Ryan Day replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State

Machinator

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

First it was his heart, now it's his head. I can't wait for the 2024 press conference where Urban Meyer steps down because of his anus.

That would be after taking over for Jimbo at aggy, and it would be a real condition. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Also, didn't Meyer endorse Steve Addazio as a worthy successor due to his offensive acumen when he left Florida? His Temple and Boston College offenses sure are setting the world on fire. And by setting the world on fire I mean they're usually a complete dumpster fire.

Don't forget, he endorsed Charlie Strong also.

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Jimbo Fisher to Ohio State.

Jimbo leaves for less money and less years and Aggy wondering how there was no exit clause in their contract and how could he leave for a lesser job in a lesser conference. What a wonderful Christmas present of Aggy tears that would be for all of us.  Please baby Jesus make it so. 

I don’t get why Ohio State is running to sign up Day as the HC. Is he known as a good recruiter?

His experience is very limited. First OC job was in 2012 for a 4-7 Temple team. He parlayed that into 2 years as OC for mediocre Boston College teams, before following Chip Kelly around the NFL for 2 years as a QB coach. Spent this year and last year calling plays for tOSU. Certainly not a terrible resume, but surprised they didn’t open it up nationally, considering this is one of the best jobs in the sport. Guess they think he’s Lincoln Riley 2.0?

• Like 1

their fans are total morons

if urban gave a shit about them he would have stuck it out, but he does not give a flying fuck about them and cares nothing about what position he leaves them in

I have said before that pretty much no other coach out there knows how to GTFO before shit falls apart like urban does so he can look good no matter what shit pile he left behind in flames and this just backs that up

if everything that happened was "no big deal" then he would have moved on, kept up the "no big deal" mantra and he would stay with the program and try and coach right on through it......but instead he is saying fuck this, fuck all you jort wearing, mullet head, dick suckers, I am taking my money and fuck off BYE (and see you somewhere else in a year two motherfuckers!)

and these dickheads are going to rally around him and cry and act like he is a victim and that some media guy and a coach that has not been with him for 4 or 5 years is the cause of all this

shit got hot because of some loser abuser that urban coddled and kept around and when that shit got hot urban said FUCK OFF I'M OUT EAT A DICK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Mack Brown reached a national championship game with Greg Davis more recently than Urban Meyer reached one without Tom Herman.

Also, didn't Meyer endorse Steve Addazio as a worthy successor due to his offensive acumen when he left Florida? His Temple and Boston College offenses sure are setting the world on fire. And by setting the world on fire I mean they're usually a complete dumpster fire.

Better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

their fans are total morons

if urban gave a shit about them he would have stuck it out, but he does not give a flying fuck about them and cares nothing about what position he leaves them in

I have said before that pretty much no other coach out there knows how to GTFO before shit falls apart like urban does so he can look good no matter what shit pile he left behind in flames and this just backs that up

if everything that happened was "no big deal" then he would have moved on, kept up the "no big deal" mantra and he would stay with the program and try and coach right on through it......but instead he is saying fuck this, fuck all you jort wearing, mullet head, dick suckers, I am taking my money and fuck off BYE (and see you somewhere else in a year two motherfuckers!)

and these dickheads are going to rally around him and cry and act like he is a victim and that some media guy and a coach that has not been with him for 4 or 5 years is the cause of all this

shit got hot because of some loser abuser that urban coddled and kept around and when that shit got hot urban said FUCK OFF I'M OUT EAT A DICK

The jorts will have their vengeance. In this couch.. or the next. 

27 minutes ago, slorch said:

TOSU boys are pissed about Urban leaving, when in fact he got one hellova soft landing.y

One of my best friends is a Buckeye and he is just happy Ohio State finally stood up to the sports media who tried to take Urban down.

Urban is stepping down for health reasons, as has every OSU coach the last 60 years.

I told him in September that I thought the university would use the scandal and Urban’s health as an excuse to have him step away.

I was crazy, said the Buckeye folks I know, but I think I was correct.

Had he got to the playoffs none of this happens. That was the arrangement since the day of the suspension.

The OSU goon squad (aka board) wanted a title. They held that over Urban, and why he showed all of the drama. He was the kid who had a $50 putt in front of him, with only $10 in his pocket.

Who the fuck are they trying to kid?

• Like 2

Still taking cheap shots at his perceived enemies..... that's the real classless Urban Liar way "Live and in Color"..... 
Btw....Timing of resignation was purely to save 2019 Recruiting Class, and small 1st attempt to repair Urby's tarnished reputation.....

If he was trying to save the recruiting class he would have waited until February after the signing period.

Urban didn’t do this for any reason other than to make sure all eyes were on him.

Remember that story from last week that Auburn boosters had reached out to a "very well respected and accomplished coach" to gauge interest and were surprised to get favorable feedback? 

Please tell me Urban is going to Auburn just to fuck with Saban. 

(yes, I know this isn't true, but would be funny because it would be a giant obvious troll) 

1. If you believe this is health-related, I have a bridge to sell you.

2. Migraines? Sure. Too bad manopause didn't help them resolve.

3. Arachnoid cyst? IF he has one- BFD. They are, for the most part, congenital voids that, of course, fill in with CSF. This is a big, stinking, scarlet herring.

Could I be wrong? Sure. But even a cursory review of his history, a modicum of knowledge about the brain, and Occam's razor are very reassuring that UM is in no particular danger from fake brain cancer or any other actual physical illness. The media will largely play along, and unless Brett McMurphy gets many unexpected kindred spirits in the biz, another school (USC '20, e.g.) will hire this guy in 1-3 years.

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

So, does he have his sights set on USC, or does he hope Saban retires in the next few years?

If Nick Saban quit tomorrow and personally endorsed him, Urban Meyer would never be considered.   Alabama would rather have Bear Bryant's hat than that unctuous weasel, 97% winning percentage be damned.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Remember that story from last week that Auburn boosters had reached out to a "very well respected and accomplished coach" to gauge interest and were surprised to get favorable feedback? 

Please tell me Urban is going to Auburn just to fuck with Saban. 

(yes, I know this isn't true, but would be funny because it would be a giant obvious troll) 

Urban doesn't have the balls to go head to head with Saban.

• Like 1

...And the Exodus Begins

Just 24 hours after Urban Meyer announced he'll be stepping down as Ohio State head coach after the Rose Bowl, the Buckeyes' 2020 recruiting class is now down two verbal pledges. 

On Tuesday, 4-star 2020 safety Lejond Cavazos decommitted from Ohio State, which was obviously a major blow to the program. 

Fast forward to Wednesday morning, and 4-star offensive tackle Jake Wray has joined Cavazos in opening up his recruitment. 

Don't expect Wray to be the last player to decommit from Ohio State, as the bombshell Meyer news is clearly having a negative impact out on the recruiting trail. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/breaking-4-star-ot-decommits-from-ohio-state-following-urban-meyer-news/ar-BBQx7e9?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

Yeah, this. UM has obvious allure based on his W/L and championship skins. Also, I think Saban is about to the point that if he said a puke-stained t-shirt and half-full ash tray were the ideal coaching tandem, the choice would get serious consideration.

I meant more that Bama don't give a fuck so long as the corch they get gives the best chance to win the most games.

18 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

If Nick Saban quit tomorrow and personally endorsed him, Urban Meyer would never be considered.   Alabama would rather have Bear Bryant's hat than that unctuous weasel, 97% winning percentage be damned.

Alabama is definitely the first place that comes to mind that prioritizes integrity over winning.  Well . . . Alabama or Oklahoma

• Haha 2

• Machinator changed the title to Ryan Day replaces Urban Meyer at Ohio State