Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

And Ukraine needs to be given long-range strike capability.  It's long past time.

No, don't hit Russia. Let it implode as it is. Partisans can keep burning down factories. Good. Seems like the UA is doing fine. 

Keep building the UA. The only concern I have is do they have the manpower to continue. Oh sorry, their women are also bad asses. 

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

That's our perspective, where we care mostly about military strategy.  They have their own countrymen suffering under rule of Russia in the cities where war crimes are commonplace.  They've got to balance the humanitarian side of it with military.

And that is very hard. Battlefields are chaos. The UA has done a very good job. No reason to stop that approach now. Plus their PR people are doing great showing the difference. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

No, don't hit Russia. Let it implode as it is. Partisans can keep burning down factories. Good. Seems like the UA is doing fine. 

Keep building the UA. The only concern I have is do they have the manpower to continue. Oh sorry, their women are also bad asses. 

I don't think he's advocating hitting Russia proper.  I think he's talking about giving Ukraine the capability to hit the Russian installations/airfields/ships that are responsible for firing the long-range weapons at Ukrainian civilians and infrastructure.

And I agree.  Russia has been allowed to murder civilians for far too long.  Any "escalation" that occurs from enabling Ukraine to take out their long-range strike capabilities, is going to happen eventually anyway.  So enough with allowing Russia to murder civilians.  That needs to end, now.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I don't think he's advocating hitting Russia proper.  I think he's talking about giving Ukraine the capability to hit the Russian installations/airfields/ships that are responsible for firing the long-range weapons at Ukrainian civilians and infrastructure.

And I agree.  Russia has been allowed to murder civilians for far too long.  Any "escalation" that occurs from enabling Ukraine to take out their long-range strike capabilities, is going to happen eventually anyway.  So enough with allowing Russia to murder civilians.  That needs to end, now.

A lot of that is coming from Russia proper. Their Bears and Backfires are not flying out of the occupied territories. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

A lot of that is coming from Russia proper. Their Bears and Backfires are not flying out of the occupied territories. 

Right-- but they're not civilian or infrastructure targets.  That's what I'm talking about when I say Russia proper.  A military target that is being used to murder your civilians is fair game, no matter where it is.  And I fully support enabling Ukraine to take them out.

Russia will claim it's an "escalation" but they're going to claim that of any action we take, regardless.  So it's time to end their capability to murder civilians.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And yeah, I say hit 'em on the ground at their bases.  Russia plays stupid games with them, it should win stupid prizes.

Yup.  Time to make them pay.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And yeah, I say hit 'em on the ground at their bases.  Russia plays stupid games with them, it should win stupid prizes.

Agree, and beef up air defenses. They can move their aircraft out of range and still hit the UA. 

as long as China, India buy oil and Turkey keeps playing the grain game Russia will keep forces in place. They can sustain losses if defending ground. What they have lost is the capacity to launch offensive operations. Focus on their military for sure. Stay away from playing their game. 

And for that matter, maybe it is time for some factories in Iran to burn down due to smoking. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Agree, and beef up air defenses. They can move their aircraft out of range and still hit the UA. 

as long as China, India buy oil and Turkey keeps playing the grain game Russia will keep forces in place. They can sustain losses if defending ground. What they have lost is the capacity to launch offensive operations. Focus on their military for sure. Stay away from playing their game. 

And for that matter, maybe it is time for some factories in Iran to burn down due to smoking. 

I am hopeful that our "friends" in Mossad are thinking the same way your are...

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

Several missiles today got launched from Astrakhan region. 

Maybe it is time to equip the Georgians. Rile up the mountain tribes. Damn if there was a time for Turkey to retake their linguistic empire it is now. 

How nice would it be to see Putin's palace burnt to the ground? I mean, one careless maid smoking next to a curtain after spilling some wood polish. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Maybe it is time to equip the Georgians. Rile up the mountain tribes. Damn if there was a time for Turkey to retake their linguistic empire it is now. 

How nice would it be to see Putin's palace burnt to the ground? I mean, one careless maid smoking next to a curtain after spilling some wood polish. 

Let's maybe just take a break on the Turkey bit.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Why? They have always countered Russia in the Stan's and mountains. 

