Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Wagner and russian professionals should be treated like the SS.  Killed or Crippled on site.  Sledgehammer to the spine and then traded back as an invalid.  

Yep, the fact that the head of Wagner is bragging about the sledgehammer video and saying “a dog gets a dog’s death” about it speaks volumes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

She went to an American school.  30+ year-old American weapons are kicking the shit out of Russians.

But we are stupid.

FhdQp08XEAETjDP?format=jpg&name=large

As a life-long American, I understand why someone would say we are "stupid."  Let's be honest; we don't always carry ourselves well.  But calling the British "hypocritical," is out of line.  She needs to apologize.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

If I was Russia I’d call up 300 congressmen and say:

If R- “we’ve got to be America first.  We can’t keep shipping weapons to places that are none of our business.  I’ve got $5MM for your PAC if you take this position. Sponsor a bill like that and it gets voted on? I’ll double it.”

If D- “We cannot indefinitely promote the military industrial complex.  We salute the flag, not the CEO of Lockheed. The culture of death has to stop.  I’ve got $5MM for your favorite PAC if you take this position. Sponsor a bill like that and it gets voted on? I’ll double it.”

That’s $1.5B.   That would be their best military expense by miles.

48 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

If I was Russia I’d call up 300 congressmen and say:

If R- “we’ve got to be America first.  We can’t keep shipping weapons to places that are none of our business.  I’ve got $5MM for your PAC if you take this position. Sponsor a bill like that and it gets voted on? I’ll double it.”

If D- “We cannot indefinitely promote the military industrial complex.  We salute the flag, not the CEO of Lockheed. The culture of death has to stop.  I’ve got $5MM for your favorite PAC if you take this position. Sponsor a bill like that and it gets voted on? I’ll double it.”

That’s $1.5B.   That would be their best military expense by miles.

It's an absolute certainty that they ARE doing this.

It's not working.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Taking the peninsula seems like a big deal and would give them strategic advantage over the gulf.

Hopping the river, even if it’s way out there on the peninsula is a start, but this is a long way from being valuable. The issue is that moving eastward enough to make it a viable beachhead is going to be slow going, if not impossible. 

It isn’t a spot that makes sense to place any form of artillery or rocket inplacements because it is completely isolated and is difficult to resupply and limited terrain to move around on to help against counter battery concepts. It might be an interesting spot to help extend an antiair screen which limits attack runs from below Kherson and in effect makes all air strikes flying straight into Kherson.

But, this is a nice PR win by being able to say they have officially hopped the river and are in Crimea.

14 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Hopping the river, even if it’s way out there on the peninsula is a start, but this is a long way from being valuable. The issue is that moving eastward enough to make it a viable beachhead is going to be slow going, if not impossible. 

It isn’t a spot that makes sense to place any form of artillery or rocket inplacements because it is completely isolated and is difficult to resupply and limited terrain to move around on to help against counter battery concepts. It might be an interesting spot to help extend an antiair screen which limits attack runs from below Kherson and in effect makes all air strikes flying straight into Kherson.

But, this is a nice PR win by being able to say they have officially hopped the river and are in Crimea.

It’s not Crimea, it is Kherson Oblast.  Not sure about how it plays militarily, but is good PR as they are technically on the West Bank of the Dnipro.

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Taking the peninsula seems like a big deal and would give them strategic advantage over the gulf.

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

The PR and psychological aspect alone is huge, and they might be under the protection of St. HIMARS.

Makes me wonder - a lot of the military packages that we announce, are already on their way by the time we publicize them, and we announced a bunch of riverine assault boats recently, and they are made just for something like this.

Even if it’s just a bunch of infantry and spotters with drones, MANPADS, and Javelins/NLAWs, they can still do some major damage, shut down a fairly large area, and provide a springboard for assaults down the peninsula.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The PR and psychological aspect alone is huge, and they might be under the protection of St. HIMARS.

Makes me wonder - a lot of the military packages that we announce, are already on their way by the time we publicize them, and we announced a bunch of riverine assault boats recently, and they are made just for something like this.

Even if it’s just a bunch of infantry and spotters with drones, MANPADS, and Javelins/NLAWs, they can still do some major damage, shut down a fairly large area, and provide a springboard for assaults down the peninsula.

It also fucks with their plan to transfer most of the forces that were formerly on the right bank of the Dnipro eastward towards Melitopol and Luhansk.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Pretty much has to be true. Otherwise, how could they get to the peninsula?

It’s not Crimea, it is Kherson Oblast.  Not sure about how it plays militarily, but is good PR as they are technically on the West Bank of the Dnipro.

It is actually Mykolaiv Oblast and M777s can provide artillery support from across water.

Wonder if they ate trying to lure RU navy out for another attack on it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

It is actually Mykolaiv Oblast and M777s can provide artillery support from across water.

Wonder if they ate trying to lure RU navy out for another attack on it.

Probably not their focus but if it happens, it happens. I think they will start moving east and enter Crimea and leave Melitopol and Mariupol for now.

• Hook 'Em 1