Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why would either happen? 

To my knowledge he didn’t break any rules. Did he delete them? Or a mod?

Because he is a troll and outright Russian invasion supporter.  He provides no value to this forum and never has. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Because he is a troll and outright Russian invasion supporter. 

Trolling would mean he didn’t support Russia’s invasion but pretended to in order to stir the hornet’s nest.

I honestly don’t get a glimpse into Tucker Carlson’s world, but we should remember there are tens of millions of folks that actually believe whatever he is spewing.

But I don’t understand why that viewpoint is deleted.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Why would either happen? 

To my knowledge he didn’t break any rules. Did he delete them? Or a mod?

I

Pretty sure he got negged to fuck off land and his soft ass ego couldn't take it. So he deleted them. Either way, that fuck face should have to wear some flair from here on out on his forehead. 

• Haha 2

Just now, HOOKEM4 said:

I

Pretty sure he got negged to fuck off land and his soft ass ego couldn't take it. So he deleted them. Either way, that fuck face should have to wear some flair from here on out on his forehead. 

Ah, that makes sense.

well @maninblack if you get a chance maybe swing back by so I can neg you, thanks.

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I'm not very familiar with Russian mortar rounds, but it appears that some of those rounds have their fuses in them.  There are safeties in the fuses that require a set amount of time after firing before they arm, but storing ammo with the fuses in is a very big no-no.  One malfunctioning fuse, and it can all go up.

Maybe they're storage caps, designed to keep the fuse well clean, but if that's the case, why don't all of the rounds have them?  Weird.

I'm also a little taken aback that they are not boxed.  Maybe that store is right next to a firing position and the rounds are prepped for rapid use.  Still doesn't seem like safe storage to me.

Disclaimer: while I was a 60mm mortarman, I never saw combat, so I don't know if this storage matches what our forces do in combat.  I just know that it gives me the boo boo jeebies to think about working around that kind of storage.

Glad I'm not the only one that has the urge to throw his phone In a gutter and dive for cover every time I see Russian ordnance "management".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

After all, that reaction undermined Russian state media’s notion that NATO is already fighting against Moscow, itching to get directly involved in the bloody conflict. State TV host Vladimir Solovyov took that opportunity to spew more threats against the West, while describing Ukrainian territories recently taken back from Russia’s invading troops as Russian territory occupied by Ukraine.

During his radio show Full Contact on Vesti FM, Solovyov exclaimed: “This is war... you thought you could fight against us and the war wouldn’t come to you? You want to wage war against Russia! But you want to do it on the territory of Ukraine or on the Russian lands Ukraine just occupied.”

Solovyov baselessly alleged: “The language being heard on the frontline is mainly Polish and English. Are you bastards thinking that sooner or later this war won’t come to you?” He threatened: “If we dealt with you bastards, you would feel differently... I have a question: where is the Polish air defense?”

Whole article is worth a read: https://www.thedailybeast.com/vladimir-putins-top-propagandist-vladimir-solovyov-threatens-europe-with-air-strikes-after-poland-blast

The 7 nations he threatens

•  Poland
  • Germany
  • the Czech Republic
  • Slovakia
  • Estonia
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania

Good article on stockpiles and the frictions involved in ramping up production. Especially in Europe, the atrophied defense sector is strained and skeptical that the investment in new production capacities makes sense.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/11/16/ukraine-weapons-military-aid-stockpiles-nato-low-industry/

“NATO doesn’t really plan to fight wars like this, and by that I mean wars with a super intensive use of artillery systems and lots of tank and gun rounds,” said Frederick Kagan, a senior fellow with the American Enterprise Institute. “We were never stocked for this kind of war to begin with.”

That has had a compounding effect on already dwindling weapons reserves. Nadaner said Pentagon stockpiles are low on sea-launched missiles, such as Harpoons and Tomahawks; joint direct attack munitions; and the munitions heavily used by the Ukrainians, such as Javelin anti-tank missiles and the High Mobility Artillery Rocket System. Ukraine has received 20 of the rocket launchers and has about 18 more on the way.

• Hook 'Em 5

58 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Good article on stockpiles and the frictions involved in ramping up production. Especially in Europe, the atrophied defense sector is strained and skeptical that the investment in new production capacities makes sense.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/11/16/ukraine-weapons-military-aid-stockpiles-nato-low-industry/

Didn’t plan for it? Ok, well, you’re in one now. Now figure out what the fuck you are going to do about it. 

this shouldn’t be hard. Will it take time? Sure. But with the suddenly booming need for weapons systems by Ukraine and our Allies in NATO, eager buyers isn’t a problem. Ramp up production because the demand isn’t going anywhere for like a fucking decade. Make that fucking money and create some well-paying jobs, private sector!

