President George H. W. Bush has passed away

clapclapclap

Wow, Such a powerful tribute to a man who had to navigate the corridors of one of the hardest vocations to keep your dignity and honor intact To come out on the other end as this admired, respected, and liked is a confirmation of what a great guy, father, grandfather, and president he was.

W. was a champ up there, I can't imagine how hard that was.  Just sitting here it was tough enough to hold it together as they dusted the room around me.  Tom Brokaw was breaking down just talking about it.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 9:10 AM, deadshank said:

I posted this on the old board but I will share it again here.

Years ago my wife and I stopped in to the Blockbuster at the corner of Woodway and Chimney Rock.  It was Sunday right after church and rainy. Nothing was going on so we decided to pick up a DVD and stay inside. 

Epilogue:  I got back to the truck and recounted the events to my wife. She said "oh, that's nice.  Hey, I was looking at this coupon from the newspaper and there's a fondue set on sale at Bed Bath and Beyond.  Here, looks at what a great deal it is!"

Ugh. 

Saw him leaving the Walgreens once a few doors down.  

I watched the entire funeral.  It was worth it.  

ABC 13 has been running a live feed from their chopper, awaiting the return to Ellington Field of the plane with the casket.  Cameraman got bored with the wait, filmed a Southwest plane leaving Hobby Airport.  I wonder how many viewers this confused?  "Damn, those tightwads took Southwest!"

https://abc13.com/politics/live-pres-george-hw-bushs-casket-returning-to-houston/4836322/

Edited by clapclapclap

At least I can get around Sheepfuckville without going near that fucking hideous campus.  Take 21 in, some parkway SW of town that bypasses it, and get to the library which is SE of that shithole.  So I think I can do it without puking.

I'll head down there some time later next week.  Anyone wanna go let me know, otherwise I'll brave it me-self.

I go home for lunch most days and the route takes me over some train tracks. There were cars lining the street near the tracks and it didn’t dawn on me as to why. I’m pretty surprised at how many people are already there. I saw many Veterans hiking a few hundred yards in shitty weather, some of the using their walkers.

1f444523fadbf3787535a99de1cf9093.jpg

• Like 1