Cowboys vs Saints: TNF Edition

Vic Mackey

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Damn Garrett’s press conferences suck. All boring coach speak. I guess I’m spoiled that Mike Gundy is pretty honest and is interesting. Garrett said the same generic phrases at least a dozen times in five minutes.

Is this your first Garrett presser? I can get more information out of my cat than what he surrenders at his meetings with the public. I heard David Moore put in this perspective. JG made the conscious decision to distance himself from the public as much as was possible. To the extent that we mock him as a robot. It is by design. He doesn't give a damn if we, the great unwashed, connect with him in any way whatsoever other than the title beside his name. Jerry has his back. As much as Jerry has anyone's back. He loves him like a son. Jerry is prone to this. This is known. 

It does not mean that because he is distant, aloof, reticent and robotic with us that he is the same with the team. He has made that bargain. He will be his true self with them but not us. I am fine with that, but I ain't listening to that shit. 

Is this your first Garrett presser? I can get more information out of my cat than what he surrenders at his meetings with the public. I heard David Moore put in this perspective. JG made the conscious decision to distance himself from the public as much as was possible. To the extent that we mock him as a robot. It is by design. He doesn't give a damn if we, the great unwashed, connect with him in any way whatsoever other than the title beside his name. Jerry has his back. As much as Jerry has anyone's back. He loves him like a son. Jerry is prone to this. This is known. 
It does not mean that because he is distant, aloof, reticent and robotic with us that he is the same with the team. He has made that bargain. He will be his true self with them but not us. I am fine with that, but I ain't listening to that shit. 

Yes it was my first. They happened to play it on Sportscenter. I don’t particularly give a fuck. I still think he’s a shitty coach who has a slight chance at changing my mind this year. If we win I could give a fuck about his press conferences. I fully expect however to lose several more games this year to shittty teams and miss the playoffs. I’m thinking a ten point loss to the fucking giants or something.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yes it was my first. They happened to play it on Sportscenter. I don’t particularly give a fuck. I still think he’s a shitty coach who has a slight chance at changing my mind this year. If we win I could give a fuck about his press conferences. I fully expect however to lose several more games this year to shittty teams and miss the playoffs. I’m thinking a ten point loss to the fucking giants or something.

Yes, yes give in to the hate. 

This is the Cowboys under Jerry!

Veering wildly towards the unknown! Embrace the chaos. 

37 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

This team would be super bowl contenders with a good QB

* With a good OC/Head Coach and QB coach. 

Dak is currently suboptimal, but he has regressed since his rookie year. That's as much a  coaching and scheme issue as it is a QB issue. 

He's made the reads and throws that a good NFL QB needs to make, it's the consistency that's the problem. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

LVH and Smith.   Smith could be the steal of the decade. 

Smith was all over the damn field playing with his hair on fire. When he flat hit 41 in the mouth and stood him up on the 3rd and 2, that was bringing the pain. I bet his Surly haters are eating dead rotten crow tonight . He and VDE are a helluva pair.

Just now, HuntinHorn said:

Smith was all over the damn field playing with his hair on fire. When he flat hit 41 in the mouth and stood him up on the 3rd and 2, that was bringing the pain. I bet his Surly haters are eating dead rotten crow tonight . He and VDE are a helluva pair.

Wasted 2nd round pick. Jerry is dumb, cowboys suck.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

he's getting better but I wouldn't be crownin' his ass yet. good news is he has climbed out of complete bust territory.  looking forward to see him be more consistent game to game.

Fun game. Not often we get to watch a defense play like that in today’s nfl. Our entire left side of the line are replacements from center to tackle. Dak needs the game to slow down. He looks frantic a lot of times. I hope the future is bright. Get our oline back in order, dak more experience and a great Te. I think it all depends on dak going forward. We just need him to be good...not great.

2 hours ago, FizzleFish said:

We gave up 7 sacks, 2 turnovers and a couple of huge drive continuing penalties and won. Defense played lights out. 

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan and I started the Saints D in my fantasy league.

Tonight was a great night.

NOTE: I loved kneeling on the ball from the 1 yard line.

8 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I think people get tired of his shit because they see Patriot Bill do the same thing with one minor difference.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I'm a lifelong Cowboys fan and I started the Saints D in my fantasy league.

Tonight was a great night.

NOTE: I loved kneeling on the ball from the 1 yard line.

Added bonus, it  gave the team a 100% chance of winning. They would've let us score quickly and then they could go for a TD or FG and onsides kick. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Pretty good defensive performance, especially considering the Saints were playing with 12 players on offense and the Cowboys with 10 on defense every time Randy Gregory was on the field.

He sure as hell fucked up on the punt, but two different views showed that he was not offsides. It was a bogus call.

• Like 1