Cowboys vs Saints: TNF Edition

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

This is exactly the kind of game that Dallas unexpectedly wins.   

Yep. 2009 against the Saints comes to mind. Saints were 13-0 and at home. Dallas was stumbling big time that season at that point. Lost a few in a row and their season looked shot. They parlayed that win into 2 more wins and won the division and then beat the Eagles again in the wild card round.

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

That was my funny feeling.  That's why I didn't take Saints in my survivor pool.  

These "gimme" games always worry me in the NFL when it comes to any sort of betting. Vikings were 17pt favorites against Buffalo in week 2 at home. Buffalo was coming off a 40 point loss and Vikings looked damn good. Not only did Buffalo win, they crushed them. I lost my Survivor Pool because of that fucking game.

Giants vs Bronocs last year was the same way. Broncos at home and at this time was rolling. Giants were missing all 3 of their starting WRs and I believe was winless or only won a game. They went in and dominated Denver.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I don't see how the Cowboys get within 10.  

The Saints may be the best team in football.

Theoretically, yes. And yes, they are the best team in football.  The NFL is just a weird animal though.  The Cows should have no shot winning this game, but this is exactly the sort of unexpected and improbable shit that happens week in and week out in the league.  I think the game is much closer than expected.   Saints 34 Cows 30.  

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

These "gimme" games always worry me in the NFL when it comes to any sort of betting. Vikings were 17pt favorites against Buffalo in week 2 at home. Buffalo was coming off a 40 point loss and Vikings looked damn good. Not only did Buffalo win, they crushed them. I lost my Survivor Pool because of that fucking game.

Giants vs Bronocs last year was the same way. Broncos at home and at this time was rolling. Giants were missing all 3 of their starting WRs and I believe was winless or only won a game. They went in and dominated Denver.

I lost both of those upsets as well, Buffalo over Vikings and Giants (with WRs off the fucking street THAT week) over Broncos.  Thing was so many in the survivor pool picked those, we kept playing.

7 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I lost both of those upsets as well, Buffalo over Vikings and Giants (with WRs off the fucking street THAT week) over Broncos.  Thing was so many in the survivor pool picked those, we kept playing.

I benefited last year from those upsets. Giants beat KC late in the year as well. And then this year I'm out after 2 weeks.