Hail Mary attempt for a Texas state title- North Shore ve Duncanville

Goo Punch

5 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

No.  He was actually about a yard behind it if you look close.  I thought so too at first, but when you go back and look, he was behind it.

you know, going back and looking again I think you might be right.  thanks for clearing that up.  

have a merry christmas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

It was actually VERY close.  Less than the length of the ball when he lets it go.

Also, I didn't know Craig Way did HS games.

hate to continue this but he was a whole yard behind the LOS. and Craig Way is mr. high school football for like 30 something years.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, po elvis said:

hate to continue this but he was a whole yard behind the LOS. and Craig Way is mr. high school football for like 30 something years.

BTW, when I say "very close" I'm considering how conscious (or not) the QB was when he threw the ball.  As a corollary, look at Colt on the final play before the FG in the 2009 game with Nebraska.  He took way too long to release that pass, and when he did it had to go a long way to hit the ground.  We were lucky the refs didn't screw us out of that last second.  

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

BTW, when I say "very close" I'm considering how conscious (or not) the QB was when he threw the ball.  As a corollary, look at Colt on the final play before the FG in the 2009 game with Nebraska.  He took way too long to release that pass, and when he did it had to go a long way to hit the ground.  We were lucky the refs didn't screw us out of that last second.  

I was referring to you saying less than a ball. the spot to measure is from the QB's back toe. that is the only thing that needs to be behind the LOS. Yes, it was very close in the spirit of things. when watching for the first time i thought he looked like he was past based on how far he ran up before launching.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

It's nice to see someone else lose a championship on the last second.

Craig Way's knowledge of high school football in Texas approaches a level of insanity barely known to man.

I was sitting with Way and Brian Jones at the hotel bar in Columbia the night before we played Missouri(early 2000s). We threw every small town we could think of at him and he knew every mascot. Then BJ piled into the rental car and we tore up the bars. Good times. Good times. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, po elvis said:

I was referring to you saying less than a ball. the spot to measure is from the QB's back toe. that is the only thing that needs to be behind the LOS. Yes, it was very close in the spirit of things. when watching for the first time i thought he looked like he was past based on how far he ran up before launching.

I watched it again a few times: at the snap the nose of the ball would be touching the 45 (the center has the ball at an angle).  When it leaves his hand the ball is right about the 46 yard line(ish).  It's hard exactly stop the video (and you can't reverse it).  When he throws the ball his back toe is passed the 46, around the 46 1/2 yard line.  

Interesting about the back toe measurement.  I didn't know that.  I would have guessed it would be the position of the ball when it leaves the QB's hand is where measurement is made, since that's key in all other aspects (breaking the plane of the goal line, measuring for a 1st down).  

Learn something new every day.

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

It's nice to see someone else lose a championship on the last second.

Craig Way's knowledge of high school football in Texas approaches a level of insanity barely known to man.

When Craig way someday (not soon) passes they should upload his brain to the net and make it the Texas high school football Wikipedia page. 

39 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

The head coach for Duncanville Samples has now lost a State title game to a blocked FG returned for a TD against Kilgore( Lincoln vs Kilgore 04) a Hail Mary and was the HC when SLC had the comeback against Skyline known as the Fox game.  

Ouch.

43 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

The head coach for Duncanville Samples has now lost a State title game to a blocked FG returned for a TD against Kilgore( Lincoln vs Kilgore 04) a Hail Mary and was the HC when SLC had the comeback against Skyline known as the Fox game.  

Ouch II.

45 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Don't forget he blew a big lead against Allen in 2014 while he was at Skyline.

Unless the rule is different in hs than every other level, he was probably 2 yards from being past it, so not close at all.  The announcer said they were going to review it?  You have reviews in high school football now?

Also, did the kid who caught blow out a knee during the play?  or was injury from the celebration?  So many questions.

Edited by mulletpelini

Unless the rule is different in hs than every other level, he was probably 2 yards from being past it, so not close at all.  The announcer said they were going to review it?  You have reviews in high school football now?
Also, did the kid who caught blow out a knee during the play?  or was injury from the celebration?  So many questions.
Reviews at the state championship games, theres the technology for it there.

2 hours ago, txbroadcaster said:

So he’s the Buffalo Bills of TXHSFB Coaches?

Ouch III

18 hours ago, po elvis said:

Unless high school has different rulesthan college - the ball has to be behind the line. Doesn't matter where the foot is.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

Unless high school has different rulesthan college - the ball has to be behind the line. Doesn't matter where the foot is.

That’s not true, in both college and the nfl the entire body needs to be past the line of scrimmage for it to be a violation.

It does not matter where the ball is, if at least some part of the body is behind the line  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUinHsv said:

It fucking blows my mind how many people don't know the rule.

It more blows my mind how many people don't know the rule but act like they do.

JESUS.  FUCK.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, hornbri said:

That’s not true, in both college and the nfl the entire body needs to be past the line of scrimmage for it to be a violation.

It does not matter where the ball is, if at least some part of the body is behind the line  

Yep - I guess I am wrong. The wording does say entire body. However if the throwing arm is not past the line then neither is the ball.

1 minute ago, AUinHsv said:

Yep - I guess I am wrong. The wording does say entire body. However if the throwing arm is not past the line then neither is the ball.

uh, still wrong.  you’re pretty amazing, you know that?

throwing arm and ball can be well past the LOS, as long my long dick is dragging and my knob end is behind the line. 

21 minutes ago, futureman said:

uh, still wrong.  you’re pretty amazing, you know that?

throwing arm and ball can be well past the LOS, as long my long dick is dragging and my knob end is behind the line. 

Says the guy that bitched and whined about the same play for an hour after the game on the other thread.