Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I've been hearing since the third day of the war that russia was running out of missiles, each time more specific numbers were used, but here we are.

I guess they will eventually run out.

It's the precision guided ones they are running out of (and seem to only use against civilians - which is stupid). 

They have plenty of unguided shit to load into GRADs. Unfortunately for them HIMARS entered the fray and is laying waste to their stockpiles as soon as they enter the country.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

Russians helping the Germans break the Versaille treaty started in 1922 with the Rapallo treaty and it's secret provision where they created 4 military bases/factories inside Russia for Germans to use to design,  test and build military hardware as well as train men. 

"Representatives of Germany and the Soviet Union met during the Genoa Conference in Italy in 1922. On 16 Apr, the two nations came to an agreement in the Italian town of Rapallo which later formalized as the Treaty of Rapallo. The agreement noted that the two nations would renounce all territorial and monetary claims against each other as the result of the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk at the end of WW1, and the two nations were to engage in friendly relations. The agreement was viewed with alarm by the United Kingdom, France, Finland, Poland, and the Baltic states. On 29 Jul, a secret clause was added. Under this new clause, the Soviet Union was to provide heavy weapons and facilities for German military training, which was prohibited by the Treaty of Versailles; meanwhile, Germany was to conduct training for the Soviet military and to provide the Soviet Union with an annual payment. The Treaty of Rapallo was formally signed in Berlin, Germany on 5 Nov 1922."

https://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=237

The Russians have always been wanna' be Nazi's.  Kinda like aggy  Nazi's.

And then the fuckers fought in Spain. Love how everyone overlooks that part of history. 

"Hey, you support them, I will support this group." Lets test our weapons. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Is it possible Russia did this intentionally to give themselves an offramp?  "In an effort to avoid a cataclysmic escalation, we will agree to withdraw."  I don't think so, but just positing.   

I would imagine if that was the case they would've done something grander than killing two poor grain workers. With that being said though, you never know with RuZZia, nothing they do makes sense. It's more likely they're just really bad at aiming missiles.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

What missle guidance doing?

As Gen Xer, I really feared Russian capabilities and thought they would smoke Ukraine and have a more thorough plan to execute a coup and topple Zelensky.

Since then, a single minded application of Slocums razor turns out to yield the correct answer.

Perfect citation to Slocum's razor.  Rep given.

Possibly stupid question, but let's say that after this whole Article 4 chat tomorrow, when NATO tells Poland to calm their tits and we'll put up restricted airspace but we're not gonna start WWIII over this, there's still nothing stopping Poland from launching retaliatory airstrikes against Moscow or whatever else they see fit, right?

That was the Simpsons. 
Anyways, off to go camp for a few weeks/months/years near Marfa. Anyone got some scotch they want to get rid of? 
I have an address of a 50s Era bombshelter in Marfa some family members own. Feel free to squeeze in. I'm out

Problem with Marfa is water and available game. And panicking hipsters.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

That was the Simpsons. 

Anyways, off to go camp for a few weeks/months/years near Marfa. Anyone got some scotch they want to get rid of? 

Maybe the Simpsons copied them, but it was about a survivalist who accidentally got himself trapped in a shelter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelter_Skelter

Harry Dobbs has built a fallout shelter in his basement for himself and his family and is training them in postwar survival. He mandates that his family not tell anyone else about the shelter. However, after his wife Sally leaves to visit her sister in Kansas City, taking their two children with her, Harry gets drunk and tells Nick, who works at Harry's gun store, about the shelter. Harry confesses he is looking forward to the inevitable nuclear war so the world will be rid of moral degenerates and he and his family can start over "in a purified world". Harry shows Nick the fallout shelter's communications, which include a hydraulic system that can raise and lower an antenna through tons of rubble, so he could communicate with other survivors after a nuclear attack.

Harry raises the antenna while turning on the TV. On the news, the U.S. military is on red alert. Harry calls Sally to come home. She refuses, saying that Harry cries wolf too often. A massive explosion occurs as Harry runs back to the shelter with Nick and shuts the door. The blast destroys the raised antenna, cutting off all contact with the outside. The radiation monitor is nearly at maximum, and Harry warns Nick that they cannot emerge until the radiation has died down.

Six weeks later, Nick hears people moving above and calls to them. Harry silences him, pointing out that the radiation is still high, meaning whoever is out there must be scavengers. After ten months, the radiation has not gone down and the generator has long since exhausted its power supply, leaving only candles and the red warning lamp for light. Stir crazy, Nick leaves the shelter. He returns and implores Harry to let him back in, saying the town has been reduced to rubble, there is no daylight, and it is freezing (the hypothesized symptoms of a nuclear winter). Harry refuses; since Nick is now contaminated, letting him back in will only cause both of them to suffer lingering deaths. With no one to talk to, Harry buries himself in survival prep.

On the surface, it is revealed that the explosion was a Broken Arrow incident in which a bomb detonated at the local air force base, destroying the town. The accident shocked the world from the brink of war. The blast crater is contained under a radiation proof dome - "The Peace Dome" - which serves as a memorial. Sally kept quiet about Harry being in the fallout shelter so that the children would no longer be exposed to his obsessive survivalism.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Funny to see all the bots suddenly posting in this thread peddling RU deniability. Weird that TWO missiles had the same issue

Who are these bots that you speak of? I think I'm seeing the same posters who have been posting since February. Anyway, if you have a problem with a post, report it to the mods.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

This is my take. Run to the bombs. It will just get worse if you somehow live.

I’ve got a coworker who I can’t stand but he has the best line about this (since I work in down town DC): When the Sirens go off, Ima hit the liquor store and head to the White House. Ain’t gonna feel a thing.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1