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Once y’all have some coffee, can somebody give me a quick rundown of the maninblack drama? Without directly repeating his lies? Are we talking out and out pro Russia shit, or more mealy mouthed just asking questions?

knowing the shit the other side is spilling is part of my job as a lobbyist and it’s just a habit now.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

Once y’all have some coffee, can somebody give me a quick rundown of the maninblack drama? Without directly repeating his lies? Are we talking out and out pro Russia shit, or more mealy mouthed just asking questions?

knowing the shit the other side is spilling is part of my job as a lobbyist and it’s just a habit now.

Not hard. MIB came and posted “So now that we know the missile came from Ukraine, what do you all think” and got negged to Bolivia, and posts deleted for trolling. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Also to watch today— a Dutch court is going to hand down a verdict in the MH-17 shoot down, one of the accused is well known Russian propagandist/war blogger Igor Girkin. None of the accused will serve time, they’re in the bear’s embrace.  But expect a blast of Russian fury. They’re already using the Poland incident to try and muddy the MH-17 waters.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

And Russia gets some shit from Iran, NORK artillery rounds and old Chinese body armor.

Nice. 

And Ukraine is getting a fair chunk of their supplies pro Bono while the Russians are paying surge pricing.

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That song is cringe beyond belief. 'Merica tricked your parents into being idiots and invading. Off topic, but all y'all say the pledge of allegiance to the US and Texas every morning in elementary? Is that a badass Texas thing or do other states do that too?

5 hours ago, blacklab said:

Maninblack is taking a vacation for being a troll.

I deleted his posts because they are worthless and veer this thread in the wrong direction.

Banish him to the Shag, should be enough shit there for him to fling.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Didn’t plan for it? Ok, well, you’re in one now. Now figure out what the fuck toy are going to do about it. 

this shouldn’t be hard. Will it take time? Sure. But with the suddenly booming need for weapons systems by Ukraine and our Allies in NATO, eager buyers isn’t a problem. Ramp up production because the demand isn’t going anywhere for like a fucking decade. Make that fucking money and create some well-paying jobs, private sector!

Surly 155mm workshop... Has to go better than the BBQ venture. I'm in for a couple of protractors.

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Not hard. MIB came and posted “So now that we know the missile came from Ukraine, what do you all think” and got negged to Bolivia, and posts deleted for trolling. 

And a second post (or maybe in the same post?) complaining about blaming everything on Russia. Not worth the time to rebut. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fico said:

And Ukraine is getting a fair chunk of their supplies pro Bono while the Russians are paying surge pricing.

That song is cringe beyond belief. 'Merica tricked your parents into being idiots and invading. Off topic, but all y'all say the pledge of allegiance to the US and Texas every morning in elementary? Is that a badass Texas thing or do other states do that too?

Banish him to the Shag, should be enough shit there for him to fling.

Surly 155mm workshop... Has to go better than the BBQ venture. I'm in for a couple of protractors.

And a second post (or maybe in the same post?) complaining about blaming everything on Russia. Not worth the time to rebut. 

Just troll shit “I see we’re still blaming everything on Russia, cool.”

Ummm…yeah, we are. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Couple of thoughts-

1. I never gave any credence to the idea that the west “goaded” Russia into invading (espoused by Carlson, among others). Nations and leaders have agency and are responsible for their own actions. (Similarly- and I hope this is more history than Cloak Room- I didn’t buy the idea that Hussein goaded the US into invading through non-cooperation; writing that even as I remember that I absolutely supported it at the time). 
2. Taiwan and China- we need to be really smart about shoring up Taiwan. The fear is that being too aggressive and overt about sending them armaments will convince Jinping that the time to attack is now. Better to have a lot of the right resources at the ready, but not necessarily on the island. Think of smart Comms weaponry, small (in size) stuff. Taiwan has a “porcupine” defense strategy. Rather than make them a larger porcupine and run the risk of convincing Jinping to strike now, we should (metaphorically) prepare a “steroid shot” of defense weaponry and systems that can be injected at short notice. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2022/12/china-takeover-taiwan-xi-tsai-ing-wen/671895/

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, statsman said:

2. Taiwan and China- we need to be really smart about shoring up Taiwan. The fear is that being too aggressive and overt about sending them armaments will convince Jinping that the time to attack is now.

Beijing can’t attack Taiwan now.  Just like Russia always had a truck problem, China has always had a troop transport problem, whether it’s aircraft or *checks notes* using big-ass passenger liners/cruise ships to get their soldiers over the 100 miles of water to Taiwan.  They also don’t appear to have a large enough military to make it happen, because of the losses they will take trying to land.

Its not as bad as Germany talking about using river barges to try and cross the English Channel, but it’s bad.  100 miles where their soldiers can get shredded by modern armaments.before ever landing.