Because Turkey is not our friend.  That's not to say that they can't be useful.  But I think we've distinctly seen the limitations of the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" strategy in the Middle East.

I'm fine with Turkey exercising its soft power in Central Asia, which is underpinned by their ethnic and linguistic ties.  That can be an important tie toward bring the Central Asian countries into the Western fold (and extracting them from Russia's orbit).  

But damned if I want to see Turkey use any hard power in the area.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Because Turkey is not our friend.  That's not to say that they can't be useful.  But I think we've distinctly seen the limitations of the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" strategy in the Middle East.

I'm fine with Turkey exercising its soft power in Central Asia, which is underpinned by their ethnic and linguistic ties.  That can be an important tie toward bring the Central Asian countries into the Western fold (and extracting them from Russia's orbit).  

But damned if I want to see Turkey use any hard power in the area.

I said linguistic. That is soft power. Plus his army is worried about the southern border and the Kurds. 

Turkey does not scare me like Russia does. The only nukes in the country are ours. We cannot expect the Eastern World to think like we do nor expect them to have our norms. I am not a fan of Erdogan but he is better than Putin. 

My point is there are other pressure points on Russia. Would be nice to see them used. 

• Like 1

Seeing these older relics being captured out on the battlefield makes me wonder what the hell the RU troops think when they are assigned one of these...

A 55 year old tank with no tech and limited ammo capacity and limited speed and maneuverability out there on today's battlefield. We make light of the fact that our tech from the 90s is reaking havoc on the current gen of RU equipment and yet Ol Sergey gets to roll up to the front with something out of a museum. If that isnt a death sentence, I dont know what is

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

This.  We don't need to be pumping up Erdogan's authoritarian Turkish nationalism anymore than it is already.  It ends badly.

I would rather see his than the Mullahs of Iran and Putin controlling the region. 

It is a region where there are three powers. Turkey is one of them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Seeing these older relics being captured out on the battlefield makes me wonder what the hell the RU troops think when they are assigned one of these...

A 55 year old tank with no tech and limited ammo capacity and limited speed and maneuverability out there on today's battlefield. We make light of the fact that our tech from the 90s is reaking havoc on the current gen of RU equipment and yet Ol Sergey gets to roll up to the front with something out of a museum. If that isnt a death sentence, I dont know what is

Ukraine is going to wind up with the best Russian armor museum in the world when this is all over.  And I, for one, plan to go visit and drop some money there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I went ahead and read Putin’s essay/screed from 2021 “On the Ukraine Question”. Took a little over ten minutes (would have taken longer if I cared enough to google more about every 14th century Russian prince he mentioned). 

He’s crazy. It’s like “Mein Kampf”- when someone tells you who they are that explicitly, you need to believe him. Anyway, he sees two acceptable outcomes for Ukraine (all of it)-

1. Reabsorbed into Russia, or

2. A Russian puppet state

This hard, miserable war will end, most likely, with a hard, militarized border. Whether that border is in Ukraine or on the official border of Russia is what is being determined by the fighting. I see decades of hostility, with Ukraine spending a hell of a lot more than 2% of GDP on defense. If Ukraine makes the right choices (liberal democracy, free markets, rule of law), time is on their side. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I would rather see his than the Mullahs of Iran and Putin controlling the region. 

It is a region where there are three powers. Turkey is one of them. 

Three powers but innumerable interests all pointing in various and contradictory directions.  One thing is for sure in the Middle East - when you try and do one thing, about 30 other imponderable and undesirables come about.    

I take your point, Erdogan is the better of the three you reference.  But I don't think he would have any problems pointing anyone he brought closer to him at the US or the West in general.  As GOLL said, he is not our friend.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Three powers but innumerable interests all pointing in various and contradictory directions.  One thing is for sure in the Middle East - when you try and do one thing, about 30 other imponderable and undesirables come about.    

I take your point, Erdogan is the better of the three you reference.  But I don't think he would have any problems pointing anyone he brought closer to him at the US or the West in general.  As GOLL said, he is not our friend.

