2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

On 3/4/2020 at 6:21 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

Yeah, it was already in play.  There are 3 guaranteed GOP losses (ME, CO, and AZ) and only one likely Dem loss in Bama (sorry Bama Chick).  Throw in MT now with NC and IA being toss up and a Dem Senate is looking more likely.

The number of panicky fundraising emails I’m getting from Joni Ernst is unreal.  

Every campaign against a Republican incumbent senator after the Trump Recession and the Trump Pandemic devastate the country while Trump talks about how perfect his phone call was, how Covid19 is a hoax, and openly wages war against the governors of stricken states:

Show scenes of bodies being carted out, and newspaper headlines about the recession and the people being hurt by it.  Then a brief clip of the applicable senator sucking up to Trump, making bullshit excuses for him, etc. (there already are and will be more such clips for every GOP senator).

"Senator Dipshit spent the past 4 years protecting Donald Trump.  I think the people of [state] deserve a senator who will protect THEM.  The people of [state] deserve it.  Send someone to Washington who will fight FOR the people instead of against them [scene of Trump attacking the local governor -- with picture of local incumbent senator sucking up to Trump side-by-side].  Vote for [Dem challenger]."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Why are you on her email list?

If I’m doing my job right,  I have a couple of good policy meetings about some non partisan issue and the staffer likes me so much, they forward my card to the fundraiser thinking I will give them money. 

Which I don’t.  As a registered lobbyist,  my donations are searchable, so I’m a ghost.  

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Why are you on her email list?

I get emails from both dems and Republicans. Both are annoying and I don’t know why I get them.

It’s probably because the millennials and google have spider scanned the net and cross referenced my email addresses and figured out I post on this board and don’t give a shit what side I’m on. Fucking google millennials. 

3 hours ago, Calihorn said:

TFW your own internal polls has you up 2 points.

She’s probably going to get her ass kicked again and be the reason that Arizona has 2 Democratic senators. 

wouldn’t that be amazing if arizona and montana both had 2 democratic senators?

i can’t remember the last time either state went blue in a presidential election.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

She’s probably going to get her ass kicked again and be the reason that Arizona has 2 Democratic senators. 

wouldn’t that be amazing if arizona and montana both had 2 democratic senators?

i can’t remember the last time either state went blue in a presidential election.

92 and 96.

Ha hahahahahahaha

Roll Fucking Tide, motherfucker.

There’s a whole lot of cognitive dissonance happening in this state right now.

“Y’ALL TELLING ME I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TIDE AND TRUMP??!!!!”

Keep on shouting “War Eagle” at Alabama voters. PLEASE.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The fact that Graham was down on the floor throwing a hissy fit about the unemployment benefits in the 3rd Rona bill and doing regular press conferences with Tim Scott tells me he is starting to sweat from his internals.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

If it’s that close that sounds like a race where a couple bucks might help

If a stimulus check actually appears in our mailbox, I had already talked with my spouse about perhaps setting aside a portion for campaign donations in addition to our support for locally owned businesses. We were blessed enough in the last two years that we would like to support some structural change in this country. Graham is a roadblock to that change so he's gotta go.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe some day public fundraising figures will translate into votes, but from what I can tell they rarely do.  A lot of people have a lot of money they are willing to piss away on lost causes.

Now the evil, dark PAC money is a different story.  That shit works and that’s a problem. 

I don't think it's a secret that Susan Collins is in a whole lot of trouble.  Everyone has gotten wise to her schtick.
At this point, I think I'd put Maine in the same category as Colorado.

What you have to understand - and this is important - she’s a spineless cunt who should be flushed down the next available drain.
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 7:36 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe some day public fundraising figures will translate into votes, but from what I can tell they rarely do.  A lot of people have a lot of money they are willing to piss away on lost causes.

Now the evil, dark PAC money is a different story.  That shit works and that’s a problem. 

Money is the mother's milk of politics. You aren't gonna win without the dollars to get there. Turtle has years of incumbency to protect his ass. She has a shot. That she is going to make him work for it benefits every other race. 

And this. I don't know where else to park it. The Rs of Wisconsin did their worst. All the goddamn way to the SCOTUS. They lost. People are willing to forego safety to vote against Rs. This wasn't about Bernie v Biden though I'm sure that helped. This is a big fuck you to a party that went out of the way to shut down voting in Milwaukee. 

I hope it's an omen of things to come. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Money is the mother's milk of politics. You aren't gonna win without the dollars to get there. Turtle has years of incumbency to protect his ass. She has a shot. That she is going to make him work for it benefits every other race. 

And this. I don't know where else to park it. The Rs of Wisconsin did their worst. All the goddamn way to the SCOTUS. They lost. People are willing to forego safety to vote against Rs. This wasn't about Bernie v Biden though I'm sure that helped. This is a big fuck you to a party that went out of the way to shut down voting in Milwaukee. 

This was some the best news I've seen in the last 3.5 years.  I'm just afraid it will embolden the R's to do even worse things in November such as flat out cancel the election.

9 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I really, really wish Ron Johnson's seat was in play this November. He's an absolute shithead of the highest order and will almost certainly be voted out when he's up for re-election. 

3 hours ago, 406W30th said:

I really, really wish Ron Johnson's seat was in play this November. He's an absolute shithead of the highest order and will almost certainly be voted out when he's up for re-election. 

Johnson and toomey? In Pennsylvania seem ripe for the picking. 

I'm just afraid it will embolden the R's to do even worse things in November such as flat out cancel the election.

They will try, but since the date of federal elections is explicitly defined by statute, it's categorically illegal to do so without Congress. DOA in the House.

We had elections in 1812, 1814, 1862, 1864, 1918, throughout the depression and WWII, and through the unrest of the 60s. We're having one this year.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

AZ gonna be the big state to watch this year. Mark Kelly is doubling up McSally in fundraising.

By picking McSally as McCain's replacement after she lost in 2018, the Arizona GOP handed the Democrats another senate seat.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

By picking McSally as McCain's replacement after she lost in 2018, the Arizona GOP handed the Democrats another senate seat.

Yeah--I really don't understand what possessed them to pick her immediately after the voters said they don't want her.  I mean, I like Kyrsten Sinema as much as anyone.  But don't tell me that she's a stronger candidate than Mark Kelly.  She's just not. 

• Like 2