Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

🤬 Kherson school where Russian pigs lived for many months

It's just pzdts...They live in shit and wanted to drown Ukraine in their shit 🤬

️ Household facilities on the Russian missile cruiser Marshal Ustinov (similar to the cruiser Moskva)

▪️ This is how the rooms look in the next #аналоговнет . The Russian world is the Russian world everywhere.

Wherever you go, you take yourself everywhere with you. So do the Russians 🤡

• Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wasn’t the midi ball developed around the same time?

The Minie Ball was invented in 1847, but didn't really come into use here until about the time of the Civil War. It was apparently used in the Crimean War a decade earlier, but we don't really get into wars like that in our education system. Buy, yeah, I would put the Minie Ball  down as one of those developments that had a huge impact. While it was a pretty short lived innovation due to the subsequent development of the metallic cartridge, it proved that rifled weapons had an important place on the battlefield compared to smooth bored muskets.

As far as the American Revolution is concerned, the rifle was more of a niche weapon. It absolutely made a difference due to colonial sharp shooters and such, but muzzleloading rifles are slow to reload and not much use in the frontlines of battles as they were fought at the time. They are a blast to shoot and hunt with however. These days I find myself more and more wanting to hunt with my flintlock rifle and decked out in historically accurate clothes and stuff just because I'm a weirdo who likes to get back to my roots and do things the way my ancestors did things when they settled Mexican Texas.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Winter is going to be an absolute disaster for Russia.

I think it’s going to shine a spotlight on all of the problems with RU’s military.

If you think about the differential in capabilities between each force right now, I think that differential becomes much larger over the course of the next few months.

I expect UKR is going to take advantage of that as opposed to slow things down this winter.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Winter is going to be an absolute disaster for Russia.

I think it’s going to shine a spotlight on all of the problems with RU’s military.

If you think about the differential in capabilities between each force right now, I think that differential becomes much larger over the course of the next few months.

I expect UKR is going to take advantage of that as opposed to slow things down this winter.

Putin is flailing and is trying to launch peace talks now, when he’s weakened. I don’t know, though, if I expect more huge gains soon. As I posted above, this is a rational battlefield decision. Russia found itself strung out, trying to defend a crazy long front with too few people, too little equipment, and gave Ukraine the option of flexibility on where to attack. They are still somewhat in that position, but these new lines offer fewer juicy salients and fewer realistic vectors of attack.  I do think we will see Ukraine keep the pressure on, just don’t know if we see a huge victory like we did near Izyum or in Kherson.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Putin is flailing and is trying to launch peace talks now, when he’s weakened. I don’t know, though, if I expect more huge gains soon. As I posted above, this is a rational battlefield decision. Russia found itself strung out, trying to defend a crazy long front with too few people, too little equipment, and gave Ukraine the option of flexibility on where to attack. They are still somewhat in that position, but these new lines offer fewer juicy salients and fewer realistic vectors of attack.  I do think we will see Ukraine keep the pressure on, just don’t know if we see a huge victory like we did near Izyum or in Kherson.

How well can you defend a position if you are freezing and starving to death?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

How well can you defend a position if you are freezing and starving to death?

If you have enough tampons and pads in your first aid kit, maybe you can make a blanket?

I don’t see Ukraine slowing down too much - the West has really stepped up the supplies these past few weeks, including winter gear.  Meanwhile, Russia is trying to buy clothing from North Korea.

And a lot of Russian stuff is in HIMARS range - at the very least, Ukraine will take the Donbas, which means cutting off the land bridge to Crimea, which really puts the Russians in a bind,

But that’s also part of why the Russians bailed on Kherson - they need those troops to try and keep the land corridor to Crimea wide enough that their supply lines are out of artillery range.

• Hook 'Em 1