No he isn't and he is playing his own game. Shit, wish we had up armed the Kurds and let them go for independence. Assad would be done. Turkey is going to play the game they always played. Playing us (and the brits) vs. the Russians. For instance, they let ISIS fighters in, and then joined the coalition to kick their asses. 

Enough Turkey Talk, lets focus on how we, the Surl, plan the fucking up of Russia and the liberation of Ukraine. 

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

this could change everything

image.png.59edc28de8cbed0ce035233fdbff9946.png

Seeing this on Twitter, but nothing from a trusted source. Fuck if true. All patriots to the border. Shoot down anything approaching a NATO country's airspace, which should extend into Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

if this is true and missiles have killed poles within polish borders, what are the offramps russia could have here?  is there any hope of just one surgical retaliatory strike and that's it?  

None. Say sorry. Don't hit them. Condemn them for two generations. They allowed Putin to become who he is. They think they are bad asses? 

But I wonder...... Recent days their pundits have been talking about hitting a NATO country to show they can. Did they? Either way they are fuckers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

No he isn't and he is playing his own game. Shit, wish we had up armed the Kurds and let them go for independence. Assad would be done. Turkey is going to play the game they always played. Playing us (and the brits) vs. the Russians. For instance, they let ISIS fighters in, and then joined the coalition to kick their asses. 

Enough Turkey Talk, lets focus on how we, the Surl, plan the fucking up of Russia and the liberation of Ukraine. 

Seeing this on Twitter, but nothing from a trusted source. Fuck if true. All patriots to the border. Shoot down anything approaching a NATO country's airspace, which should extend into Ukraine. 

This is the Polish PM Press Secretary confirming the meeting of the security council and all ministers.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

None. Say sorry. Don't hit them. Condemn them for two generations. They allowed Putin to become who he is. They think they are bad asses? 

But I wonder...... Recent days their pundits have been talking about hitting a NATO country to show they can. Did they? Either way they are fuckers. 

With the Russians...

spinal-tap.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

if this is true and missiles have killed poles within polish borders, what are the offramps russia could have here?  is there any hope of just one surgical retaliatory strike and that's it?  

Useless and dangerous to speculate here, so much depends on what Russia says/does in these next hours and what the Poles decide to ask for. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Ukraine is going to wind up with the best Russian armor museum in the world when this is all over.  And I, for one, plan to go visit and drop some money there.

there are going to be some confusing tours for elementary kids at those museums.

'wow! we captured russian tanks!?  what was is that one from?'

'well, we soundly defeated the russians in the great war of 2022.'

'no no no.  i'm talking about that decrepit artifact over there.'

'i know.'

• Haha 2

We've been saying for months that, with the Russians being as bad as they are at aiming their weapons and, you know, war in general-- something like this was inevitable.  I hope TPTB have been planning for this since the beginning and already have an appropriate response ready to go.

Edited by utee94

Not sure what would be considered an equivalent counter strike by Poland. My guess is that they are going to target some sort of missile prep or programming facility instead of something truly tangible on the battlefield.

Will be real curious what the Russian diplomatic response will be because it’s real hard to claim false flag when everyone can track the launch data.. 

https://wiadomosci.radiozet.pl/Polska/rakiety-spadly-na-polske-sa-ofiary-smiertelne

Here's a polish article I found on it, translation in quote:

Two stray rockets fell in the village of the Videes in the Lubian province on the Ukrainian border - Radio ZET has unofficially learned. They hit the grain dryer. Two people were killed. The police, prosecutors and the military are at the scene.

It is also unofficially known that military aircraft were torn. 

Rockets fell to Poland, there are victims
The fire department has previously confirmed that there have been explosions in the village of the Videos. "The reasons for this event are not known at the moment," said the spokesman of the Hrubieov State Fire Department in Hrubieov." In fact, when we arrive, we confirm that something like this happened. Two people were killed at the scene. "We are currently securing the scene and illuminating the action area," he added.

"We don't know what happened, the area is secured," said the explosions occurred when the tractor entered the weight. "We don't know what happened, the area is secured," said the Secretary of the Dolthobyk municipality.

In connection with the crisis situation, the Prime Minister has called a meeting at the BBN in consultation with the President. "I call not to publish unconfirmed information," said government spokesman Piotr Müller. 

• Hook 'Em 2