Cam Rising is on the transfer portal...

Fug

How much eligibility will Rising have left after sitting out a season at Utah?
(Aware he redshirted 2018, just not sure how long a player can go to college and still play football...... my guess is he still has 4yrs eligibility remaining, but not sure.....)
Three. He's transferring as a RS FR and will sit out 2019. He will be eligible in 2020 as a RS SO.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

How much eligibility will Rising have left after sitting out a season at Utah?

(Aware he redshirted 2018, just not sure how long a player can go to college and still play football...... my guess is he still has 4yrs eligibility remaining, but not sure.....)

You have 5 to play 4, unless you get a medical hardship waiver.  So in all likelihood he will have 3 years to play.  (assuming he does not lawyer up and get a transfer waiver based on people making fun of his mustache or something like that).

51 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

You have 5 to play 4, unless you get a medical hardship waiver.  So in all likelihood he will have 3 years to play.  (assuming he does not lawyer up and get a transfer waiver based on people making fun of his mustache or something like that).

Fans on a noted Texas football forum said "he isn't very bright."

13 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

I'll say it now, based on pics like this and the Sugar Bowl ones, he doesn't look like aD1 athlete.

Eh, true freshman QBs often don’t (and sonetimes even quarterbacks in general). Think about a young Colt McCoy compared to 2008/09.

I have no idea how he’ll turn out, but I don’t think that picture is indicative of anything.

Edit: Missed it by that much.

Edited by formermav43

13 hours ago, pops said:

He wasn't going to sniff the field in the next two years. Will probably be the Utes starting qb in 2020 and gets to play games in Cali. In a weak conference, weak division with a rose bowl birth on the line. Godspeed. 

Also going to smash a lot of blonde, daddy issues pussy.

Rising looked good in the spring game, in my opinion. I wish he would have stayed but he definitely wouldn't have been a productive backup for us if his heart and mind weren't here with the program.

My only issue with his decision is that going to Utah who has a returning junior starter who runs more per game than Ehlinger makes zero sense.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Rising looked good in the spring game, in my opinion. I wish he would have stayed but he definitely wouldn't have been a productive backup for us if his heart and mind weren't here with the program.

My only issue with his decision is that going to Utah who has a returning junior starter who runs more per game than Ehlinger makes zero sense.

Maybe running the QB had nothing to do with it?

The difference between the situation he's leaving and the one he's going to is rivers and summer weather versus mountains and winter weather. For a guy from Southern California.

That's my point, none of it makes sense. The football situations are eerily similar and Salt Lake City isn't exactly down the street from Newbury Park.

8 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Eh, true freshman QBs often don’t (and sonetimes even quarterbacks in general). Think about a young Colt McCoy compared to 2008/09.

I have no idea how he’ll turn out, but I don’t think that picture is indicative of anything.

Edit: Missed it by that much.

Yeah, Colt was thin and sinewy, Case looks like he's let himself go.  But whatever, Lorenzen was always fat and he could play.  

I don't watch Utah much, but that backup they were playing in the P12 championship looked like abject trash. Now, Rising knows better than anyone what a difference a year can make, but with Huntley going into his SR year he just feel he can win the job once it's vacated in 2020 if that backup (name escapes me) is his primary competition.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

This article says Senior Tyler Huntley is returning starter at Utah??

https://www.ksl.com/article/46470811

"Utah is expected to start Tyler Huntley at quarterback next season, who will be entering his senior season. Behind Huntley is Jason Shelley, who will enter his redshirt sophomore season; Drew Lisk, who will be entering his junior season; and Rising, who will be eligible in 2020 and will have three years to play three."

Edited by LTtxfan

you are banging a 10.  she's got everything, money, looks, personality.  but something about her doesn't feel right with you.  maybe you don't like that she is always getting attention from all the other dudes.  maybe you don't like her flashy lifestyle and want something more laid back.  sometimes you just want some strange.  it just isn't working out.  there doesn't always have to be a villain.

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

you are banging a 10.  she's got everything, money, looks, personality.  but something about her doesn't feel right with you.  maybe you don't like that she is always getting attention from all the other dudes.  maybe you don't like her flashy lifestyle and want something more laid back.  sometimes you just want some strange.  it just isn't working out.  there doesn't always have to be a villain.

giphy.gif

There is a reason we run Sam like we do in short yardage situations. He is fuckin good at it. There is a reason we didn't run Shane like that. There is a reason we wouldn't run a lot of QBs like that. Herman needs to look at use of wildcat when Sam leaves the job to someone that isn't a bulldozer.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I don't remember the details of his transfer, but why would he be granted immediate eligibility?  No coaching change, no extenuating circumstances...just down on the depth chart?

Why even file a waiver?

I mean, it’s not like it would hurt to try. But yeah, seems like a no brainer.

9 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Did he have a lawyer?  I guess it doesn't really matter outside of injury it's probably a longshot he'd play anything meaningful.

I don't think he lawyered up. Must have been a "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" thing.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Yeah let’s not do this.

Yeah, let's do it. 

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

I'm not sure I understand your definition of "work?"

Relieve NC2A of opportunities to fuck things up with incoherent "decisions". That'll help.