Cowboys vs Saints: TNF Edition

Vic Mackey

10 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Is this your first Garrett presser? I can get more information out of my cat than what he surrenders at his meetings with the public. I heard David Moore put in this perspective. JG made the conscious decision to distance himself from the public as much as was possible. To the extent that we mock him as a robot. It is by design. He doesn't give a damn if we, the great unwashed, connect with him in any way whatsoever other than the title beside his name. Jerry has his back. As much as Jerry has anyone's back. He loves him like a son. Jerry is prone to this. This is known. 

It does not mean that because he is distant, aloof, reticent and robotic with us that he is the same with the team. He has made that bargain. He will be his true self with them but not us. I am fine with that, but I ain't listening to that shit. 

I've never been a Garrett fan, but you touch on an important point. Giving a great press conference doesn't mean dick. Win the game, you're good. Lose the game, you're bad. I like watching Belichick pressers because he always looks like he's being interrogated about a burglary. Saban is fun to watch because he's such an ass, but if they were losing, nobody would give two hoots what they have to say. Nobody's gonna love Garrett if he gives a great presser and rolls out 8-8 every year. 

Jerry loves Garrett cause nobody gives a shit what Garrett says and Jerry gets the spotlight. 

Good win against the Saints when nobody picked them. 

7 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Added bonus, it  gave the team a 100% chance of winning. They would've let us score quickly and then they could go for a TD or FG and onsides kick. 

yeah it was nice seeing a coach do the right thing in that situation. you ALWAYS take the 100% to win. even if the alternative is 99% chance to win.

I expected a lot less from the Dallas defense and a little more from the Dallas offense. 

Dallas has a pretty fair shot at winning the division, but if they want more than that the offense is going to have to step up even if the defense plays as well as it did last night. 

It was an impressive effort, though, I’ll give them that.

18 minutes ago, Deguello said:

I expected a lot less from the Dallas defense and a little more from the Dallas offense. 

Dallas has a pretty fair shot at winning the division, but if they want more than that the offense is going to have to step up even if the defense plays as well as it did last night. 

Yes, the offense does have to improve, but this defense is good enough for them to win out and be an extremely tough out in the playoffs.  In fact, this defense is good enough right now for them to win a SB.  Offense just needs to start pulling its weight. 

19 minutes ago, Deguello said:

The New Orleans D has been one of the best defenses in the NFL in November. They played slightly better than I expected them to more than I think that the Cowboys offense played poorly. However, if Dak puts a little more air under some of his downfield throws, then the Cowboys win by 14 points or more.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The New Orleans D has been one of the best defenses in the NFL in November. They played slightly better than I expected them to more than I think that the Cowboys offense played poorly. However, if Dak puts a little more air under some of his downfield throws, then the Cowboys win by 14 points or more.

Yep.  He criminally overthrew Gallup down the right sideline that would've been a 'Blouses Bitch' moment.  

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yes, the offense does have to improve, but this defense is good enough for them to win out and be an extremely tough out in the playoffs.  In fact, this defense is good enough right now for them to win a SB.  Offense just needs to start pulling its weight. 

I don’t think Dallas wins in the Superdome with 13 points and holding the Saints to 10 again might not be realistic. 

But, yeah, the defense is strong. Strong enough for the offense to play like it has almost all season against the Saints in New Orleans, the Rams, maybe the Chiefs? That’s a big ask. 

Pretty good defensive performance, especially considering the Saints were playing with 12 players on offense and the Cowboys with 10 on defense every time Randy Gregory was on the field.

The refs sucked both ways. We got the benefit of several missed calls and bad calls too. Some of the legit ones are what killed us. Gregory’s special team mistake was huge. His offsides was a bullshit call. Cole Beasley was short on third down and they gave us the first. Jaylon committed a textbook helmet to helmet on Kamara on third down and it wasn’t called. Several of our defensive penalties were legit. We stepped in our own dicks at every corner and still won. That says a lot I think.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Saints defense played well, but, like you said, you can’t miss a guy 5 yards behind everybody and you can’t be loose with the ball. That stuff is on the offense regardless of the opponent. 

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The refs sucked both ways. We got the benefit of several missed calls and bad calls too. Some of the legit ones are what killed us. Gregory’s special team mistake was huge. His offsides was a bullshit call. Cole Beasley was short on third down and they gave us the first. Jaylon committed a textbook helmet to helmet on Kamara on third down and it wasn’t called. Several of our defensive penalties were legit. We stepped in our own dicks at every corner and still won. That says a lot I think.

the pushoff on the saints' TD catch.

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

the pushoff on the saints' TD catch.

And the facemask on Dak was missed too in the fourth.  Yep, we got screwed a bunch too, but I'm sure Saints fans are pretty upset that they got "screwed," because they did in many respects, but both teams got the benefit of some pretty awful officiating.

21 minutes ago, 'stache said:

All of which points to Walt Anderson and Crew getting a raise and assigned to PO games. 

I've been braggin on LVE since the Giants game.  Watching him make 9 open field solo tackles on Saqoun Barkley on 28 snaps sold me.  Kid is one of the most technically sound tacklers I've ever seen, period.  And he's a damn ROOKIE!

When he gets his hands you, you go down.  Right there.  No falling backwards.  No extra yards.  You go straight down.  And he flies around like Dexter Coakley at 6'5'' 255.  

• Like 1

Me and buddy were saying last night that lee should call romo on advice about losing your job...i dont see how you take lve off the field when lee comes back

Thinking we could put him(lee) in weakside spot when we have 3 lb out there...could help prolong career with less demand as middle lb

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Looked like he turned to go shoulder to shoulder but fucked up and speared him instead. He was tackling violently. 

I love fans.  Helmet to helmet against one of your guys and it's throw that dirty POS out of the league.  Helmet to helmet from one of your guys and it's lets dissect the nuances of the situation.

I've watched every Saints game this year and they looked like a different team last night.  From rattling Brees to handling Thomas and making Kamara look slow, Dallas had a great plan and executed it perfectly.  I'd be happy not to see the Cowboys in the playoffs.  A team finally realized that NO doesn't have a guy that can really stretch the field from the WR position.

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Looked like he turned to go shoulder to shoulder but fucked up and speared him instead. He was tackling violently. 

No he left his feet and went for the head. That hit was fucked.

SIAP but Yella Beezy and Lil Boosie were watching the game last night together and made a little wager. Boosie paid

16 hours ago, dcar00 said:

he's getting better but I wouldn't be crownin' his ass yet. good news is he has climbed out of complete bust territory.  looking forward to see him be more consistent game to game.

Still?  He climbed out of bust territory late last season, or at least by this past pre season.  He's getting into the he's "he's very fucking good" territory.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

America must love the Saints...

Yep, that's what I've heard all over twitter.  That the Saints are the reason the game was so popular. 

I'm sure that it being the Saints did help, because Dallas/Jacksonville probably won't do it.  But let's be real...half the most watched games this year, and most years, are Dallas games, if not more.