• Hook 'Em 2

China has 37 million more males than females. Huge numbers of casualties aren’t a problem in service of a strategic goal; it’s a solution to another problem. It is probable that they are as cavalier about soldiers’ lives as Russia, and possible (it sure as hell was the case in 1951) that they are even more cavalier. 

Edited by statsman

6 minutes ago, statsman said:

China has 37 million more males than females. Huge numbers of casualties aren’t a problem in service of a strategic goal; it’s a solution to another problem. It is probable that they are as cavalier about soldiers’ lives as Russia, and possible (it sure as hell was the case in 1951) that they are even more cavalier. 

Their ground forces number less than a million (around half of their total active duty military), and most are not going to be actual infantry that take and hold ground . It’s kind of shocking how few ground troops they have for a country their size.  Only 25,000 Marines?

Getting them across 100 miles of open water is a bigger problem though.  They’ve built some fancy transports, some big ones, and they have those repurposed cruise ships, but we are now in the age of missiles and drones.  Taiwan can easily sink those cruise ships and their large transports, leaving smaller units who might make it ashore, only to be taken out.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I think a Chinese-Taiwanese war will be less D-Day then an embargo with guided missile strikes to try and starve them out.   

Ukraine vs Russia has probably freaked them out a little bit.  Or a lot.  Along with the subsequent sanctions that would wreck China if they tried to invade. If we can fuck up an economy and manufacturing base as simple as Russia’s as quickly as we did, I imagine idling factories and tens (or hundreds) of millions of Chinese (after the havoc of COVID) will cause them some problems.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3

The Dutch court found 3/4 defendants guilty of murder in the MH-17 case. Including Igor Girkin. Other important findings:

- The war in the east in 2014 was an international armed conflict and Russia was in control of the territory where the missile was fired.

- Since Russia refuses to admit that, and their involvement in the war, the defendants are not protected as armed combatants 

- Dismissed most of the evidence presented by the defense as propaganda and disinformation 

• Hook 'Em 7

33 minutes ago, statsman said:

China also has a growing demographics problem, not unlike Russia. Dead men can't help make more kids with available women. Granted, they have a male surplus, but that's also folks that can't work in factories up until a certain age, etc. So your solution to the original problem also exacerbates another, different problem. 

Not to say that they aren't still cavalier about human lives. I mean, it's China. of course they are...

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Ukraine vs Russia has probably freaked them out a little bit.  Or a lot.  Along with the subsequent sanctions that would wreck China if they tried to invade. If we can fuck up an economy and manufacturing base as simple as Russia’s as quickly as we did, I imagine idling factories and tens (or hundreds) of millions of Chinese (after the havoc of COVID) will cause them some problems.  

That right.  A US/Taiwan vs China fight is likely going to descend into an absolutely vicious air war that will grind their export industry to a halt. 

Also, the Chinese haven’t actually been in a serious military conflict since the end of the Korean War.  Mike Tyson’s razor about being punched in the face is going to be particularly serious for them.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Zeihan says the allies could cut off China's oil easily, send them back to the Dark Ages in +/-6 months. Even accounting for his hyperbole, that's a huge weakness.

And why didn't China and Russia ever build a pipeline?  Would fix 2 problems.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

That right.  A US/Taiwan vs China fight is likely going to descend into an absolutely vicious air war that will grind their export industry to a halt. 

Their theater will need to [dangerously] expand to International waters with near-instant allied naval blockades in the Malacca Strait and South China Sea

• Hook 'Em 1

SIAP. Just thought it was a fascinating pic. Western leaders discussing the the Poland missile strike at G20 summit.

2mabpjgipi0a1.jpg

L to R: Biden, Olaf Scholz, Spanish PM Pedro Sanchez, Macron, Rishi Sunak (seated with back to camera), Spanish FM Jose Manuel Albares, French FM Catherine Colonna, Trudeau, Anthony Blinken

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Utter destruction. Where do you even begin to rebuild? 

It takes decades.  We learned that after WWII.  Shit, Berlin was still cleaning up messes into the 90s (granted, some of that was due to Soviet neglect of occupied east Berlin).  Even without the east Germany issue, cleanup and rebuilding took well into the 70s.  And they still dig up an allied bomb every so often.  Ukrainian cities won't have that particular problem, but there will still be lots of mines, boobytraps, and U/O from artillery to deal with for decades.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Also, the Chinese haven’t actually been in a serious military conflict since the end of the Korean War.  Mike Tyson’s razor about being punched in the face is going to be particularly serious for them.

The difference between China and Russia is that WalMart wasn't full of shitty Russian products that the average American just can't do without.  The WalMart crowd that makes up the majority of Americans won't tolerate an embargo on their cheap shitty crap.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1