atacms is the old single missile per pod thing we're in the process of moving on from. The new precision strike munition can use 2 per pod with more range (no longer treaty-limited).

I suspect part of the reason we're not sending a bunch of atacms to Ukraine is to not deplete stockpiles of something that might be needed should china decide to fuck around in Taiwan. I don't think we're making any more atacms and I'm not sure precision strike rockets are on the assembly line.
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, elfenix said:

And atacms is the old single missile per pod thing we're in the process of moving on from. The new precision strike munition can use 2 per pod with more range (no longer treaty-limited).

I suspect part of the reason we're not sending a bunch of atacms to Ukraine is to not deplete stockpiles of something that might be needed should china decide to fuck around in Taiwan. I don't think we're making any more atacms and I'm not sure precision strike rockets are on the assembly line.

We have plenty of ATACMS to spare, they're not being sent because we don't want to eScAlaTe!1!

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Anyone know if have old M133s to give them?   I mean, Bradleys with TOW anti-tank missiles would be nice, but shouldn’t we have a bunch of those doing nothing?

We, and allies, have sent M113s and TOWS. Still, we should send more imo.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Seems like using these drones against concrete buildings is kind of dumb. Oh wait, that is all they have left. 

Russia, 2020- Major Weapons Exporter. 

Russia, 2022- Buying shit from Iran. 

Unfortunately the longer range (300km-700km) Iranian missiles are apparently pretty decent in terms of accuracy.

• Hook 'Em 1

A friend’s company has hired some Russian IT workers out of Georgia (they had business dealings with/in Russia before February), and we were talking about it,

Roughly 700,000 to possibly over a million Russians bailed after February.  These are people who early on didn’t agree with the war and/or were afraid they’d be prosecuted at some point, or later on were men afraid of being mobilized.  Either these people didn’t trust Putin and buy into the Russian government’s bullshit, or they were getting information from outside of Russia that contradicted what they are told through official channels.

That group includes a shitload of younger Russians which are needed in the Russian economy and to make future Russian babies, but also many  Russians who had accumulated a decent chunk of money for a Russian (not oligarch level obviously, but mid-upper six figures and up into the millions) that were either worried about mobilization or losing their savings (rubles possibly becoming even shittier) or whatever.  That last group would be creating or owning a lot of smaller businesses going forward (or at least investing).  And something like well over 100,000 IT workers are known to have bailed, which is bad going forward.

That’s  really bad for economic and demographic reasons, but short-term that removes a shitload of people who might present some kind of resistance, open or otherwise, to Putin.  That doesn’t mean that everybody who is left is pro-Putin or pro-war, since many are stuck behind because they don’t have the money or connections to leave or they have something tying them down (family).

But what about the hundreds of thousands who have already been to Ukraine, prior to the mobilized?  That’s a huge fucking chunk of people who have got to have some kind of anger (remember, many were conned and told they weren’t going to war until they were crossing into Ukraine).  We know the Russian government can’t even provide for soldiers going to Ukraine so no way they can take care of those men when they come home, and those men are going to talk.  A lot.  Pissed off Russian soldiers sowed a lot of dissent and caused problems for the existing leadership in Russia during/after WWI, and during/after Afghanistan.  They are going to have people angry that they “lost” Ukraine and blaming them for Russia’s problems, and they are going to have government officials who wish they would go stay out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

They will have serious problems with PTSD and other problems (health) and they will have a huge disdain for the government that they feel didn’t support them like they should have.  And you know that if some Russian cop, or politician or maybe a manager at work, gives them shit, they’re liable to attack them.  Or if some civilian spouts off the bullshit from Russian state media.

Not sure where I’m going with this, but these things are really bad for Putin, and I’d even argue that Putin has to keep Russian veterans outside of Russia.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 7

42 drones out of the 300 they claim to have left from Iran, and instead of swarming an armored repair depot or ammo dump, they instead send them in mass for targets in cities... And the outcome was a predictable ineffective raid that was much more about terror than achieving any form of a military target.

Why waste the drones that you have like this? Also, know the UKA knows that the likely upper limit of drones that RU can operate concurrently is around 40. Such a pointless allocation of resources.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Some vids of the drone attacks in Kyiv. Would small arms fire actually stop any of these Shahed drones?

Maybe - they might be trying to detonate it in the air, or if it’s guided remotely, prevent it from hitting its target.

This was from the video of the cops shooting at it, so it was damned close

FfRZ9cxXgAE-OeM?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

42 drones out of the 300 they claim to have left from Iran, and instead of swarming an armored repair depot or ammo dump, they instead send them in mass for targets in cities... And the outcome was a predictable ineffective raid that was much more about terror than achieving any form of a military target.

Why waste the drones that you have like this? Also, know the UKA knows that the likely upper limit of drones that RU can operate concurrently is around 40. Such a pointless allocation of resources.

Putin has gone full Hitler, and would rather terrorize civilians and by proxy spare the Ukrainian military.

Its fucking crazy how militarily stupid this is.  Pisses off the population even more, makes him look even more like a shittastic third-world dictator and makes it easy for the West to justify supporting Ukraine, and he’s fast approaching the point where he won’t have this inventory to attack Ukraine with.

It’s like he was given the choice to A) kill a couple of people, including a pregnant woman, and temporarily knock out power to a thousand folks, or B) take out Ukrainian troops or vehicles, or C) Save the money and spend it on body armor and winter clothing for his troops, and every time he’s like “fuck it, kill the pregnant woman and knock out the power for a few hours”.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Putin has gone full Hitler, and would rather terrorize civilians and by proxy spare the Ukrainian military.

Its fucking crazy how militarily stupid this is.  Pisses off the population even more, makes him look even more like a shittastic third-world dictator and makes it easy for the West to justify supporting Ukraine, and he’s fast approaching the point where he won’t have this inventory to attack Ukraine with.

It’s like he was given the choice to A) kill a couple of people, including a pregnant woman, and temporarily knock out power to a thousand folks, or B) take out Ukrainian troops or vehicles, or C) Save the money and spend it on body armor and winter clothing for his troops, and every time he’s like “fuck it, kill the pregnant woman and knock out the power for a few hours”.

I'm not in the minds of Ukrainians but drone bombing the Kiev citizens appears to be a desperate move on Putin or whoever made this decision.

This can anger Ukrainians where accepting a Russian withdrawal is not enough. They will want to retribution for acts like this.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

They've already bought more, supposedly 2400, though I'm not sure I believe that number.

https://www.iranintl.com/en/202210111957

https://www.jpost.com/international/article-719786

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Rage+1 1